TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-11-2003, 09:18 PM
TinyRC Pro

iRacer vs. Zip Zaps SE

Which do you think whould be a better car for someone who is looking all around good car?
Thanks
Old 09-11-2003, 11:01 PM
ax0n

That really depends. I love my iRacer, but I also have a M/S Pro with a 3.8.

In my opinion, the microsizers are funner because you can modify them, and with a little work, they're faster than the iRacer, at least the M/S Pro is. I had an old-school original Zip Zap, and I tried best as I could to make it really fast, and it just was not up to the task. I haven't had the joy of messing with the Zip Zaps SE yet. Maybe I'll see if there's a good demo unit in the stores here. Maybe I'll show 'em who's boss with either my M/S Pro or iRacer.

here's how I see it:

iRacer Vs. M/S Pro (closest thing to a ZZSE I have)

- iRacer is slower than a properly modded M/S Pro
+ iRacer is Still damn fast, way faster than an M/S Pro with the 2.2 motor, has fully proportional steering and accelleration. Can turn on a DIME when it's stopped.
- Learning how to drive an iRacer or any rear-wheel-steering car is very difficult
+ Once driving it has been mastered, you can do insane tricks and handle very complex courses at a very high speed. I'd almost say a good driver could outmaneuver most bit clones in an iRacer or DigiQ, but you REALLY do need lots of practice to get comfy with the iRacer.
- iRacer is basically not moddable, at least not nearly to the extent as other cars. You can graphite the gears. There's not a lot more you can do.

For an all-round very nice car that is fun to drive, the iRacer is great. It's very small and I think it offers more shock value than the Radio controlled counterparts.

If you can't leave well enough alone, then look elsewhere. The iRacer is not for you.

Last edited by ax0n; 09-11-2003 at 11:04 PM.