TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 AM
I process, therefore I am

Quote:
I was just saying, that I dont feel they got the Propro on the SE's dialed in.
I agree. The jitter problem is one they should have cleared out of all cars, not just some. Obviously, if you can get many cars right and some not so right, the problem is in manufacturing. Specifically, quality control. Bad cars are just allowed through the supply pipeline. Bad buisness all around.
Quote:
make the Propro a little less wide...3 steps each way is plenty for this scale.
There's alot of truth to this. I mean, a milimeter in any direction is alot of tire movement at this scale. But, I would like to see true propo at this scale anyways. It would give the cars much more range and abilities. Not to mention the quality would be much better for technical courses.
I'd like to see removable crystals as well. I don't see why someone hasn't come up with a much smaller crystal in this age of miniturization. Maybe if there where more micro proportional vehicles, a market would be available for companies to shrink the crystals. Heck, that and an adapter plug would allow them to be used in anything.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to rfnagel Send a message via Yahoo to rfnagel
Quote:
Originally posted by Azimov
That looks alot better than I would've thought. Especially on the MT chassis. Well done!
Glad ya liked it - Another one is the "Com Vee" body with the WT kit. I gave that one to my father (my folks have a Fleetwood Bounder motorhome), and it could easily be (re)painted up to look like it (see attached pic of r/w motorhome, don't have a pic of the WT Com Vee body that I gave him).

As far as ZipZaps vs adults/kids, a quote that I found eons ago... don't remember where I first saw this posted, it *might* have been right here at TinyRC ages ago (but I don't really remember):

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There's no way you are too old. I'm 29 and my buddy is a young 40! Remember, we were the ones pushing HotWheels around as a kid. Now that it's not as easy to bend down to push them on the floor, we can stand up (or kick back if you prefer) and play with our cars -

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Priceless -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fleetwood_rv.jpg (11.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 07-26-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
There's no way you are too old. I'm 29 and my buddy is a young 40! Remember, we were the ones pushing HotWheels around as a kid. Now that it's not as easy to bend down to push them on the floor, we can stand up (or kick back if you prefer) and play with our cars
So true. I pushed those HotWheels around as well. But, I think the association with HO scale slot cars is the root of the obsession with me.
My brother and I would shovel walks all week in order to buy Aurora AFX slot cars at the local HS. They were 10 bucks apiece and we got a half hour on the huge HS track for every car we bought.
These miniature RC cars bring alot of those feelings back and are even more fun to play with.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I know I know Nothing

Mine interest has been peaked for several reasons. When I was young we had a ton of tyco slot car sets. I bijillion (I counted) cars. I remember thinking...it would be so sweet to be able to drive them all over...to really controll it.

So now I have 3 ZZ 2 ZZmt's and an epoch (very soon)

All that and I like to have something to tinker on.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
When I was young we had a ton of tyco slot car sets. I bijillion (I counted) cars.
Yah, brings back memories. I don't know why we were so into those AFX cars. They were the newest and hottest at the time I guess. Then they had to go and make them magna traction, which killed them IMO. Climbing up walls and stuff. How are ya supposed to slide and do all that cool stuff that gave the things at least a little bit of a challenge?
Come to think of it, it may have been the cool way the AFX motor was part of the chassis and not one of those square motors like all the rest.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:02 PM

azimov i was wondering which color gears came with it
Old 11-30-2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:
azimov i was wondering which color gears came with it
You mean the Pixar Zips? They come with blue gears-red motor I think.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:34 AM

azimov arent thoughs the motor a gear that come stock on all zz i got mine with a red motor and blue gears so how can it be fast mine sucks (well it broke yesteerday but it sucked when it was working) and some people say the pixar cars dont have a switch
Old 12-01-2006, 08:54 AM

sorry for the double post but do the pixar cars have mor than one channel like the se with the selector or like the reg zz without the selector
Old 12-02-2006, 03:47 AM

Yeah, the gears and motor are the same as always.
No, there isn't a power switch. They are regular Zips with motor steering, not semi proportional like SEs. They are lightning fast when compared to Zips sold a couple years ago, and are much faster than the last series of magnetic steering Zips.
Of course, green or red gears and a hotter motor will make them even faster.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:08 PM

ok thanks but how does the motor steering feel its totally different than the se right cause i have an se
Old 12-02-2006, 03:40 PM

The steering is the same as the magnetic setup, Bang right, bang left. The motor version is just a bit stronger.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:50 PM

ok thanks azimov
Old 12-19-2006, 06:31 PM

Will the new cars work with multiple people racing? I saw they are 27 and 49 MHZ... does that mean you can only race 2? Can you MOD it up to race more?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:34 AM

I'm not a kid and I love the ZZ SE's, in fact I like lots of RC stuff and these are very cool for the size.

I stated with BitG's in 2001, but those pale when compared to the ZZ SE's.

I like the ability to race any where, set up a track and play, they are easy to use and fun to drive, what more can you ask for, (besided the ZZ SE line to get picked up again by RS)

I will agree, that they seem to market them more for kids, and that is ashame, since the only people I know using them are all over the age of 20.

I had AFX / Auroa / Eldon and even a Sizzlers tracks.. speaking of sizzlers, they have reissued them at target, they have all the orginals cars and track pieces including the BIG gas pump to juice up the cars.

I doubt I will get back into sizzlers being that ZZ SE's are so much better but it is cool to see them reissued.

My quest is for the best ZZ Se track and some type of Lap counter, that you do not need to drive thru a special area to trigger, I would like to see some micro RF Id's on these cars that are used for lap counting and scoring purposes.