TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-30-2008, 11:29 PM

Question What spare part should I start with for a new micro t?

I have been reading about the Losi Micro T and over and over I have read the tie rods break quickly. I thought I'd go ahead and buy some spares now. I was hoping for someone to tell me what else I might need to have on hand. It is a Christmas present for an inexperienced driver - zero experience. If they break it quickly I am hoping I can fix it with the spare parts. I'm sure they will run the car into a wall quickly. Parts recommended? Where should I buy them? .

Thank you
Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you. I have a son a little younger and one older (and others). I look forward to the purchase from a local hobby store. I didn't see the baja. It was a little blue car and a green car for $79.00. I don't know if there is any real difference between the various 1/36 cars.

I've seen them on ebay for cheap but I kinda wanted the whole "new" feel to everything because it's Christmas. After that I'll load up on ebay. I've never owned a hobby rd though I've wanted one for a while. Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobia5 View Post
I too am new at this and wanted answers to the same question, so I will share my experience with you:

I am into the bigger 1/8th Losi LST2 (racing and bashing), I have three. My two daughters (ages 7 & 9) were interested, although the LST2 were to big and powerful for them, so I researched and came up with the 1/36 Losi Micro-T as the best option for them. Knowing that we can sometimes be disappointed with a RTR RC toy, I decided to buy a used one off of Ebay to find out how durable they were before I purchased two new ones for my daughters.

I picked up a stock Micro-T Baja (Ebay $50), which was in excellent condition. Upon receiving it and trying it out, I decided it was an excellent purchase. I loved it, it is a blast: fun, quick, and easy. All the kids on the block want one now.

Now to the part that we both wanted to know: how durable is it and what spare parts do we need to prevent down time? I am somewhat respectful to my toys, so I did not experience any problems, even with an occasional crash into fixed obstacles. I let my daughters, neighbors and friends try it and there were no problems. It did finally break when I let a three-year-old boy play with it, by running it full speed head-on into a concrete curb. It stopped operating after the third repeated impact. This impressed me as being very durable.

What broke? Nothing. The tiny rear dogbone axle had popped out of the differential cup.

I did find issues working on it trying to get the Micro-T fixed. The parts are tiny, I had to use a jewelers magnifying lamp to work on it. Yes, the parts are that small. The #1 pain point was the E clips that hold the wheels onto the axles. They are tiny, and disappear quickly with rocket speed. After working on it and reading the hop-up forums, I purchased the following spare parts:

LOSB1524 Losi screw set & E-clips $2.73
LOSB1525 Losi body clips $1.02
LOSB1502 Losi susp arms, spindles, hub&shock towers $3.07
INTT8483 Integy universal driveshaft w/threaded wheel nuts $6.81

Total $13.63 + shipping for what I consider preemptive mandatory parts with spares.

I did purchase some optional hop-up parts just for fun:

LOSB1575 Losi micro 22's tires for street $5.45 (for street handling & looks)
LOSB1604 Losi micro light set $8.18 (cool effect)
LOSB1520 Losi pinion gear set $2.73 (for faster speeds or added torque)
LOSB1528 Losi wheel bearing set $8.19 (smoother and slightly more speed)

I like to support my local hobby shop, although they did not have the parts I needed, so I ended up using RCSLOT.com
I did notice that there are alot of online retailers that carry the Micro-T parts, so you can shop around and compare products, price and shipping.

I am addicted; I have already ordered three of the Losi 1/36 micro Desert Trucks brand new from AMAINHOBBIES.com (one for me and each of my girls).

When shopping, please consider looking at the forum host shop.TINYRC.com before making a final buying decision. They are the host, so we should always give them first opportunity to earn our business or match prices.

This is my initial experience after one week with the Losi 1/36 Micro-T Baja and it has been great. Non-stop fun for everyone and spare parts are cheap.

I hope you find this helpful and enjoy your Losi micro.
Where did you get the tools to work on the e clips? What do I use?
Old 12-11-2008, 10:45 PM

well i think u should go on to www.amainhobbies.com/ or www.rchobbies.com.au
and thats were u can go buy all ur alloy bits the only thing i have broken so far is the motor so i did a brushless setup for my micro t and now with the new brushless motor it wheel stands with the biggest gear on it
Old 12-23-2008, 06:50 PM

i have the micro dt and i have had a blast with it. i have had it for about 6 months and just recently broke the first part, one shock, it fell off the counter between charges. that is the only part i'v broken and i run it like crazy, juping and drifting it , and i super glued it and i think it is as strong as ever, i hope my drive train will hold up to brushless when i get it