TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Manufacturers > RCP Tracks

Old 10-30-2009, 11:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to amartinsbrz
RCP Tracks 20inch vs 12inch Tiles ???

Hi guys,

I'd like to buy a new RCP Track for my basement, winter is coming ;-) but what is your opnion on wihich model track to use ? I was thinking of getting the Mini-96[Part # 13096] w/ the expansion Kit[Part # 32436] track but for the same money i could get 2 Wide-L[Part #17440] Tracks ?

I'm open to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:28 AM

It really depends on the available space you have to layout a track. The Mini-96 kits use a 12" x 12" tile. If you have the space, running this kit with some expansions, will give you lane widths of 30 1/4". If you don't use expansions than you would end up with lane widths of 18 1/2".

The Wide L tracks use tiles measuring 20" x 20". With these kits you will get a lane width of 33" from inside to inside rail.

If you have the space, it would be better to use a combination of Wide L kits. If you have intermeadiate to advance driving skills, the Mini-96 would be good as you could lay out a much longer and chanllenging road course in a given area.

One other factor would be which scale of car do you most plan on using on your track? If you are primarily running dNaNo cars, than the Mini-96 kits would be great. If you plan on running both dNaNo, Mini-z and possibly 1/18 scale than the Wide L kits would be better.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try and help.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 10-31-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Thank you for your reply John. A RCP Mini-96 w/ a expansion set, could it be used for Mini-Z Racing or too it's tight and small ? I have a 5M x 4Meters area free on my basement.

Thanks again,
Old 11-01-2009, 09:05 PM

The Mini-96 with expansion would work great for the mini-z. This would give you a lane width of 30 1/4" from inside to inside barrier. Just remember if you want to make the complete mini-96 layout with 3 tiles for the lane width, you would need quantity (2) RCP 32436 expansion kits to complete the whole layout. You can purchase both the mini-96 (13096) and the expansion kits (32436) from the shop from this site. Everything is in stock and they can have it shipped to your home or business.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 PM

Since I'm in Canada, should I select these ones from the store ?
RCP Tracks Mini Tile 96 (Continental US Customers - Ships via FedEx Ground)
RCP Tracks Mini Tile 96 Expansion Kit (Continental US Customers - Ships via FedEx Ground)

Thanks again,