TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 AM

RCP Track New Piece Suggestions

Every year I look to design something new for our existing RCP hobby grade tracks. Last year we added the rail protection liners and I am looking to add something new for this year.

Previously we have designed and manufactured some new parts from ideas suggested by our users. If you have some suggestions on new pieces you would like to see, we would like to know.

Feel free to post hear or you can send me an email at tracksales@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,
John
Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 AM

What about the "dnano" track?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:50 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i'll hunt the mini-zracer post history as there were numerous suggestions, ideas posted there over the years you've actively sought consumer opinion/suggestion/improvement
Old 09-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profoxcg View Post
What about the "dnano" track?
We have not come up with a suitable surface that meets the needs of a seemless track design. The surfaces we have tested thus far do not lay flat and need to be laminated to a flat piece of wood or similar material in order to lay perfectly flat.

With that said, I think the current Mini-96 track kits and expansions are a good platform for the dNaNo. We have many customers who currently use this track for their home dNaNo tracks. There is the chance that some of the interlocking joints may create bumps for the smaller dNaNo car, but simply putting a thin piece of tape directly under the lower tile of the joint, helps to make the transition flat. I have shimmed a few tiles on my home tracks and the dNaNo performs outstanding on the surface.

The small tiles of the Mini-96 track allows customers to set up large road courses within small spaces of their house, garage or basement. Track layouts similar to slot car tracks can be created and you can layout the tracks with twists and turns around and under furniture if needed. With the tiles measuring just under 5/8", no additional supporting surface is needed as the track is thick enough to travel over varying height floors. You can transition from thin low pile carpet to wood floor and back with out issues. You can also layout the track over uneven concrete or brick out door surfaces.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 09-16-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 PM

This was posted over at mini-zracer.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor View Post
exactly that,it would force a slightly different line through the corner and make another interesting feature to a layout

We could do something like this. You could turn the rail over and use it either way. We could also do it in a different color, such as green.

This would be a good piece to have an RCP rail liner installed as the cars would hit the rail and slide off on angled impacts. It might be a piece that would receive a lot of impacts and the rail liner would help protect the rail as well.

John
Old 09-16-2009, 08:26 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i'm liking it

what about making a single piece that would replace the 2 inside turn pieces? essentially making a foam large inner turn bump out. this would mimic what you do with the rail liners for the mini-96 in particular.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i'm liking it

what about making a single piece that would replace the 2 inside turn pieces? essentially making a foam large inner turn bump out. this would mimic what you do with the rail liners for the mini-96 in particular.
I am thinking if we made them in halves, than you could use them on 90 degree turns and also double them up if you want to make a complete turn bump like you are describing.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:26 PM

thanks for the reply. So in short no more dnano track for the time being. No problem.

In regard to the new piece the only issue i see with have 2 to do what Arch2b wants is the possibility of the car oversteering and getting caught between the 2 pieces.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:00 PM

How about some snow-white and dirt-brown colored tiles for off road looking surfaces? Any chance of some sort of slippery surface to simulate icy roads? How about LED lighted railings for night time racing? Those are some of my ideas. Maybe some special turns or banked turns to create switchback's and proper hair-pin's?
Old 09-21-2009, 03:47 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

if you could get a led lighted rail made, i can't even begin to explain how awsome that would be! think of all the night simulations that could be run with that feature
Old 09-21-2009, 04:11 PM

How about a glowing start/finish line?
Maybe some racing sponsorship logo's printed on the side of the railings as well like on real race-tracks?
I imagine the LED's in either two ways. Lined up on the side of the rail's facing the track from both sides.
Or, LED "street-lamps" that could be screwed in place of the caps.
The start/finish line could have a glow-in-the dark or iluminicent plastic strip across it.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:40 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

yeah, glow in the dark start/finish line would be cool
Old 04-09-2010, 09:07 AM

How about cambered turns? Granted you will need thicker foam and cut them into wedges? That would be a great additon to any track! At least I think so.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsal View Post
How about cambered turns? Granted you will need thicker foam and cut them into wedges? That would be a great additon to any track! At least I think so.
We are already in the process of making 45 sections for the 30cm tracks. You could use them to make bank or cambered turns, by putting a support wedge or thin piece of hardboard under the tiles.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP-Tracks, Inc View Post
We are already in the process of making 45 sections for the 30cm tracks. You could use them to make bank or cambered turns, by putting a support wedge or thin piece of hardboard under the tiles.
How about a kit for elevation changes? Under/over, for hills and cambered turns etc. I mentioned this a while back on another form. If you, or someone made something like this, it would be a universal kit that could be used in the same way anywhere in the world. I think it was said that anyone could use anything to do this, which is true, but just like your tracks are used as a standard, a standard would be needed for elevation changes also to incorporate it for racing around the world.