TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-26-2004, 09:50 PM
TinyRC Pro

shaweet.! lol.

Man i am gunna do jshwaa's regulator mod, but i dont know what batterys to use to get to 14.4 volts... hmmm any suggestions?
Old 01-27-2004, 12:56 AM
Happiness is a warm gun..

Send a message via AIM to spitty12
I tested my IC3's at full charge and got 3.11 amps on a single cell which seems more reasonable then 9A, how sure are you that your testing equipment is accurate?

I'm using a digi multi meter I built(mostly soldered) from a kit.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:43 AM
0reZepyT

Quote:
Originally posted by spitty12
I tested my IC3's at full charge and got 3.11 amps on a single cell which seems more reasonable then 9A, how sure are you that your testing equipment is accurate?

I'm using a digi multi meter I built(mostly soldered) from a kit.
well there you go, yours is a kit and his is a fluke unit (i think)
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally posted by TypeZer0
well there you go, yours is a kit and his is a fluke unit (i think)
It's actually one of the ~$100 Radio Shack units, but I was told that Fluke makes them.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:52 PM
I Shall Return!

Send a message via AIM to xxspeednplayaxx
scatmanjohn01 : you could wire up 4X 3.6V lipoly, thats what i plan to do... allelectronics.com is your source

day 1 of finals is over!, 2 more to go
Old 01-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Happiness is a warm gun..

Send a message via AIM to spitty12
Thanks, l'll have to disregard the ammeter readings then. Everything else has been accurate so far so I assumed all the functions were swell.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:31 PM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by xxspeednplayaxx
scatmanjohn01 : you could wire up 4X 3.6V lipoly, thats what i plan to do... allelectronics.com is your source

day 1 of finals is over!, 2 more to go
ok i was thinking that, but i would need to custom build a charger for them..
Old 01-27-2004, 02:48 PM
I Shall Return!

no no, at all electronis they sell the 7.2 1200mah lipoly for $6.50 (youd need 2) and then they sell the corresponding charger for $4.50 (again 2) comes out to 22 bux, and with tax ans shipping no more than 30..
Old 01-27-2004, 03:20 PM
I really should change my title...

Quote:
no no, at all electronis they sell the 7.2 1200mah lipoly for $6.50 (youd need 2) and then they sell the corresponding charger for $4.50 (again 2) comes out to 22 bux, and with tax ans shipping no more than 30..
Actually 2 7.2 volt batteries will toast your car, butter side up!

One will do, and with the amperage, that SHOULD be plenty!

Chuckster...
Old 01-27-2004, 04:03 PM
I Shall Return!

not with a handly dandly regulator installed, it will allow for 5v to go to the chip, and the full 14.4 volts to the fets and motor
Old 01-27-2004, 05:51 PM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:

yah i know that man, but if you buy those battery packs, your going to have to hook them up in serioes, and gunna have to mod your charger to charge those batts. Thecharger isnt made to charge 4 batterys, only 2, and even charging only two it cant charge 14.4 volts, it can only charge 7.2 volts..

So your'e going to have to mod the charger, or make yuour own.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:12 PM
I Shall Return!

ill prolly wire it up so the i can use a quick connect to separate the batt packs, but any way i wanna keep the batts on the car and use a wire to charge, like the tyco r/cs hmm i have 2 ideticle r/c chargers that plug into the wall, would they work,

p.s. while im posting, dear neuro, i ordered the ir/il fets from some site and they should be in soon, im also gunna get a regulator from my r.s. (for future mods ) in your opinion what would be the best motor to throw in the get the most out of your fet mod? not to be picky but im only interested in 180-260 size motors, also how do you double twist? sounds interesting given your current draw tests.

heres a blunt motor winding question, i know that to wind a 30 turn motor you loop the wire around each individual arm 30 times, then move to the next arm...what if you did one loop on each arm, and go around the motor 30 times?? what would the result be like? im willing to try this as soon as i finish with these darn finals
Old 01-28-2004, 12:34 PM
keeperman13

alright, nice job. now i have a question for ya guys, where can i possibly buy these fets to do the same mod for myself.
I am very experienced with theiron and am pretty damn good at it. i would preferabley like to get the 4562 fets everyone is talking about, if theres anything better that i can get in its place that would be good too.

thanks guys.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
in your opinion what would be the best motor to throw in the get the most out of your fet mod? not to be picky but im only interested in 180-260 size motors, also how do you double twist? sounds interesting given your current draw tests.

heres a blunt motor winding question, i know that to wind a 30 turn motor you loop the wire around each individual arm 30 times, then move to the next arm...what if you did one loop on each arm, and go around the motor 30 times?? what would the result be like? im willing to try this as soon as i finish with these darn finals
Best motor I've used so far is the 30 turn of 26Ga in a 180 can. But I have just started playing with the 260 motors, so stay tuned. For double winding, the best way is to use two spools of the same wire, and just wind two strands at a time around the poles.

To answer your second question, short answer: no, that would not work.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:08 PM
I Shall Return!

neuro : thnx a bunch ill make sure to go down to r.s. to pick up some tinner, a regulator and the 28G like you said...

i also plan on making a stop at my local lhs, to pick up a team orion motor, as well as a 260 size motor (seeing as i broke the brushes on my current big bad motor while reinstalling the new 16turn armature) my only question would be : what is a good "hot" motor that i can stuff in, ill surely be looking for silver brushes and neo mags, but dose anyone have any sugestions? theirs a smart kid who works at my lhs but its usually his dim witted sister whos running the show (quite frankly i dont trust her opinion lol)

Last edited by xxspeednplayaxx; 01-28-2004 at 05:33 PM.