TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > Digi Q > Nikko iRacer

Old 12-27-2002, 03:54 PM
ax0n

Nikko iRacer Vs. Digi-Q (Feature Comparison)

I am going to make some observations about my iRacer, and I'd like it if some of you can help me out by posting similar observations about your Digi-Q, that was I can start figuring out how to make both of these cars better.

We all know that the similarities between the iRacer and Digi-Q are as follows:

* IR Controlled, multiple Channels
* Digitally Proportional Accelleration and steering
* Twin Engine design with rubber rear tires and hard plastic front wheels
* Rechargeable

Here's what I noticed about my iRacer:

Batteries. Charger takes 4 AA batteries, inside the car there is a green-wrapped cell exactly the size of the one in the Bit-Char-G, I'm assuming it's NIMH because that's what the box says is in the car. The battery is held into the car by a small torx screw holding a cover on under the car, you don't have to remove the body to get to the cell.

I'd like someone to post how many/what size batteries are in the Digi-Q Controller and cars too, and any other details. I believe I heard someone say the Digi-Q uses 2 1/4AAA cells inside the car? is this true?

Charging. The controller seems to dump about 1.7-2.0 volts to the Car when charging. Charging takes about 2 minutes. (measured by placing my DVM in parallel with the car while it's charging because it looks like the charger can sense when the car is on the charger, I wasn't getting anything out of the charging posts until I put the car on it)

Likewise, if someone could measure the voltage and time for a Digi, that'd be excellent

Channels: 5 Channels available, I believe the Digi-Q has only 4, I wonder if any of the channels are cross-compatible
Old 01-05-2003, 02:21 PM
TinyRC Pro

i racer has 1 batt. digi has 2!
Old 01-05-2003, 05:19 PM
ax0n

Quote:
Originally posted by mattdaxlr8er
i racer has 1 batt. digi has 2!
I posted that... are they 1.2v NIMH? What Size? And how many volts does the charger push?
Old 01-06-2003, 10:03 PM
TinyRC Newbie

which is better?

So which is faster the DigiQ or the Iracer? I don't own a Iracer because I was told that the Iracer was slower and had less range? what do ya think?
Old 01-07-2003, 12:50 AM
TinyRC Pro

i have one and all I could say is that it is hard to control. Speeds up as quick as a bit charg 3.0. I want 2 purchase a digiq r soon so i'll be back.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:18 AM
ax0n

The iRacer is slower -- Stock...

after taking apart my iRacer it appears that it's using engines that are almost identical to microsizers motors. I don't know what speed they're equivalent to...but I plan on doin some hacking

Can someone verify the dimensions and voltage of the batts in the real thing?
Old 01-08-2003, 02:21 PM
TinyRC Pro

What I had done 2 my iracer iz not recommend.

I added a second battery by a series connection. 2.4 volts. It didnt fry he circuit board but I did gain a 300 percent speed boost. It is IMPOSSIBLE to control the car at that speed. It flips and does cart wheels (no Hands). W/ all that xtra enery I added some leds 2 make headlights. nice. after 5 mins of playin the car gave up,died, and is now TRASH!!!!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
The DigiQ has 2- 1/4AAA sized NiMH batteries, connected in Series (that means 2.4v output).

The iRacer has 1- 1/3AAA sized NiMH battery, that means 1.2v output.

Using the stock controllers for both, you get roughly the same performance...But once you switch to a Digi Propo Special controller for the DigiQ, it's NO contest. Being able to control Speed, Acceleration, Steering Trim and Braking with the controller turns the DigiQ into a FAR superior car...Of course that's IF you're willing to pay the money for such things.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:06 PM
ax0n

Namuna, do you know if controllers are compatible across brands? I suppose I could go visit the freak in the mall that's selling DigiQ's with the propo special for $160 (rolleyes...what a ****ing rip-off!) ...

He let me play with the Digi-Q before I got my iRacer. Maybe he'll let me play with the propo special again, just for gits and shiggles. If he comes down on the price for me, he could make a sale if the controller works with the iRacers.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Nope, no compatibility.