TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 10-24-2002, 11:04 PM

Help Please

I was racing around my track with my epoch then I started to hear a sound as if it was spinning out, but then it started to stutter or stop on occasion like it was losing its charge, I had just charged it though. So I kept running it and it kept stopping, so I opened up the motor cover and looked at the motor, everything seemed fine. I took the motor out and held it up away from the gears and ran it to see what would happen, it went fine then it stopped just like it was earlier. I then thought the it was just the battery so I charged it again and this time the motor ran by itself like it should. Now when the motor meets any kind of resistance such as setting it down on the track to race the motor just spins and doesn't catch the gears, but when I lift the car up off the ground the tires and motor spin fine. Now I have no clue what to do, so any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:46 PM

I have two questions for you buddy:

How do you charge your car?

How old is your Epoch? ie how many charges would you say the batteries have on them?
Old 10-25-2002, 01:27 AM

I charge the car using the original charger and pressing the button twice because I have the 4 cell pack. The pack has about 10-15 charges on it.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:33 AM

Sorry,

I am really shooting in the dark here....................

Try draining the battery fully. Turn the car over and hold the trigger until the car stops. Then hold the trigger in ever so slightly until even then the wheels won't turn.

After that, give your baby a good charge (Put a new set of AA's in your charger).

Hope this works, keep me posted
Old 10-25-2002, 09:50 AM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Best way to test this is to use a standard battery pack, to verify that you've got a properly modded 4-pack.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:53 AM

Well the 4 pack was working fine for a few days, but I will try both ways of testing. I also forgot to mention that the blue wire came off of the motor yesterday and I resoldered it back on, the car was running fine for a few hours, after reconnecting the wire, before all this started to happen. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:29 PM

It may, inspect the connection of that blue wire.

I suppose last night I was in a slight daze, I didn't catch the fact that you had a 4cell. Tell me, did you, by chance, over heat any/all of the cells during installation?

Did you make your own 4cell pack or modd a 3cell pack? If you modded a 3 cell pack did you regulate the voltage of the pack?
Old 10-25-2002, 05:05 PM

I'm using the 4 cell pack from the tiny rc store. I don't believe I overeated it when I installed it, but I am gonna check the original 3 pack. That blue wire looks to be okay, like I said after i reconnected it the car ran fine for a while, but then started messin up.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:37 PM

Have you reconditioned the pack yer? Like I suggest in a previous post? Totall discharge and recharge.......using new AA's.

When you charge, do you just hit the button twice?
Old 10-25-2002, 07:43 PM

I just finished draining the pack and I am about to charge it again.I also wanted to add that I use the AC adapter with my charger, so there is no need for new batteries in that. I do press the button twice to charge it because thats what you suggested I do in a previous post.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:58 PM

Okay I completely drained the pack then recharged it. When holding the car off the ground everything works fine, motor spins very fast. When I set the car down on the track it barely went foreward, almost half speed as though the gears were only catching every once in a while. It went in reverse at full speed most of the time, but as soon I went foreward it only went along at half speed. I could hear the motor turning at full speed like it should, but the car jsut wasn't moving at the speed it should.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:19 PM

I GOT IT!!!

IT's your diff dude! Your gear differential is messed up.

I really don't know what to tell you about how to fix it, but that's what it is.

Good luck, keep me posted
Old 10-29-2002, 01:11 AM

defto,

I have not heard anything. What's the good word? Have you figured something out with that diff?

Another thought is to try and ask IRC, I believe he has taken his diff apart.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:49 PM

I have looked at it so many times, but I have yet to find something that looks like it might be wrong or out of place. The only thing I can see that might be wrong is the ?pinion? gear on the motor. Some of the teeth look slightly worn or bent.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:10 AM

So you were able to get the diff apart?