TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Manufacturers > RCP Tracks

Old 06-23-2009, 02:46 PM

RCP Rail Liner/Protector Installation Details, Pictures and Purchasing Info

Below are the steps for installing the rail protectors/liners. You can install the rail liners at any point on your track. Installing them on the inside turns will protect the foam rails from any damaged caused by RC car impacts. The liners will also help your car bank or slide off the turns and will not cause your car to stop abruptly and bounce back into traffic when impacting the rails. The rail liners are made from a very soft plastic, so they will not break or shatter from car impacts.

Each rail liner kit comes with a quantity of 6 pieces measuring 43 inches long. You can purchase rail liner kits at links below. They run $17.99 per kit ( 6 rail liners in each kit) from the Tinyrc/mini-zracer shop. They are in stock and ready to ship now.

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=283&page=1

OR

http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=283

Each kit of 6 rail liners are packaged like shown.

Remove the strap holding the bundle and fold the two perforated sections in a 90 degree fashion. I find it easy to bend each side a little then put it on the floor upside down and step on it running your foot up the length of the rail. This will bend the sides more than 90 degree’s than you can simple push them back to the ideal angle.

For installing on inside turns, cut with scissors a 10 inch to 11 inch section out of one side and the bottom of the liner as shown below. When installing on 90 degree turns, you will cut a smaller length out of the rail. You only need to cut away the material that meets up with the bend or turn part of the rail.

Slide one rail inside the liner and then the second rail as shown below.

Flip the rails over and mark a hole or slot on the liner where the PINS install. I like to cut a slot, so it gives you room to move or adjust the rail when you install them.

You can install the liner tight to the foam corner rails or leave a gap if you want a little spring or give to the liner at the center of the turn as shown below.

The liners can be installed on the straight rails by following the directions above, but without cutting the section of rail liner out. Flip the rails upside down to mark PIN locations to cut holes or slots.

The rail liners are designed with two perforated sides so that the liner will not come off from RC car impacts. The back side locks the liner into the rail for a secure attachment.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 06-23-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:35 PM

For those of you looking to spice up your track, you can make some custom banner cards and stick them in the space between the rail liner and the foam rails. Make them tall enough to extend past the top of the rail to display RC team name and manufacturers. I am sure arch2b will come up with some cool banner cards that you can download and print to use on your own track.

If your inside corner rails have been through a lot of abuse typically seen at hobby store and club tracks, than you can cover or paint the inside surface of the liner to hide any previous damage to the soft foam rail. If you don't want to use paint, you can cover the inside surface of the rail liner with tape or thin paper/cardboard. This will work to hide any dents or chunks previously taken out of the inside rail.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 06-23-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP-Tracks, Inc View Post
For those of you looking to spice up your track, you can make some custom banner cards and stick them in the space between the rail liner and the foam rails. Make them tall enough to extend past the top of the rail to display RC team name and manufacturers. I am sure arch2b will come up with some cool banner cards that you can download and print to use on your own track.....
HERE are the previous rail advertising banners i made some 4 years ago. they are in dire need of updating.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
HERE are the previous rail advertising banners i made some 4 years ago. they are in dire need of updating.
arch, your rail liners are arriving at your destination on Thursday of this week. Sorry for the delays. I believe we have the problems with our shipper worked out for future orders.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:34 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

excellent news. you always come through, so i never pushed the issue
Old 10-01-2009, 09:17 AM

May I ask what do these liners do for the track? And how do they effect the cars that hit them?
Old 10-01-2009, 10:16 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcro View Post
May I ask what do these liners do for the track? And how do they effect the cars that hit them?
try reading post #1
Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcro View Post
Depending on the angle of impact to the soft side rails, the cars sometime stop abruptly at the inside turn sections, bouncing off back into traffic. The rail liners help to prevent the cars from bouncing back, as when the cars hit them at varying angles, they tend to skid or slide off the rail, keeping the car going in a forward motion.

The liners also help protect the rails as they are very durable and will prevent the RC cars from denting, scraping or damaging the soft EVA foam that the rails are made of. The tracks that are used on a daily/weekly basis for racing or rental purposes, tend to receive damage over time to the small red inside corner rail and the straight rail that leads up to the turn. The rail liner will keep the two rails looking new for a very, very long time.

You can also add rail banners between the rail liners and foam rails to spice up your layout and make it look like real race tracks.

I need to put the information from this thread up on the RCP Tracks website. I will do that today.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 10-01-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:46 AM

It would be a cool option to have glow-in-the-dark liners for night-racing. As mentioned before, LED lamps lighting up the track would be an awesome option.
I noticed when racing on my previous RCP track, the cars would create black streaks on the railings. When I get my next RCP track, whenever that'll be, I'll be sure to get the liner's for it! Look's like it provides some customizing as well. Thank's for the info!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:49 AM

They do make glow in the dark spray. It would probably be cheaper in this case than making the actual rail material or liners out of it. You could spray it on the rail liners and possibly the finish line print. Not sure if it will stick to the EVA foam rails. I have some contacts in the business of glow in the dark products. I will send them an email and get some links to where you can buy on-line.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:53 PM
mleemor60

We have been using the rail liners for some time now with great success. Damage to the cars has been mimimized by keeping the wrecks moving down track with the flow of traffic. The only concerns we have encountered has been with the F-1 cars. They do not deflect as well and tend to suck into the rail on impact and hold there more firmly than without the rails. A T-bone hit is quite hard on front wings as well. The other concern comes from people stepping on the rails to avoid stepping on the track. This tends to fold the liners down toward the track surface causing some issues. We have really become accustomed to the product and are quite pleased with the performance overall. It is hard to imagine racing without them. I highly recommend this product for competition use.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:14 PM

When I walk on the track, I always take my shoes off, and I don't step on the rails. The rails are more fragile than the track itself. It's best to have people take off their shoes when they race. Or if you have track marshals, have them remove their shoes before stepping on tracks.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:52 AM

Could someone tell me what's the difference between RCP track and Kyosho track?
RCP seems harder, noisier and the seams seem to be very uneven.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassi View Post
Could someone tell me what's the difference between RCP track and Kyosho track?
RCP seems harder, noisier and the seams seem to be very uneven.
All the tracks are made from the same factory. There may be slight variations depending on when the track was made and due to the climate the track is being set up.

I'm curious, where and what track did you run on where you had both RCP and Kyosho tracks interconnected? It is usually very rare that we have a customer who is using track pieces from both the US and Japan.

RCP and Kyosho tracks are used at some of the largest Mini-z racing events around the world. You can view 100's of youtube videos from the races and from the videos you can see that the cars run smooth.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 10-11-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

there are slight variations in tile thickness which RCP has already explained is due to production run batches. these are simple to resolve with techniques RCP has already posted.

i do recall jpn market tracks have the tile pattern reversed as well, correct?

age of track, the extent to which it's been used and or abused, temperature, humidity levels and the flooring it's installed over can effect the perceived hardness, noise level and leveling of the track.