TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 03-24-2004, 07:15 PM
TinyRC Pro

How to make tracks?

How do you make a track? How big should it be? I know they sell tracks, like the zip zap and microsizers tracks but im talking about home made ones or like multiple track sets put together...
Old 03-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Where's the Beer?

Send a message via AIM to PWalk
As a rule of thumb whenever I start to design a track the first thing I do is decide where I'll be setting it up at. This will give ya an idea of the materials you'll be using as well as how much of it you'll be using.

Is it going to be portable? Well them you should think about how much it weighs. Plywood starts to weigh alot after having to lug it around everywhere so I'd suggest thin fiberboard or even better peg board as a base and go from there.

The track it self should be at lest 3-4 cars wide at all points. When I design one now I make 6" a standard for road width. This way theres plenty of room to pass competitors. Also if your going to be putting inclines (hills) into your track do it at a gradual upward angle. That way the cars can climb with a reasonable rate with out killing the battery.

Hope that helps start ya off, I could go on for awhile on this.

If you have anymore questions let us hear them.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:39 PM
TinyRC Pro

Thanks! It's going to be a 3' x 3' surface, not portable..but don't want that much construction, some hills, easy turns, maybe even a bridge?
Old 03-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Terrible purpose

Send a message via ICQ to PauloBecker
You might wanna check out the Tracks section of TinyRC here: http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/forumdi...?s=&forumid=69

Ignore this message if you've already seen it

Police officer: "Have you any idea how FAST you were going back there?"
Werner Heisenberg: "Nope, but I knew EXACTLY where I was!"
Old 03-25-2004, 05:59 PM
TinyRC Pro

Shows how much I pay attention, didn't even notice this, woooo, damn am I stoopid..