TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-22-2010, 09:44 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Kyosho dNaNo USB Compact Charger

USB COMPACT CHARGER
(for dNaNo Li-ion)
No.32007

has anyone used this yet? they should have hit the shelves here in december.

what is the charge time with this compared to the stock charger?
Old 01-22-2010, 10:14 AM

I'm in the process of following up with Kyosho USA to see if they are carrying this. As per the dealer system, it does not show up, however some parts are not in that system and you need to contact them directly, which is what I did. I'm thinking this is one of those items that you'll have to get from Asia or Europe.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:37 PM

Talked to my rep at Kyosho USA today and they expect to carry this in the next couple of months. Will advise when available state-side.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:01 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
Thumbs up

we use one in the shop as a 'fill to 100% backup' charger and we've got both AC/USB and USB only in stock. charge time is about the same but is beneficial cuz rather than waiting until your battery is @ less than 50%, it'll start charging after dropping just under 80%

btw, there are different plugs for different regions available but the one that came is the one used in the USA. i asked about the availability of others but... they'll probably only make them available in their specific regions.

a better alternative to this is the X-Power Portable Charger which starts charge @ just under 90% capacity. you charge the 'power station' and take it with you to the track assuming there isn't an AC outlet availble. you can charge stock batteries up to 10 cycles and their 200mAh battery up to 7 cycles.

Last edited by MrNanoTrax; 01-22-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: adding necessary info ;)
Old 01-23-2010, 09:17 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
this is the portable battery charger from X-Power. need a portable power source for charging your battery when you’re at the track? charge this station up and it can be used to charge your 130mAh dNaNo battery for up to 10 cycles (200mAh, 7 cycles). it has an AC adapter that uses 1 of 2 ports (UBC/Firewire) available to charge it. for use with all available dNaNo Li-Po & Li-Ion batteries.
Qon, now this looks like one of those indispensible products i was talking about. i will place this on my list of necessary purchases.

sinsiter, i too have often found that the customer in the u.s. often knows more about the parts than either HTU or kyosho usa. i once called and gave them a part number for something that had already been sold in the u.s. and neither the shop owner or kyosho (he called) knew what it was. thats just the system we have to deal with unfortunately. thank you for checking with kyo usa. i atleast can provide other racers with info they need instead of the blank stair the shop people provide. i wonder why it's taking so long to get here? Qon has had them for some time now.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:15 PM

Update

FYI, the charger is now in the Kyosho America system, but no stock. This means it hasn't arrived yet.

I put some on backorder for my shop.