TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 07-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Jazz32

Thumbs up Day's goodies and Cheap Foam Tires

I went to the local hobbytown today and found some goodies.

There are these things called 4wd Mini Racers that are smaller cars that basically have batteries, a motor, and an on switch. They have bumpers around them so they can run into walls and keep going. Yeah, yeah, I don't get it either, but here's the sweet part.

There were a ton of tire kits with foam tires for half off. Here in the picture, you can see the different kits. The orang set was 2 bucks and fit right on the foam tire kit rims for the xmods. Two of the tires are wider than fit stock, but nothing some trimming can't fix.

The green and orange sets have some really wide tires. The rear tires could easily be cut in half to make two tires out of one. In the picture you see one of the tires around the xmod foam rims, fits perfectly. Each tire pack comes with double sided tape to attach the tires as well. Those sets were $4 each. The rims look like they could be pretty easily adaptable in a snap on snap off type fasion. This would allow me to run some really wide rims.

You'll also notitce the gold rims, these were $3 model tires. The tires have really good grip on them, but they'll be more difficult to adapt to the xmods.

The blue rims come with a shaft and lock nuts that work on xmods. They'll need a bigger hole to be adapted to xmods, but stock tires do still stretch around them as one has a tire on it in the picture (though not as wide as they should be).

You'll also find com drops and a 180 motor from the $4 toothbrush at walmart. That's still one of the best motors.

You'll also see two black Dean's plugs in the middle of the picture. They were $1.55 a pair.

There's also that set of weights in the top right... it was $1.20 and I was planning to use it on some crawler ZZMT's. They have screw holes in the middle of each one to mount them.

Not a bad day's shopping. I was already wearing down my xmod set of foam tires. These seem a little thicker and should last quite a while. The orange ones are really soft and should have some really good grip. I might have to go back and buy some more.

And for anyone readin all the way through this, They also had a Mini-Z that has been there for like 3 years. It's marked at $70, but the guy said he could sell it for $50. I'm really considering it.... perhaps I could walk in there and say $45 and see what happens. What do you all think?
Old 07-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Jazz32

Bah, didn't attach the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg days goodies.jpg (327.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 07-16-2006, 05:40 AM
(insert something funny)

Location: Toronto, Ontario in an igloo to all those americans lol
how'd you get the gold rims itself did you paint them? i was looking for a coloured rim set but i just painted mine but those gold ones look nice

lol haggle the mini-z if its been there for three years i dont think the owner really cares about it THAT much

Last edited by bengali548; 07-16-2006 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:29 PM
I process, therefore I am

Looks like you made out like a bandit there. Yeah, I'd definately haggle abit on the Mini Z.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Jazz32

They actually had an overland too.... I'm thinking I might go in tomorrow and tell them $100 for both and the remaining accesories they have.

The gold rims are gold. They came that way. They're model tires not xmod rims. I'm not sure if I can get them to work but i'm going to try.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Jazz32

haha.... i just tried the plasma dash motor. I drove two circles on my driveway, picked up my car, and I think the FETs were about to melt off (double stack 7389).

That thing would be damn quick on my lipo car, but i'd need an off board turbo with some good heat sinks to handle it.

I also have a power dash motor. IT was 1/3 the cost. I think it said 2.4V and 19000rpm on the back. That thing ran pretty good on my lipo car. I put it in my mini-z and drove it around for a while. It was a little bit faster than a stage 2 RS.

After about 8 minutes though the car went dead. It still responded to turning but no forward or backwards. I brought it inside and while taking the body off I heard something rattle inside. One of the FETs melted off.... on 4 cells with the power dash!!! I was not impressed with my new mini-z. Fets are replaced and will probably be double stacked today.

Also, you can find the plasma dash for the cheapest i've seen here: http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tam/tam15186.htm along with other tomiya cheaper motors.