TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-25-2010, 09:06 PM

RCP Questions for John

Hey John,

I've heard nice things about you on rccrawler.com I've been in and out of RC for many years and this is the most hardcore serious I've been in well, forever. I got hooked on the Micro-Crawler over Christmas in Denver when visiting their local Hobby Town. It has since consumed my free time.

I then went to a HTUSA in San Antonio looking for parts (1-hr drive from Kyle TX) and they were racing these little Dnano's. Got interested and starting doing searches.

I actually found your link for modular rocks and were intrigued because I don't have the time or space to make a mess like some of those cool mountains. I'm using real rocks (way heavy of course to carry upstairs).

Now to the questions which are two fold. With the SA HTUSA an hour away, Dnano racing was not looking good. Found your site for cost competitive track and I have since spent more time on Dnano's while I wait for parts for my Crawler to come in.

I've since ordered a Mini-96 track and a couple of Dnano's. My track is due tomorrow. I really want the expansion but amnot sure if it will fit in my upstairs game room. I can find no total dimensions anywhere. It will be a close fit based on my estimate (I'm concerned with width 7'-9" to ???). From the pics, I'm guessing a little more than 11'?

I might be able to raise the straightaway to get a few inches if needed. I'll have room for the added length but would still like to know. This was the only thing that kept me from ordering the expansion in the first place.

I also want to run Mini-Z's which should be doable with the expansion from what I've read?

I would also like to know the status of the modular rocks for all scales of trucks, especially the Micro and Mini. From the crawling forum i know you are very busy and these projects have been around for a while.

I can't wait for the track!!! Only down side is my controller is not due in until Wednesday But I do I have some X-mods I dug out of storage ready to go as well as a Micro-T (hehehe)!

Let me know, thanks...I want to order the expansion asap if it will work. The only bummer is I could have received 5% off my order total if I had ordered both at the same time

thanks!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:50 AM

Hello T-Prime,

The tiles of the Mini-96 and expansion measure 12" x 12". You can use those dimensions to figure what and how much track will fit in your available space. Installing one expansion blank tile to a standard Mini-96 layout will increase the lane width to 30 1/4" from inside to inside rail.

Our modular rocks have been in stock for the past 8 months. We are very low on inventory on the rocks. If you can PM me your email address, I can send you pictures and more information on purchasing the modular rocks.

All RCP tracks and kits are in stock except the 30020 blank kit and jump kit. You can order all RCP products from this forums online store.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 AM

Thanks for suggstions

Thank you for providing help regarding RCP products from this forums online store.