TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 01-16-2004, 07:32 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
before more newbies to racing make more foolish and silly comments about what appears to be RCP Tracks as in the "it's official" thread, read the reviews of them on mini-zracer and take a look at other same scale race venues. the fact that kyosho has chosen them to use for it's mini-z cup races says alot about the quality of RCP Tracks. please, do some research before posting posting such rediculous comments such as they are gay...

that being said, you can read about many who have found alternative foam tile sources for creating d.i.y. tracks on mini-zracer as well. this topic has been discussed for some time there.

when and if rs racing series begins and they use these tracks, alot of you will be pulling your foot out of your mouths
Old 01-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Mad Scientist

Thumbs up

Definitely looks promising to me. Plus the foam barriers will be a little kinder to the cars than the pipes. It also looks like those barriers have the ability to be anchored down to the tiles. If that is the case, it is a huge advantage over the PVC tracks. Our track gets blown apart and shifted around frequently where I run. There isn't a really good way to anchor it to the carpet.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:05 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

there are many threads regarding alternative sources for creating d.i.y. foam tile tracks on mini-zracer.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:03 AM
TinyRC Pro

There are some cool pictures of some custom tracks just like the RS tracks hear http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/.
Go to the second page and click on picture of track

Last edited by jbear; 01-16-2004 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:05 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

more info here

here is rcp's homepage
Old 01-16-2004, 01:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to SonicKuz Send a message via Yahoo to SonicKuz
Arch2b is right on this one. The mini-z people go crazy trying to get these foamy high traction surfaces, which are going to work much better than concrete and pvc when you have a really fast car. No need to act like childish homophobes just because a track is coming out.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Got Brains?

traction=true

That is correct, my traction is aweful on concrete and blacktop is worthless, don't have any place big enough inside to run it, but c'mon hundreds of dollars for this crap? If you're running sanctioned races or competing for money then great it's worth it, but besides a nunch of spolied rotten brats and geeks who have nothing better to burn their cash on, who in the heck is gonna pay 160 for a track especially if you need more than one set to make anything but a small oval.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Cheese Ninja

Send a message via AIM to Hairball
Quote:
Originally posted by suprafreak33
people who r getting paid!!!!
More accurately, people who are getting paid to pimp out XMODS controllers.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:27 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

well, just becasue you do not have the money or do and do not intend to spend the money on one, they do not deserve to be called "crap". Professional quality tracks are hardly "crap".

yes they are expensive. will the average xmod owner who spends $50 on the car afford to buy a track like that, probably not. it's alot of money for mini-z owners too. and those that do haev them would be offended being labled geeks or spoiled brats. becareful with who you stereotype.

so again, before you run off with the negative comments without ever seeing one much less experiencing one, lay off with the crappy comments. go back to your concrete/asphalt or whatever and have as much fun as you can.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to SonicKuz Send a message via Yahoo to SonicKuz
Re: traction=true

Quote:
Originally posted by theMonster
That is correct, my traction is aweful on concrete and blacktop is worthless, don't have any place big enough inside to run it, but c'mon hundreds of dollars for this crap? If you're running sanctioned races or competing for money then great it's worth it, but besides a nunch of spolied rotten brats and geeks who have nothing better to burn their cash on, who in the heck is gonna pay 160 for a track especially if you need more than one set to make anything but a small oval.
RCP offers small tracks for a similar price but the idea is that you buy your own and you can add it to a friend's track to create a much larger one. And with how much mini-zs and their mods can run, it kind of got aimed at adults with cash to burn.

For those on a budget, people just use industrial carpet or buy packs of foam mats and build their barriers. It seems like RCP basically brought the concept to a more refined and proven form, if you are willing to pay for it.

I have a catalogue from Tower Hobbies right next to me offering a mini-z enzo for $179.99. If people will pay that much for such a small car, people will pay for the track too.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:17 PM
I really should change my title...

I ordered mine this morning! I got the wide oval. I plan on adding the "wide L" later. I can't wait to try it. I have a foam track I made for my bits and zips that worked great. I had more money in it than $150 and I spent countless hours building it to my liking. This track seems like a bargain to me. Now my car won't look totaled after an hour of racing which it does on pvc pipes and aspalt.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Got Brains?

Exclamation arch2b

It may be good stuff, but we must have a language barrier here, I use the word "crap" interchangably with the word "stuff", so when I have a bunch of SUN computer equipment layed out in front of me, I'll say that I'm dealing with all of this "crap", even though it's 10s of 1000s of dollars worth of equipment, so don't take offense. I do believe that the price of this stuff isn't worth it to the layman/average joe and that it's too expensive as such for a kid's toy in tandem and comparison with the $50 car, which was VERY reasonably priced.

Also, geek isn't a bad thing...I've been called a computer geek, football & hockey geek and I don't take offense to it. I've seen the pics of your RC collection and it's VERY nice, so you're an RC GEEK or if you want to put it into different words then how about afficianado or collector? Does it sound better? It's all aesthetics man, toe-may-toe/tah-mah-toe if you get my drift, so chill out and have a Guiness mate, CHEERS!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 06:16 PM
itsme

I don't think those will sell nicely... What would you choose? Mini-z...track...mini-z...track....?
Old 01-16-2004, 07:02 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Re: arch2b

Quote:
Originally posted by theMonster
It may be good stuff, but we must have a language barrier here...
if your ok, i'm ok
Old 01-16-2004, 09:17 PM
CJ's Hobbies.net

Send a message via ICQ to cj1267 Send a message via Yahoo to cj1267
Get the Newest L for $199.99 and Oval made any design you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 990-0460.jpg (17.8 KB, 161 views)