TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE > ZipZaps SE

Old 03-28-2005, 12:17 AM
TinyRC Newbie

can some one list the 3rd gen se's

please list the 3rd generation se's 4 me pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassee!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:52 AM
perpetual newbie

Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassee, check my ZipZap catalog at www.gcrossett.com/zipzaps/.

The rest of you might help me refine my catalog by listing the first and second generation cars and trucks. Thank you.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:39 PM
TinyRC Newbie

are all them se's 3rd gen if not can you list the 3rd gen better yet which se will you recomend to buy one with no problems

oh yeah are them monster trucks any fast with stock motors
and are they durable?
Old 03-28-2005, 02:24 PM
perpetual newbie

unknown2--

Not all are third generation, only those listed as such. I have no data on which are first and second generation, hence my own request for help in my previous reply to you.

The Shelby GT500 pair seem to be the hot item at the moment.

I have two MTs--one motored and geared for the fastest tire revs, and the other motored stock with a rebuilt gear box to low the gear ratio and give it much more torque. Since you're interested in the details, I'd recommend Rich Nagel's site at http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/moto...motor_rpm).txt.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
TinyRC Pro

unknown 2:

I just went to the Radioshack website. If you have never seen it----->LINK-HERE

All the SE's listed there are 3rd Gen. But since you seem a little confused I will list all 9 of them for you-this should provide you some clarity:

-White 2005 Ford GT
Catalog #: 60-7050

-Navy 2005 Ford GT
Catalog #: 60-7051

-2003 Red Chevrolet Corvette C5
Catalog #: 60-7048

-Orange Ford Mustang Mach I
Catalog #: 60-7054

-2003 Yellow Chevrolet Corvette C5
Catalog #: 60-7049

-Green 1967 Ford Shelby GT-500
Catalog #: 60-7070

-Red 1967 Ford Shelby GT-500
Catalog #: 60-7071

-Red Dodge Viper
Catalog #: 60-7052

-Black Dodge Viper
Catalog #: 60-7053

Of these 9 listed--I have the Ford Mustang Mach1 and the green Mustang Shelby. Both of these cars work really well-a huge improvement of their predecessors. No steering glitches or shortage of speed.
My buddy has the black Viper and it works well too.

I hope this helps and FYI: if you look around in these forums a little there's answers to most of your questions.
You should(if you haven't already)post your MT question in the MT forums.

Last edited by damootch; 03-28-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:44 PM
TinyRC Newbie

thanx i just got back from shack and there 25 bucks still should i just get the monster truck instead
Old 03-28-2005, 10:49 PM
TinyRC Pro

The MT's are more durable than the SE's. Not as fast, but you can use them on low carpet, outside, and pretty much anywhere. With the SE's you are kind of restricted to where you can use them-somewhere smooth and flat.

Think about where you want to use it......

Last edited by damootch; 03-28-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:59 PM
perpetual newbie

damootch--

My pictoral catalog at the URL listed in my first reply to unknown2 shows all the ZipZap and ZipZap SE cars and trucks, both current and retired. In that listing I have already identified the third generation ones. I was hoping someone could identify which are the first and second generation ones. Can you help, please?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:44 PM
TinyRC Pro

chilli:
I made a list of 1st and 2nd Gen ZipZap SE's. I used your web site as a reference-so if I missed any it's because you don't have them up....nice work-by the way-I like the way you have it layed out-it's a good site for info.

1st Gen
-Audi TT
-Mazda Savana
-Mazda Efini

2nd Gen
-1970 Chevy Chevelle
-1976 Ford Gran Torino
-1970 Pontiac GTO Judge
-2003 Ford Mustang Concept

I thought there were a couple more 1st Gen- I seem to remember an Inital D starter kit, but I could be losing it-I'm getting old and the memory ain't so good anymore.

I hope this helps.....

Last edited by damootch; 03-29-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:22 PM
perpetual newbie

damooch--

That's precisely what I wanted! Thank you very much. I'll edit my catalog and upload it this evening with the information you've provided.

I think my ZZ and ZZSE list is complete, although I somewhere recall hearing the VWs might never have been produced.

Can you beat retired-at-62? My wife thinks I've already lost it--I came home the other day from a Radio Shack store on the south side of Indianapolis with twenty-five returned/scrapped ZZs for which I paid $90. Most of them are now up and running and the others will be repaired or become my "educational" pieces. (I hope the rest of you who read this will take the hint--get to your RS store and ask them to save the returned ZZs for you to buy for parts, otherwise they just toss them out.)

Thanks for you contribution to and comments on my catalog. I'm willing to take other information to add there.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:26 PM
TinyRC Pro

Chilli:

I am always happy to help. Like I said before I like your site. Great info! The removable antenne mod is really cool. Next time I am at RS I'll have to remember to pick up some of those pin and socket sets. I have a qusetion for you-do you think a piece of nickel guitar string will work? Or does the receiver work only with copper? I have access to used guitar strings and thought it might be a good way to recycle some of them.

Good score with the returned/scrapped Zips. I wondered what they did with all the Zips I've returned. I've brought back at least a dozen of the 1st and 2nd gen Zips. I'm glad RS took the time to improve on the 3rd Gen-I haven't returned either of them.

I am half your age and happy to see ZipZaps attract all ages. I've been into RC for many years, but all my life I wanted a remote controlled 'match box'. And ZipZaps were the answer. These little cars have provided me with hours of entertainment.

Have you thought about putting up the 'Steering fix' for the 1st and some of the 2nd Gen Se's on your site? I did this 'fix' on my first Gen Audi TT. It went from 2/4 turing positions left and right to 5/5 and took care of the 'jittery steering' problem. It evened out the sharper right turns it was making. On this site there is a really good tutorial for the steering fix. Perhaps you can perfect it a little on some of your 'educational' pieces?

....I think you are right about the VW Beetle- I don't remember seeing those in the stores or on ebay.....

'The man who dies with the most toys wins' Right?!??!
Thank you for your enthusiasm!!

Last edited by damootch; 03-29-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:01 AM
perpetual newbie

Mootch--

I think the guitar string would be preferrable since it is not as likely as brass to bend in a rollover. Soldering might be another issue; I've never done it and don't know what the difficulty might be. Let me know if you have success and I'll add your story (with credits) to my antenna mod section.

I'm a parts-guy. I go to model railroad shows and buy nothing but parts. I scrap out the engines and rebuild into entirely different stuff. That carries over into the ZZ thing. I'm building an organized parts box with my Indy acquisition. The hardest thing to find is ZZ MT lug nuts. Fastenal has ordered a package of 2-mm hex nuts, which should be in today. We'll see if those work. I really do encourage the hobby to ask at their RS store--have them save the returns (just stay away from "my" stores!).

My fascination with the small stuff began in 1960 when I began my undergrad education at the University of Iowa, working with VanAllen's group (he's the guy who discovered the radiation belts) designing and building satellite parts. The space program had begun only several years earlier and we were pretty much required to use our own imaginations on how to design and assemble that small stuff. The ZZs are a piece of cake.

The steering fix--nope, hadn't thought of doing that and writing a tutorial for my site. Maybe you'd like to do that. If you don't have webspace of your own, I could host it. Otherwise, I'll start a section of links to others' proven and helpful mods.

What do you think my estate should do with all my "toys" (I prefer to call them "models") when I die? Actually, I'm retired clergy and I don't think the number of these models will make much difference in my case. But let's enjoy them while we can, and help others to do the same.

Thanks for your reply. If you want to correspond off-forum, my e-mail addresses are at the bottom of my ZipZaps page.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Tool User

Send a message via AIM to frizzen Send a message via Yahoo to frizzen
Hey chilli_mp138,

Nice to know there's another person from Indy here. Which store is yours so I won't be trying to take the cars that'd go to you?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:32 PM
perpetual newbie

frizzen--

I got my stuff at the Greenwood Mall, but don't let that stop you. I think my wife has said enough is enough. The manager had been collecting all the returned ZZs and had this box full of them, which he would not sell individually. So, I bought the whole thing. He said he probably sells more than any other store in the area--maybe the demographics are right.

Since I live in Terre Haute and have three stores here to bother, you'd better get busy with all the Indy stores.

Let me know if you have a group that gets together on the weekends and if I'd be welcome to visit. Also, visit my ZZ website at www.gcrossett.com/zipzaps/.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:56 PM
TinyRC Pro

Exclamation Chilli_mp138 CORRECTION!!!!

Chilli:

-2003 Ford Mustang Concept----is a 1st Gen!!!!

-Sorry about the mix-up.

Last edited by damootch; 04-03-2005 at 12:59 PM.