TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-08-2009, 04:44 PM

Can some one tell me what size F/R rims I should buy for the McLaren F1 GTR. Thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimochi View Post
Can some one tell me what size F/R rims I should buy for the McLaren F1 GTR. Thanks
check the specs for all cars in the dNaNo Optional Parts & Technical Data file (Section 7, Page 6). the McLaren F1 GTR is 18F/19R. our most recent NanoTrax member picked that one up.... have you got yours yet?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStream View Post
Hi,

I guess the 18 / 19 / 20 are the wheel sizes? I found a size of 16mm in the specs of my Porsche 911 GT3, is this correct? Will the 18 wheels fit?

the Porsche 911 GT3 uses 18F/19R just like the McLaren F1 GTR
Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoTrax View Post
check the specs for all cars in the dNaNo Optional Parts & Technical Data file (Section 7, Page 6). the McLaren F1 GTR is 18F/19R. our most recent NanoTrax member picked that one up.... have you got yours yet?

Thanks for your help NANO!!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:17 AM

Talking

i threw some 20's on the Z, baby! BLING BLING!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009-12-09 22-00-10_0006.JPG (80.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2009-12-09 22-00-27_0007.JPG (64.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 12-09-2009, 03:22 PM

How well do they take abuse?Have you noticed any tucking or rolling under of the wheel or spoke warpage?We have several people running the Alumatech wheels and the performance has been good so far. Ilike the PN's but they look like they may be more fragile than the others due to the thin spokes.What are they priced at?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:42 AM

all 3 styles w/pricing are in the optional parts section.... they are light but unless you plan on stepping on them, i don't see them being any less durable than the plastic ones i think they look great and they 'feel' better on my 350z.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:23 AM

I'm having issues on rcp track with one of the rears

my right rear I think loosens up every time I put it on the rcp track. Even after I tighten it up real tight with the larger of the two screw driver sizes in the official Dnano screw driver set. I'm using the aluminum hubs also. I guess it happens every time the car hits the side foam at full speed. I wish they put 2 pins like the stock wheels instead of 1. I also wish Dnano made a hex driver for those wheel screws. I might try some lock tight or crazy glue, Im just afraid of stripping the screw. They hide very nice on the mazda 787b though.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i always use some removeable lock tite, i think it's the purple tube, after loosing a couple wheel screws even with the plastic wheels. with each car, i bought a full set of screws as i knew i would be loosing these frequently. it was a wise decision.
i prefer hex head screws myself but do they make them this tiny? i've had tiny hex head set screws and the driver strips easily when this tiny so i'm not sure it would be worthwhile.

i too am very worried about stripping the plastic hubs so i am very careful when tightening the screws.

yes, you can find the tool sizes on some websites under the product description. it may even be in the documentation for accessories, options, etc.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:14 PM

the perfect driver tool would be shallow and maybe have a magnet inside to hold the screw strait. you can even go all out and add a led light to it.
sounds like an opportunity for someone.