TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-30-2002, 04:11 AM
Micro RC Innovator

Thumbs up 7 Cell Epoch Spec2 Dragster Spectacular!!

Yes!! I was bored and decided to finally upgrade to 7 cells of nimh 120mah.. None of the cells would fit in the passenger area of the body and so i decided to go and upgrade to the single blower look to the tri-blower dragster "muscle machines" look.. The car contains my rehandwinded Armature to a lower turn along with my upgraded FET so i dont burn out the ESC. Power is defintely night and day compared to 4,5,6 cell modifications.. My speed checker is currently broken right now, but i believe this Epoch goes beyond 35 kmh or even more... I know it looks kinda awkward, but i do plan on refacing the three stacked batteries to make it look flush to the body or to make it look like somekind of crazy NHRA dragster motor... Runtime isnt that great, but just a little touch of the trigger, the car goes balistic like an uncontrollable angry beast. Top end is superb if i can get it on a grippy surface like a tennis court. Cant wait to try it out!! If i can get the rears to hook up perfectly, like on a carpet or any grippy surface, i believe this epoch will do wheelies since when i tested it out on the kitchen floor hitting reverse to forward rapidly, it did a wheely already. Right now, its a matter of tapping the trigger from slow to fast (like pan car direct drive style) which i do plan on testing at my friend's tennis court (excellent traction) for some pure topend speed!! I will try and get this on video asap so you guys will feel the rush and speed adrenaline that i excitedley feel right now!! I currently use a Mini-Z transmitter since it has adjustable steering travel to help this car from spinning out on turns.. Next project, 8 to 10 cells with a spacious impreza body since it allows it to fit more cells. Anyways, tell me what u guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 634.jpg (328.3 KB, 616 views)

Last edited by MicroRCracer; 11-30-2002 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:56 PM
Administrator

WOW! I'd really like to see a video! What did you do to the FETs? Stack, replace, or ? What type did you use? Cool!
Old 12-02-2002, 12:23 AM
Micro RC Innovator

hey tiny rc!!

I just stacked the FETS using parted Fets from another Spec2 electronic board..
Old 12-03-2002, 06:47 AM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via Yahoo to e_lm_70
Cool mod ... curios to see a video out off it.

My personal taste isn't in favor of massive budy cut for add bats.

There are on market a lot of nice & small NiMh bat, so better have little mAh but still a perfect body !

... just upset that you broke my 6cell record !

For go to 8 cell I need do buy some special cells ! ...

BTW for me 6cell are already enogh

e_lm_70

P.S: Epoch rulez !
When they will push more the market with more hip/pop/hup ... or we need to wait for kyosho to enter in the 1/43 arena ?
Old 12-03-2002, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by MicroRCracer
hey tiny rc!!

I just stacked the FETS using parted Fets from another Spec2 electronic board..
Ah, so no idea what the part number or anything is?
Old 12-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Bit Drag Racer

Send a message via AIM to TemjinNeo78
suweet good job!
Old 12-03-2002, 05:11 PM
Micro RC Innovator

Hey tiny!!

When i unscrew the board and turn it over next time, i will be sure to copy off the numbers off the FETS..
Old 12-05-2002, 04:52 AM
Micro RC Innovator

I know its off EPOCH topic kinda, but i just wanted to share with everyone that Ive developed an 8 cell Modded Mini-Z Extreme Dragster, inspired by the tech development from my 7 cell Epoch Extreme Dragster..

Well.. Here is my other creation of being an originator innovator again....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 641.jpg (324.8 KB, 515 views)
Old 12-05-2002, 06:11 AM

I can't believe that you are powering the Mini-Z PCB with 9.6V (8cell)

Are you using a turbo ? If so it must also be a good turbo !

Just see that you love to add weight ...

I was thinking to add in my Mini-Z F1 12 1/3 AAA, for have in total 7.2V and 280mAh and till a lot of current out of the bat ...
Just skeptical about that the only change with 3x2 7389 FET is enough for keep alive my PCB.

e_lm_70
Old 12-06-2002, 05:57 PM
Micro RC Innovator

e_lm_70,

Its all FET and capacitor technology my man and also getting helpp from the father who is an Engineer..

By the way, if you look closely at the picture, my batteries are nicad 1.25V instead of the regular 1.2v .. So, I am not running 9.6v, I am aactually running 10.00 volts... O yeah, the weight of the extra 4 batteries really keeps the weight down for stable high top-end speeds..

Last edited by MicroRCracer; 12-06-2002 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:32 AM

Hi,

I have seen your AA 1.25V NiCd, I have as well some 1800mAh AA 1.25 NiMh, and some 700mAh AAA 1.25 NiMh are on the way home.

So far I till have to see a real difference between 1.2V and 1.25V batt.

As you well know fully charged (any Bat) they can run up to 1.5V ... so you can run up to 12V ...

About Engineering ... if I well remeber I till have a MSC in microelectronic ...

Can you post a PIC of the PCB with the part that you have updated ?

e_lm_70

P.S: I see you on Ebay selly your super 7cell ... surprise that you want to make a business out of it ... or just bored of epoch ?
Old 12-08-2002, 04:05 AM
Micro RC Innovator

Sorry, I cannot post a picture of my PCB board, because my ex-buddy in the past became a jealous perpetrator backstabber in claiming ideas as his when it was really mine and that is why I desolved his relationship in no time.. For now, i would like to maintain it as a tradeskill secret like people do and as allowed in these forums and especially in Mini-Z racer forums... I figure, i worked hard to develop my work and so they should pay their dues as well in figuring out..
Old 12-09-2002, 09:48 AM

Just tried out my Mini-Z X-Speed and my Epoch 6 cells on a carpet Track.

They both have similiar top speed, but the Epoch can't compete in the lap time ... it is too narrow, the Mini-Z F1 can take turn far faster while the Epoch at same speed will roll ...

Controll such a fast narrow car on a carpet track it is very tricky ... I don't know how somebody can say that Epoch can compete with Mini-Z ...

BTW the other guys on the track were running 1/24 WWS 6cell with 180 motor ... my Mini-Z F1 have been smoked out ... waiting for my S02 and my 7389 FETs to see if I can close the gap ...

If I manage to go to california for Work ... I'm courios to check-out the true about the driving skills of MicroRCracer ...
Only with a video I can start to believe that the Epoch can compete with a Mini-Z !

e_lm_70

BTW: Epoch is till the best RC for drive at home!
Old 12-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Administrator

e_lm_70, is the WWS popular in Austria?
Old 12-10-2002, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tinyrc
e_lm_70, is the WWS popular in Austria?
Don't really know ... just have been inside one Austrian RC group.

I'm new in the RC world.

I just know that all the member of that group were using a 1/24 WWS.
They are all comming from Nitro RC 1/10, on summer they use a open air 1/10 track.
I have been told that the Micro RS4 is too week for drive in a track, and somebody last year were using an ABC. Some have a Mini-Z (mainly F1) just for fun (but they have left at home!)

On the track the 1/24 WWS look like a 4WD since it is very stable with good traction (thanks to the wide weels base and foan tyres). The center of gravity of WWS look as low as a Mini-Z F1.

My Mini-Z F1 need a lot of work for close the gap. And I guess a standard Mini-Z it is to high for prevent rolling over the carpet.

I'm waiting also a Mini-X ... maybe with 8 cell Mini-X plus FET update, I can be competitive ... who knows ...