TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 03-20-2007, 10:42 PM

micro-t esc w/ xmod radio...and a few Q's

can i use the micro-t esc and receiver combo with my xmod controller, i know this sounds like a stupid question. but i want to be 100% that they work. i suppose it does, since the crystal is the only difference, but better be safe than sorry.
also, how proportional is the micro-t? is it a 3 step? is it jumpy? does it have finnesse or its just a floor it type of deal?
i wanted to use micro-t electronics in my ssmt to make it propo since iwaver boards are gone.
so, can anyone help me out with this?
thanks,

-Alpha
Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
While the crystals might be interchangeable...You can NOT use the Xmods controller!! The XMods is NOT a fully proportional vehicle, and hence the controller works only in the manner specific to the XMods.

The Micro-T, on the other hand IS a fully proportional vehicle! You can use ANY "normal" 27MHz Transmitter with it (other than the XMods transmitter, as stated).

If you have any Mini-Zs, the Perfex Tx will work. Or if you have any iWavers, that Tx would work too. Again, any 27MHz would work.

See, that wasn't a stupid question after all!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:03 PM

where to find?

@ namuna:
where can i find the radio, crystals, servo, and board?
at atomicmods, they don't carry the radio... and the board doesn't have the servo. what other radio and board can i use that won't cost be anything above $40??
also, do you think this is a good esc for an ssmt 1/24 crawler? as long as i can go slow and set up the trim im cool...
thanks,

-Alpha
Old 03-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Killer Hobbies has a good selection of Micro-T parts:
http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/t...parts/list.htm

...But, there just AIN'T no way you're going to get the Radio, crystals, servo and board for $40
Old 03-21-2007, 08:31 PM

should i go with this micro-t then?

what do you think i should do then?
stick to my original plan and dish out the extra money? i mean, i don't really need the servo right?
for $70...i am not so sure anymore, could i find propulse electronics for that price?
what else could i find for around $40-$50?
i don't want this project to top $100-$120 since it is what a a-tech mini monster would cost me....
do you think i could find some propulse electronics or something? i might buy a pair of those...one as a parts truck and the other to build, and take the esc/radio out of one....i don't know.
does anyone sell replacement parts for the propulse? how much would those cost?
thanks,

-Alpha
Old 11-14-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namuna View Post
While the crystals might be interchangeable...You can NOT use the Xmods controller!! The XMods is NOT a fully proportional vehicle, and hence the controller works only in the manner specific to the XMods.

The Micro-T, on the other hand IS a fully proportional vehicle! You can use ANY "normal" 27MHz Transmitter with it (other than the XMods transmitter, as stated).

If you have any Mini-Zs, the Perfex Tx will work. Or if you have any iWavers, that Tx would work too. Again, any 27MHz would work.

See, that wasn't a stupid question after all!
I can confirm the the xmod crystals work with the micro t receiver and radio.