TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS Parts and Hop-Ups

Old 11-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Micro R/C'er in Da Burgh

Send a message via AIM to baleisen
I got a lot of alloy parts from Atomicmods. The needed to be redrilled because they were anodised after drilling. They didn't fit together at all. THe steering nuckles fit well with the tierod. They dont work with the A arms. After drilling, the entire rear end works fine. I had to devide the front into 2 cars. One got the frames and 'A' arms, the other got the steering nuckles and tie bar.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:26 PM
TinyRC Pro

So how do we place an order? I want to order some alloy parts!
Old 12-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Obsessive Modder

I've got all the GPM silver parts available for my car (see mine in the gallery). The only part they don't seem to make are the front dogbone shaft for AWD, as those are hinged. Also, the GPM parts seem to be made for FWD cars, as the axle holder has a ring that is too thick, keeping the metal tie rod from sliding under. Additionally, the tie rod teeth that grab the steering horn rub against the diff. This could be because I have a custom chassis, but I had to dremel down the axle holder and all my tie rods. Runs like a champ now, although the weight goes up about 20% when you add in all the GPM parts.
One thing that sucks, though, is that I've lost two of the mounting screws and slightly damaged my front susp. arm. The front arm is sold out everywhere, and I can't find thosemounting screws anywhere (they are *slightly* smaller than 2-56), so I'm probably going to have to order a gear tower just for the screws.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:07 AM

i want the a arms in silver and the knuckls and the dogbone shafts in red. off the topic radio shack should make a better servo and a different controller and digital perpostion stearing i think i spelt that right it should come in a kit so we don't have to buy another car they put better stearing in the zip zaps thats what this car needs and they should make a new back pod with the motor side ways like the mini z so we could take them because every time i do something to my xmod my friend does something to his mini z so its alost battle
Old 12-24-2004, 12:29 AM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
Quote:
Originally posted by xxxmod
i want the a arms in silver and the knuckls and the dogbone shafts in red. off the topic radio shack should make a better servo and a different controller and digital perpostion stearing i think i spelt that right it should come in a kit so we don't have to buy another car they put better stearing in the zip zaps thats what this car needs and they should make a new back pod with the motor side ways like the mini z so we could take them because every time i do something to my xmod my friend does something to his mini z so its alost battle
The steering is fine, once you do the resistor mod. And what difference would it make if the motor was on the rear axle or on the driveshaft?

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:42 AM

the reason the xmod will never beat the mini z is the xmod has three gears when the mini z has 2 i have my xmod hooked the only thing i have to do is put my tight turnz in and the mini z kicks my a!@ every time i put lithum in my friend does to his z and guss what he wins just like the big rc those street cars with the pinon and the gear on the rim will on any other car

Last edited by Zero-Man; 01-03-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:02 AM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
The number of gears has nothing to do with it. My dragster mustang regularly beats one of my friend's mini-z dragsters. It's all in how you set it up.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:14 AM

sorry guy its not logic if you took both cars and did the same thing to both of them the mini z will beat it i wish this wasn't so cause i like how the xmod looks and how its set up but radio shack could have done a better job plus the xmod is heavier the only way i do take the miniz is on a tight track cause i have 4 wheel drive
Old 12-24-2004, 08:46 AM
It's Really Fast!

Quote:
sorry guy its not logic if you took both cars and did the same thing to both of them the mini z will beat it i wish this wasn't so cause i like how the xmod looks and how its set up but radio shack could have done a better job plus the xmod is heavier the only way i do take the miniz is on a tight track cause i have 4 wheel drive
It has nothing to do with gears, and you are totally wrong. The reason a Z is faster is a combination of it being lighter and possibly having more efficent electronics, but mainly severe lightness.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:43 AM

i don't know but i bet if you put a z back on a xmod it will be faster how can u say it's wrong more gears more power the motor needs so if you put the same motors in both cars the z is going to be more eficent and faster plus im sorry it's more like 4 gears xmod has so the xmod is turning 2 extra gears when the mini z is pinon to gear thats it
Old 12-24-2004, 01:18 PM
It's Really Fast!

Quote:
i don't know but i bet if you put a z back on a xmod it will be faster how can u say it's wrong more gears more power the motor needs so if you put the same motors in both cars the z is going to be more eficent and faster plus im sorry it's more like 4 gears xmod has so the xmod is turning 2 extra gears when the mini z is pinon to gear thats it
More gears mean jack. When the ratio changes, it means something. If I put a gear big enough to make a 1:1 ratio on a Z, and did the same thing so that the wheel to motor on an xmod (bevel to diff is 9:20), the Z would still win. The number of gears does not matter, but the gear ratio does.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:33 PM

all you guys are going to make me waste money and buy a mini z and put the azz on a xmod just to show how it will stay with the mini z with the same motor come on guys 2 gears then 4 do the math this car will never beat the mini z all my hooks in my car my friend turns around puts the same motor and he takes me not by alot but he still wins even if i took out the 4wd i still loose xmod has bulky gears the miniz has a pinon directly on a gear hooked up to the rim. so every time that motor spins the the xmod its turning 3 gears not 1
Old 12-24-2004, 01:39 PM

sorry to say you are all wrong its how the world is please prove me wrong you can't i don't want to be a bad guy here but it can't be done the mini z is always going to have a jump on it like buying a vette fast is hell never beat a lambo even if you turbo it rebuilt the motor the guy with the lambo does the same guss what the vette looses radio shack will have to make the car over to be better then mini z and i hope they do cause i hate those little z
Old 12-24-2004, 04:59 PM
It's Really Fast!

Gear ratios make a difference, not number of gears for the last time. Where are you in Jersey, so I can beat it into you.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:36 PM

ha ha that would never happen.how about this i'll get my friends mini z the thing it has is stacked fets and a turbo motor you get a xmod with the same stufff and the mini z will take it and the mini z is like 5 years old it's not even the new version cause my x mod is hooked and the mini z still takes me so like i said im right and your wrong merry x mas