TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Auldey (All) (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   RS Clone (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18268)

Racer9 02-17-2004 03:19 PM

RS Clone
 
I got a Radio Shack clone. It is 1:32 scale and is a Ford Focus RS WRC rally car. It handles well but its slower than a stock Auldey. Anyone else have one?

Racer9 02-20-2004 04:03 PM

Overall Rating: Very Good
Quality: 10 (No problems yet! Knock on wood)
Overall Design: 9 (Very Strong design and also stable. Has two quirks mentioned later)
Speed: 9 (Good but slower than stock Auldey)
Handling: 10 (VERY good! Stable car that is almost impossible to spin)
Tires: 10 ( Same design as Auldey stock tires but much softer)
Wheels: 10 (The best wheels ever! enough said)

The cars I have are from RS and are the best deal ever! The have the softest tires I have ever seen. They have enough grip to hold on extremely well even on dusty surfaces (like a dirty hardwood floor for example) so the dirt isn't a prob. The cars are even sealed well. When I took it apart there is three screws to hold on the body. The motor pod has 4 screws to hold the top on. The motor endbell partially sticks out of the end too. It could use a rubber gasket around the motor to seal anything out but otherwise good. It also has a lexan shield that will cover it from dirt from the top but not the bottom. I am sure there is ways of shielding the bottom. The body top has a gold or copper plated antenna glued in. It has a wire running down to the PCB. The actual antenna looks like this:

IIIIIII
====
IIIIIII
It performs well but...
It will probably help to do the relay mod due to being fairly slow but otherwise very good cars! I would reccomend one very much! Especially for $15 at RS.

Racer9 02-20-2004 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is:

mde 02-24-2004 01:02 AM

post pics of the motor and electronics
 
Post pictures of the running gear and measurements of the motor please.

I may be able to source motors for you.

Racer9 02-24-2004 02:01 PM

It uses regular Auldey Motors and the drive train is very similar just it has the gears on the left (when viewed from behind):)

mde 02-24-2004 11:05 PM

Does it also use the same magnetic steering set up as the race tin?

Racer9 02-25-2004 02:45 PM

Nope motorized by an open can motor exactly like in the Epochs drive setup. It seems to not reach all the way unless you steer from the complete oppiste steering lock!:)

mde 02-25-2004 07:36 PM

Interesting I' ll have to check the local RS to see if they have one.

george 04-05-2004 05:36 PM

i saw them. how fast?

Racer9 04-20-2004 01:42 PM

Slower than a stock Auldey but handles much better.

george 04-20-2004 06:35 PM

i dont have an auldey so could you give me a ball park


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.