TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 11-06-2003, 01:23 PM
theMonster's Avatar
theMonster theMonster is offline
Got Brains?
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: in your closet, under your bed
Posts: 403
Question Insane X-Mod ideas...am I on Crack?

Okay, I'm mainly a monster truck guy but have a few X-mod ideas. Shoot me down if they're whack.

1. Has anyone seen the Twin-Turbo add on for the Mini-Zs? I guess this is supposed to boost the power handling capacity of the ESC and increase the output by adding more FETS. Anone think this will work on an Xmod?

2. 5th cell. I want to buy the 1.5V rechargable Rayovacs as opposed to the 1.25V other brands and then add on a 5th cell. I head of a guy doing this in this forum but he and another guy are bickering like big babies so I don't trust them. Theoretically this would give the car 1.5Vx5=7.5V. This works with my Monster Truck, I am running an 8.4V pack as opposed to a 7.2V. Does anybody think that this may fry the x-mod? I know the Mini-Z can handle it.

3. Mini-Z motor. i.e. the Xspeed or something hotter (don't give me any of this garbage about Stage10 or the other hand wound one because I'm not paying $50 for a damn motor in a $50 car.)

4. Heat shield for the above Mini-Z motor. I saw somewhere, Tower I think where they were selling heat shields for the Mini-Z motors. I think they clip on like the shield for my Monster does.

5. The Xmod bodies are metal right? So how about a 1/24th scale lexan stock car body from a slot car? This will take a LOT of weight off of the car. I'd like to go with a stock car body.

Now, if all of the above is possible, I'll end up with something that will kill all other x-mods and be able to hang with and beat the Mini-Zs at a fraction of the cost. It'll be a RWD mini stock car! Gimmie your input!

btw...my normal ride:
Traxxas E-Stampede
DuraTraxx 8T ESC
Diamond Speed Gem Krytonite 9T motor
E-Maxx Tires and Wheels
Candy Blue w/yellow flames 55 Chevy body
hell yeah!
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Layman's Dual Cell Mod (tm) actofgod Bit Science 207 02-16-2004 03:30 AM
new mod ideas!! nitrousmaniac ZipZaps 5 12-14-2003 12:49 PM
6 Volt mod test with video-Any ideas? jpaustin Bit Char-G Mods and Projects 9 01-30-2003 02:43 AM
NEW CONTROLLER MOD! Check it out.... mike_diaz19 Bit Char-G / MicroSizers 13 12-18-2002 11:02 PM
Reverse mod..while keeping reverse ZIZI ZipZaps 4 11-26-2002 04:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products
Tiny RC Community News
[03/17/10] Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2... : The Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2 Carbon Limited ASF 2.4GHz Tx-Less Chassis Set - more»
[10/23/09] Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 In Stock! : The Mini-Z MR-03 (http://mr-03.com) is now In Stock and Pre-Orders are shipping! - more»
[09/06/09] Labor Day Savings - $5 Off... : Labor Day traditionally marks the unofficial end of summer - but we're not ready to let go! So, we - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts