TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS Mods and Projects

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Micro RC Innovator

Biggest Fastest REDLINE "BIG BLOCK V-12" ProPulsion Dragster XMOD MOTOR Ever!

Hello My Fellow Xmod Hardcore Racers!!

First of all, Im not here to put down other MotorMakers or Non-Redline Xmod Motors in here, but just sharing my newest/ latest Speed Innovation.. If anybody has negative comments, please Private Message me or email me instead as I am through with harrassment and childish bashing.. Oh yeah, secondly, Im not here to sell my motors as well, so do ask me how much yet, since im backed logged and somewhat behind in my orders..

So far, I havent seen anybody with a motor size like this, in any XMOD Forums and so to have a red carpet premiere, I am introducing the most Super Biggest and Fastest motor there is which barely fits in my XMOD!! Yes, not to brag, its a lot faster and bigger than a 130 or even a 180 size motor!! I call it "THE BIG BLOCK V-12" which I derive it from Lamborhini's Tractor Motors that are used in europe, to get the most POWERFUL TORQUE and Speed there is!! To one's real state of mind of a real analogy, its a lot more powerful than like: Dodge Hemi Motors, the simple Big Block V-8's, V-10's, Rotary Engine's or simply the traditional 4 Bangers!!

Please note, that this car is my buddies and not mine. I am actually experimenting on his car(s) since I currently sold all of mine, but will have one as well for the future..

I have two versions of these bad @ss Motors.. One's designed for a 6 or 7 Cell or simply a 4 Cell Setup!! The one in the picture is meant for a 6 CELL application. The performance outcome is the obvious Dragster "BULLY" characterized motor with Wheely Galore and Excellent Speed, just like the Fast and Furious Movie wher the Black Dodge Charger wheelies off the start when racing the orange Supra .. The only problem is, I stripped or coned so many short rear axles already.. Im currently testing it having the short axles Krazy glued to the the Rear Diff..

For this setup to happen, its a must to do FET upgrade and re-do the gear setup!!

Anyways, I have to go for now and meet at a Xmod Drag Meet with the buddies, to give them the surprise of their lives!! Ill give more details later!! See Ya!! Vrooomm,.. Vroooom(peelin out)!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 1120.jpg (153.6 KB, 361 views)

Last edited by MicroRCracer; 01-25-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Mad Scientist

Yep, that's a 260 motor, alright...
Old 01-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Micro RC Innovator

Here's how the size compare's to my other 130 sized "Redline III - Drag Propulsion Series" Xmod Motor..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 1114.jpg (140.1 KB, 325 views)
Old 01-25-2004, 06:55 PM
TinyRC Newbie

so how can i get one of thesE?
Old 01-25-2004, 07:31 PM

Re: Biggest Fastest REDLINE "BIG BLOCK V-12" ProPulsion Dragster XMOD MOTOR Ever!

Quote:
Originally posted by MicroRCracer

"THE BIG BLOCK V-12" which I derive it from Lamborhini's Tractor Motors that are used in europe, to get the most POWERFUL TORQUE and Speed there is!! To one's real state of mind of a real analogy, its a lot more powerful than like: Dodge Hemi Motors, the simple Big Block V-8's, V-10's, Rotary Engine's or simply the traditional 4 Bangers!!

Stop trying to make electric motors anaglous to real engines. It just sounds stupid. Why don't you just state your motor size, like neuro said, say it's a 260 compared to a 130 or 180, not a "big block V12", to an intelligent person I don't think it's really a selling point.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:11 PM
0reZepyT

how is it going to be secured? the original motor holder or the heatsink isn't big enough to fit the 260 motor
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:56 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to nosser

that looks just like a "hopping hydro's Big Bad Johnson" motor. I use to build 1/24 cars w/ hydros so i know about those motors. They do have alot of torque and cost about $5.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:14 PM
0reZepyT

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by nosser
that looks just like a "hopping hydro's Big Bad Johnson" motor. I use to build 1/24 cars w/ hydros so i know about those motors. They do have alot of torque and cost about $5.
where did you get these motors?
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Micro RC Innovator

Yes guys! Its actually a JOHNSON MOTOR and not the Big Bad Johnson Motor Hydro, but of course the insides have been revised by me, so it wouldnt just be a regular johnson motor..

Sorry, I never knew what size it was considered, so i just gave it a good analogical size equivalent to a real V-12 and also because other motormakers out there give there 180 motors a name of a "Big Block V-8" when mine is obviously bigger .. Thanks though, now I know its a 260 size!!

Oh yeah, Im using the rear mount plate to hold it down.. It fits perfect because I have the gears interchanged to a proper fit..

I really dont mind!! You guys can go ahead an knock yourselves out in getting a Big Bad Johnson Motor. Im sure that will work too!! Just dont forget who gave you guys the idea if this becomes a future popular trend for the Xmods!!

Again, im not here to sell anybody my motor. Im here to contribute as much as I can, but if people start to trash talk, thats when i keep all of my info secretive..

Anyways, this isnt the last that you'll ever see as far as my ProtoType Motors, cuz Ive got more surely to come in the future!! laters!! Vroom vroom!!! VrooooooooooooooooM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MicroRCracer; 01-26-2004 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:43 AM
Happiness is a warm gun..

Send a message via AIM to spitty12
I second 97PrizmLsi comment, you sound ridiculous with your comparisons and ramblings.

Thomas Jefferson once said: "The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do."
Old 01-26-2004, 12:43 AM
Micro RC Innovator

One more thing, I do have another 260 size johnson motor, which will have silver shunt ignition on the brushes, just like my 130 size motors shown below..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 1110.jpg (138.4 KB, 242 views)
Old 01-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Micro RC Innovator

Attached Images
File Type: jpg redline6.jpg (218.5 KB, 234 views)
Old 01-26-2004, 01:25 AM
Happiness is a warm gun..

Send a message via AIM to spitty12
Are the silver shunts actually needed on only 6 cells? You should be loosing more power at the stock connector than at the brushes. Do you connect the shunt to the actual brush or to the thin brush arm arm?

I think I would rather have a Lamborghini car engine then a tractor engine, but with 6 cells and that huge engine it must handle like a tractor!
Old 01-26-2004, 01:43 AM
Micro RC Innovator

Spitty12,

You do not need silver shunt ignition for a 6 cell, I just do it for a little extra bonus for more power.

I do my own method having them soldered directly to the brush arm making sure it gets contact to the actual brush itself..

To be honest, stock wire or bigger wire doesnt really make a difference on performance, thats why i stopped doing bigger guaged wires since these are pretty much 50.00 toys..

Believe me this has the performance of a lamborghini V-12 and a Big Block V-12 as combined together..

If I were you, I would ditch the Crest Spinbrushes Hybrids since theyre really not that fast at all and are very over hyped.. Xmod Speed evolution keeps getting better where SB hybrids are very obsolete.. I personally am not trying to sell you a motor, but I recommend that you atleast buy a 5.00 Big Bad Johnson Motor and get a FET upgrade , instead of a 5.00 Crest SpinBrush..

Last edited by MicroRCracer; 01-26-2004 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:49 AM
TinyRC Newbie

okay im a newbie and was thinking of going the crest route, but would like to see where i can buy other engines. also wondering where the FET goes.
Closed Thread