TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Old

Rehashing the Classic Single Side Damper

Posted 12-09-2012 at 06:49 AM by color0
It's been said before that there are never any new ideas, everything new is just a rehash of something old. That's not always true but for the new racing "season" I'm doing it, using one Kyosho Oil Shock as a single side damper (SSD) on the MR03. The idea has been around a long time -- they've faded in and out of fashion in 1/12 pan cars, the InZane (now Lajf) P28 carries one, and to be fair, we at Greyscale have been playing with SSD's for a long time already. It just never occurred to...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

PNWC 2012 F1 Pro Setup

Posted 12-05-2012 at 02:10 AM by color0
Updated 12-05-2012 at 02:18 AM by color0
I realize I haven't said much about the F1 I own, and it's mainly because this car just takes a lot of work to get it running... mostly electrical gremlins occurring in heavily populated areas.

As far as the Worlds' go, F1 Pro was just pure frustration -- my car was definitely the fastest in the field and proved it with the fastest lap in qualifying and IIRC, the fastest F1 lap of the weekend. But the GLITCH! kept coming back again and again and in the end it just wouldn't hold together...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

PNWC 2012 GT Mod Setup (Rather NG, but People Asked!)

Posted 12-01-2012 at 08:01 AM by color0
Updated 12-05-2012 at 01:51 AM by color0
Hokeydokey, so a long time ago (...a few weeks) I went to the PNWC 2012 race held at Inside Line Racing/Vallco Mall in Cupertino, CA. Unfortunately, I was sick, and my driving was pretty shot, so I knew I had no chance of winning, and instead I tested out a lot of different setups, got a lot of data on different bodies and diffs, and eventually settled on a 599XX with a ball diff and a LOT of holes. While I'm still not happy with how my setup performed at the Worlds', a couple people have asked...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

PN Racing 4D Trigger -- Setting it Up

Posted 09-22-2012 at 09:20 PM by color0
Updated 09-22-2012 at 09:30 PM by color0
Hey everyone,

Sorry it took me so long to get this article out, but it is here finally.

The PN Racing 4D Trigger is a pretty clever bit, essentially it puts all the contact surfaces (forward/reverse) of the trigger on relocatable pivots so you can very carefully control how the trigger feels in your index finger. This allows you to have a true no-play, no-lag trigger, and you can have full confidence in modulating the brake and throttle input as this trigger (when...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Old

Body Modifications for Perfect Stance

Posted 08-26-2012 at 04:21 AM by color0
One of the great things about the Mini-Z's styrene plastic body is that it is a lot more modification-friendly than the polycarbonate bodies used in other scales. You can cut, sand, polish, weld, melt, etc. allowing you to push the envelope on your creation, whether that is reducing weight for racing, adding lights for show, or, as we'll be covering here, achieving the perfect lowered stance while keeping the car driveable.

TinyRC Pro
Posted in Tips and Tricks