TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-01-2010, 05:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Faded92mx5
RCP track now set up at new store!

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and let you know that we're finally moved into the new store and at full swing. Our grand opening was today and its been pretty busy.

Aside from the normal confusion that comes along with that we had Pedro, Mike Morse, Wade, and a few other Mini-Z racers stop by and demo some of their Z-cars. Mike was kind enough to let us borrow some of his RCP track (Thanks for making the layout, Pedro!).

We plan to hold our inaugural Mini-Z race tomorrow (Sunday), and this Tuesday we will race our dNanos on this track as well. Mike said we could use his track for a couple weeks, and we look forward to purchasing our own RCP pieces for a layout and continue to support the track and Mini-Z racing.

So, stop in and run on the track and check out the new store. The track should be available for use during all store hours (a bit of a switch from our dNano track) Our new address is:

168 W. Norman Station Blvd (Across from Wal-Mart, next to Cici's pizza)
Mooresville, NC 28117
(704) 799-9332
Mon-Sat 10:00am--8:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm--6:00pm
Old 05-01-2010, 06:40 PM

Talking

Mark. I'm gonna need a gyro now.How soon till you get some?
Old 05-01-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrojunkie View Post
Mark. I'm gonna need a gyro now.How soon till you get some?
We're all out of Mini Z's and need some parts, so we should place an order to get in ASAP.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:13 AM

Come out and join the fun today! Wade and I set it up and tried to make the best use of the space available. It is a quick track that is best driven smoothly. We had a lot of interest yesterday and HT sold out of their "limited" stock of MiniZs. We will hold some demo heats and races today, if you have a car - join the fun! If you don't we have some loaners available to try.
HobbyTown, and the racers from High Speed Hobbies, hope to build another home for MiniZ racing in the Charlotte area. The HobbyTown store is in a great area with lots of traffic and an interest in racing, there is an indoor kart track and a slot car track nearby. There is also a large concentration of NASCAR shops. We think that once we expose people to this affordable class of indoor RC road racing, they will want to join in the fun! The track is also suited for dNaNos and I agree this layout probably would be good with a gyro. I will have my dNaNo out today.
Come on out ...
Old 05-02-2010, 07:50 PM

I would like to thank everyone that came out today and showed support for our Mini-Z endeavor. You all did a great job talking to customers and answering many questions. I'm psyched to get this up and running at full swing.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 AM

When is the next Mini Z event? I have been racing with my kids for a couple of years, so it will be nice to race with new blood.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:28 AM

The High Speed group enjoyed meeting and talking to potential new racers and hope we can help set up a racing program at the HT store. There seemed to be a lot of interest and the area is really into racing. I look forward to racing there soon. The track is open for practice everyday I believe... Mark?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:33 AM

Yes, everyone is welcome to come play on the track during all store hours. If you have an IC tag mounted on your car, we'll be glad to scan it into our race software and set you up to get some timed practice laps as well.

As far as another event, well thats up to Pedro and the High Speed gang. You're welcome to have an event on a weekday evening or anytime on the weekend. I'd like to setup some actual heat races and have a crack at a genuine structured event. Does pretty much everyone have tags for their cars?
Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
mleemor60

It was good fun. I enjoy chatting with potential racers. It won't be long before we get a program up and running. Better to take a little time and get it right.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:01 PM

I finally got to run on the track this evening.I like the RCP and my set up seemed to be pretty good considering it was my first time driving the car in a month or better.It was also the first time with the new TX got a Helios EX10.Looks like we are going to switch to Mini-Z's though interest in the dNano is almost gone here.I know it is a seasonal type thing; but isn't Mini-Z racing considered an indoor class also? There is alot more interest in the Mini-z than dNano at this time.