TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, Z-Cars, Clones > Bit Char-G / MicroSizers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Stridex's Avatar
Stridex Stridex is offline
Chunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 724
Smart Land tank!

Today I got my first Toyeast order. Here's what I got...

Mugen NSX miniZ
SpeedRacer Bit
Toyota Supra Bit
Fairlady Booster
and 3 Smartland Tanks. Came in a package deal for $38 I believe.

Anywho, out of all of those, I can't put down the Smartland battle tanks. These things are killer and a lot better then I expected for the price. There are eight buttons on the controller. The standard up-down-right-left and then two fire buttons and two rotate buttons for the gun on top. You can rotate it either left or right and use either hand to fire. I was not expecting the ability to do that. This was my first surprise. Second surprise was how cool they actually looked. The charger also allows 4 AA's and the controller holds 2 AA's. After you shoot someone, that person can't move for approx. 4 secs. They're very addicting, well worth the price and a great addition to anyones micro amusement. Don't expect speed, but the control is great. Shorter tires should speed them up.

The miniZ (my first one) is also pretty dope. Very detail and drives like a dream. Pic of it is in my avatar.

EDIT: (added Pic)
__________________
A religious war is like
children fighting over
who has the strongest
imaginary friend.

Last edited by Stridex; 03-07-2003 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Napalm_Guru's Avatar
Napalm_Guru Napalm_Guru is offline
Wanna Drag??
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: US,Wisconsin
Posts: 191
By all means,Please post pics! Are they geared for torque? How do you turn the turret?
__________________
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. You just leave a lot of useless noisy baggage behind.
-Jed Babbin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2003, 10:31 PM
NT-APEX NT-APEX is offline
TinyRC Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NZ
Posts: 87
That is pretty cool!
__________________
Fujiwara Tofu Shop AE86

LXX with RedSuns FD3S body
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Stridex's Avatar
Stridex Stridex is offline
Chunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 724
Quote:
By all means,Please post pics! Are they geared for torque? How do you turn the turret?
See the very top of those round cylinders on top of the controller? I think they're supposed to be binoculars. I see a two-fisted flask.

Each has two buttons on top....half moon buttons. Each side has a fire button and a rotation button. The left rotation button swings the gun counter clockwise and the right one swings the gun clockwise. Going forward and swinging your gun around is a very cool feeling. Especially at this size. I shot another tank from about 12 feet away. Might be able to go further. I'll check it out. As for the driving range, it's pretty decent. I'd guess 20 ft. Nothing to complain about, that is for sure.
__________________
A religious war is like
children fighting over
who has the strongest
imaginary friend.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-08-2003, 11:52 AM
mc2wheels mc2wheels is offline
TinyRC Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 55
Too much range with the guns

I just bought these same tanks, and I too am impressed. they are a lot of fun, and a lot better than I expected. However, there is one problem. You can shoot the other tanks way too easily. The range on the IR is too long, and you don't have to aim too well to hit the other tanks. I think that the problem is that the barrel ends with the IR emitter, and it fires in a wide arc. I am going to experiment with lengthening the barrel with straw or something to make better aiming necessary. Have you had this problem too?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Stridex's Avatar
Stridex Stridex is offline
Chunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 724
Quote:
I just bought these same tanks, and I too am impressed. they are a lot of fun, and a lot better than I expected. However, there is one problem. You can shoot the other tanks way too easily. The range on the IR is too long, and you don't have to aim too well to hit the other tanks. I think that the problem is that the barrel ends with the IR emitter, and it fires in a wide arc. I am going to experiment with lengthening the barrel with straw or something to make better aiming necessary. Have you had this problem too?
I agree with you. In a 5 foot radius, I had the same results. When I separated the tanks over 12+ feet, I had to be pretty accurate. In close range, some of the tanks also interfere with one another, I found out. But, once all remotes are turned on, that problem went away. I still can't believe how cheap they were.

Update: Everything can be upgraded with the help of a soldering iron, but the tanks PCBx2 are in there pretty good. The tires and rims are probably the only thing a novice modder can switch out. I want to put in a dual batt and better motor, but I don't think I'm going to risk it.
__________________
A religious war is like
children fighting over
who has the strongest
imaginary friend.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Heat's Avatar
Heat Heat is offline
Zhuge Liang - My Idol
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 429
Send a message via AIM to Heat
my dad went to hong kong i gonn ahve him pick those up my friend and i wanna mod it so that the infrared beam would be more concentrated...he also wants to change the motor for me i'll post some results if i get this all done
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
smart range question rydzjunior XMODS Mods and Projects 0 03-03-2007 07:39 PM
Kinda smart idea T_T_52 Wild Char-G 6 06-03-2004 01:05 PM
Smart Fresh Ideas scottyboyfun Bit Char-G / MicroSizers 0 02-25-2003 04:54 PM
Looking for some Smart & Puegeot bodies. Blamminator Bit Char-G / MicroSizers 4 02-14-2003 09:35 PM
Using a Smart Charger... Namuna Miscellaneous Discussion 6 08-29-2002 01:59 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products
Tiny RC Community News
[03/17/10] Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2... : The Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2 Carbon Limited ASF 2.4GHz Tx-Less Chassis Set - more»
[10/23/09] Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 In Stock! : The Mini-Z MR-03 (http://mr-03.com) is now In Stock and Pre-Orders are shipping! - more»
[09/06/09] Labor Day Savings - $5 Off... : Labor Day traditionally marks the unofficial end of summer - but we're not ready to let go! So, we - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts