TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 07-30-2002, 06:59 PM
FunkyMonkey4

Nos

Guess what guys? I bought a small bottlecaped sized alluminum tank and injected nos into it since my dad is a mechanic and wired it so that the electricty activated the tank and shoots the nos into the motor. Its so fast. At least 3 times as fast. The speed though might be becasue the air is pushing the car rather than powering it, I dont know, but it is fast. Go nos. Its so sweet. I go to like competetions and show them my nos tank. What do you guys think?
Old 07-30-2002, 07:01 PM
FunkyMonkey4

Oh my god dude, that so sweet. I did that too. ITs cool huh. Dont ligh the bottle though, lol.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:57 AM
TinyRC Newbie

can you send me specs/info on the nos you are refering to? i've been looking everywhere fore some! thanks!

billytwix@hotmail
Old 07-31-2002, 09:37 AM
FunkyMonkey4

Uh I'll try, but my nos tank's nozzle broke down. Guess it's not so durable. But it is cool, though.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:31 PM
Founder of EaT RiCe Squad

Send a message via AIM to E)(pul$ioN
ROFLMAO! Man, I don't fink this is true or its just a tank of compressed air or sumthin that you brought...
Old 07-31-2002, 02:03 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via ICQ to sharpshooter
yea post a pic, I can't really see how you can mount a tank onto your bit char-G and have it spray NOS into your motor, lol
Old 07-31-2002, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
and have it spray NOS into your motor
...or that this would do anything to an ELECTRIC motor other than perhaps set it on fire!
Old 07-31-2002, 02:10 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via ICQ to sharpshooter
imagine his car driving around with flames comming out from the back lol
Old 07-31-2002, 05:50 PM
FunkyMonkey4

Ill post some pics on
Old 07-31-2002, 05:56 PM
FunkyMonkey4

the pic

The pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg projectkbr34.jpg (31.1 KB, 985 views)
Old 07-31-2002, 06:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to schoon
Question

I can't claim to be an electronics expert, but I do have some knowledge, and I can't figure out how NOS would have any effect at all on an electric motor, which neither combusts nor uses O2 at all.

However, a pressurized gas cylinder (filled with anything would provide quite a boost for a very short time, assuming the cylinder wasn't too heavy.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:14 PM
Administrator

schoon, I think the entire thread is a work of fiction I'm afraid. From the second post where FunkyMonkey4 replies to himself pretending to be another person to the lack of willingness to post a pic of the alleged tank, I think the entire thing is just a joke.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:18 PM
FunkyMonkey4

Okay okay, Ill be honest, it was co2 not nos. But there was a cylinder. You know those c02 tanks from paintball guns where when something is touching the tip air shoots out for about a minute or untill you let go and the 12 grams last about 2 minutes, well thats what I used. I strapped a 12 gram to my car and used a toothpick to stab the hole and had tape aruond the nooze which shot air out at very high speeds which in turn boosted my car. And this story is true. Try it for yourself if you dont believe it. The only thing I lied about was the tank being nos. But I did it to make it sound better so you guys wouldnt laugh at me and for you to notice me.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:10 PM
Administrator

FunkyMonkey4, take a picture of the car with the CO2 cartridge in front of your computer monitor showing this web site in the background, and you'll prove it to us.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:23 AM
TinyRC Pro

C'mon guys, you didn't know it was a joke from the very beginning?

The CO2 tank idea is actually quite old (but not for Bits). In middle school shop class, we made wooden cars for just that purpose and race them down the hall.

Of course, my lego car would blow the doors off of just about anything...two "C" rocket motors duct-taped to the lightest lego car frame I could make Sorry, no pics...those were the days before digital cameras existed and I didn't think to video tape it
Peugot Bullet 49MHz
Skyline GT-R Bullet 40 MHz
WRC Impreza Nikko iRacer
Subaru Impreza and Toyota Bb Bodies