TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 06-21-2006, 06:48 PM
TinyRC Pro

Drifting

Here is some videos of my Murcielago drifting. I was there alone therefore nobody took the camera so the image and res might not be so good.

http://iphong.com/upload/lambo_drift2.mp4
http://iphong.com/upload/lambo_drift.mp4

Next time I will post on real track drifting. It will look more realistic and more professional. I love drifting eventhough I've never drifted in real life (I would love to but my car doesn't drift), enjoy :P
Old 06-21-2006, 06:55 PM
TinyRC Pro

This is the car I used to drift. It took me a week (actually only 3 nights, because I am working and schooling too) to tune it to drift the way I want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0002.jpg (28.5 KB, 176 views)
Old 06-21-2006, 06:56 PM
TinyRC Pro

Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0019.jpg (37.5 KB, 160 views)
Old 06-25-2006, 07:38 PM

so ive just reciently fixed my range issues so now i can get up to speed, and i also have the hard platstic drift tires.
but when eer i get into a slide it wont stay in it, even with a counter steer.
what can i do to help.
i dont kno whow to lock the differential either and the tutorials dont tell deep enough how to do that.
what do i need to learn?
Old 06-25-2006, 10:56 PM
TinyRC Pro

http://iphong.com/upload/drifting.mov

Here is another drifting video.

First U need AWD ... this is a must for Xmods, I've never succeed drifting with AWD, and FWD never drifts. Then U need a smooth surface with no bump in order for the car to slide. Locking diff is not a must but you should, the car will handle better. What I did was I used super glue, with this method, It will not be unlockable (You need a to purchase a new diff in case), but I didn't regret, it improved performance.
Drifting... Ok, it takes a lots of practice. Don't let the car goes too fast, you will easily lose control. In real life drifting, a professional drifters never approach turns and drift at high speed, so do you? That's the reason why you always lose control and the car spins even you do immediate counter steering. Let it goes slow first then when you want to drift, pull the trigger, the car will drift. when the car starts to drift,release the trigger halfway (don't release completely, the car will stops) counter steer then pull the trigger again. This way, you will be able to control the car.

People always say, more torque = easier drifting. For me, I don't think so, 8T Pinion and 23T Spur has too much torque, it accelerates too quick = easier to lose control. What I did was I used 11T pinion instead, I found this very useful and easier to control.

Enjoy!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by iphong
http://iphong.com/upload/drifting.mov

Here is another drifting video.

First U need AWD ... this is a must for Xmods, I've never succeed drifting with AWD, and FWD never drifts. Then U need a smooth surface with no bump in order for the car to slide. Locking diff is not a must but you should, the car will handle better. What I did was I used super glue, with this method, It will not be unlockable (You need a to purchase a new diff in case), but I didn't regret, it improved performance.
Drifting... Ok, it takes a lots of practice. Don't let the car goes too fast, you will easily lose control. In real life drifting, a professional drifters never approach turns and drift at high speed, so do you? That's the reason why you always lose control and the car spins even you do immediate counter steering. Let it goes slow first then when you want to drift, pull the trigger, the car will drift. when the car starts to drift,release the trigger halfway (don't release completely, the car will stops) counter steer then pull the trigger again. This way, you will be able to control the car.

People always say, more torque = easier drifting. For me, I don't think so, 8T Pinion and 23T Spur has too much torque, it accelerates too quick = easier to lose control. What I did was I used 11T pinion instead, I found this very useful and easier to control.

Enjoy!

alright so ill get an AWD kit soon and try that.
right now i have a skyline with stock motor and drift tires.
what part do i glue to lock the differential?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:54 PM
TinyRC Pro

You are using Gen 1 Xmods. Ok, you need to take the differential gear off. Open three screws on the flat side, open the cover, you will see three baby gears inside (Sorry I don't know how to call it). Apply glue on those gears then immediately put the cover back in place. While the glue is still hot, try to put the joint shaft (http://www.atomicmods.com/ProductInf...roductid=10081) into the center hole to ensure it fits. Sometime when you open up the gear, the center plate slidely changes position, you may not notice it but it results seriously that you can't put the joint shaft back in. Ok, that's how it can be done. People used to stuff tissue paper (in the baby gear position) instead of glueing. I've never tried this, but you should try this before glueing it. :P Post results after you done. Enjoy!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by iphong
You are using Gen 1 Xmods. Ok, you need to take the differential gear off. Open three screws on the flat side, open the cover, you will see three baby gears inside (Sorry I don't know how to call it). Apply glue on those gears then immediately put the cover back in place. While the glue is still hot, try to put the joint shaft (http://www.atomicmods.com/ProductInf...roductid=10081) into the center hole to ensure it fits. Sometime when you open up the gear, the center plate slidely changes position, you may not notice it but it results seriously that you can't put the joint shaft back in. Ok, that's how it can be done. People used to stuff tissue paper (in the baby gear position) instead of glueing. I've never tried this, but you should try this before glueing it. :P Post results after you done. Enjoy!
well the rusults wont be that good for drifting haha, i can some tise get them now without any tuning, so who knows.
but ill post pictures.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:47 PM

well i bought a few up grades today:

AWD upgrade
Wheel upgrade
Metal Berings

here was the step by step(kinda) of the installation.

AWD upgrade

dampers removed as well as wheels.

front assembly removed

new one installed with berrings.

rear assembly removed

new one installed with berrings

brakes installed with berrings again and new wheels.

dampers back with AWD/berrings and new wheels

1 1/2 hours of work and....

THE CURRENT NISSAN SKYLINE

what next?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:54 AM

what differential to glue? do i have to add 1 or 2 cell ? thanks
Old 12-15-2006, 07:06 PM

I can sort of drift with my FWD FTO, but it's a different type of drifting: momentum drifting. I just turn tight at mid-high speed, and the car's weight just throws the back out. On the other hand, my V35 Skyline (G35) has AWD and it drifts great with powersliding techniques. I just need to practice.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to anticasper86
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphong View Post
This is the car I used to drift. It took me a week (actually only 3 nights, because I am working and schooling too) to tune it to drift the way I want.
did you get that body kit from your local hs? custom?

SCION
4WD
yellow suspension front axle
blue suspension rear axle
drift tires
decals kit
stage 2 motor 9-25
reachargable rs batteries
NSX
rs rechargables
stage two white
body kit