TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Suntzu28,
Let's be clear here...Stridex is a valued MEMBER of TinyRC forums, but not a Moderator...Read his title a little closer.

What you WERE right about is that they'll be no Flame wars here, you (just like every other member) are ENTITLED to your opinion here on the Forums.

Stridex,
Even if you believe someone on the Forums has alterior motives or you disagree with their methods, please refrain from taking such an aggressive posture. An intelligent argument to the contrary (without accusations) will get your point across FAR MORE strongly.

Thank you.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:26 PM

Darnit! Perhaps i had these protective goggles on a TAD to tight, Namuna. Regardless ...my apologies. I should have looked a bit closer.

I know who is going to be a happy movie goer this summer.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:59 PM
Chunk

Quote:
While this is your forum Stridex and you can disseminate any information you choose, i speak from experience ( in abundance).
This is why I snapped back. I thought you were being sarcastic. Now I realize you thought I was a moderator. I'm not. It says "Modibator" in my title. I thought you were implying that I think I own the site. My bad, but I still have a problem with all your secrecy.

You photo shop the pics of cars you're going to mold so we can't make them out (Mini and VW Bug) Why?

You mention a higher quality product, but want us to email you to find out. Why and the HECK would you even bring that up then? Explain to me again why it is you can't just post the information?

Just stop the secrecy. I think if you want to sell something here (to targeted traffic), you have to give a little back, IMO. I can provide them with all the information they need, but you should really be the one typing it all out and taking the pics. You're the one gaining from it the most. Make sense? Enough about this email crud. None of your answers would be against forum policy. Post it here or just come out and say that you're only here for free advertisement and not to create competitors. I'll have a lot more respect for your entrepreneurship if you did.

You basically told me in your last post, that you'll take our money, but if we want to see pics of your method, go look on-line for some. This is fine. Since you know of all the resources on-line, would it be so hard to at-least post a link?

You're really trying way to hard to keep others from learning while saying you hope they do. I post a link that shows them exactly how to do this. You tell them to use another form that doesn't even explain how to block windows and everything else associated with molding die-cast car bodies. If you're the one actually molding these, you'd know molding cars is not anything like molding a solid doll head.

One-Piece mold!! If I didn't know any better, I'd swear you've never molded anything in your life, or you just don't want anyone doing a better job then you. That's just the vibe you're putting off. I could be completely way off-the-mark.

If you don't have anything fruitful to add to topics that relate to your new business, please stay off them. We're not here for posts that ask for people to send them emails. We get your point! If you have something we need to know about, we'll email you. Other then that, we'll keep sifting through your posts that advertise your bodies for sale.
imaginary friend.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Chunk

Quote:
Stridex,
Even if you believe someone on the Forums has alterior motives or you disagree with their methods, please refrain from taking such an aggressive posture. An intelligent argument to the contrary (without accusations) will get your point across FAR MORE strongly
Namuna, I completely understand what you're saying. I'm not one that likes giving moderators something to do. I value this site, it's posters and every ounce of knowledge I've picked up from it. I'll drop this argument.

Suntzus,
I hope you don't feel like I'm trying to affect anything you're trying to accomplish. You're adding a valid service to the site by selling these. I just wish you'd be a little more open so it didn't appear that you're just taking advantage of the free registration that tinyrc.com offers.
imaginary friend.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:48 PM

"My bad, but I still have a problem with all your secrecy." - No Biggie Stridex. Ill try to address my alleged secrecy....

"You photo shop the pics of cars you're going to mold so we can't make them out (Mini and VW Bug) Why? " - Recently a guy who liked the bodies asked a some what similar question in regard to the ONE and ONLY photo that i i have done that to. As i told him i will tell you ....it was simply to add suspese. Following which we talked about how the colors were INVERTED in a simple PHOTO SHOP program. Good conversation. Nuff said'

"You mention a higher quality product, but want us to email you to find out............ Explain to me again why it is you can't just post the information?" - I can do what ever i choose in regard to my keyboard and PC ...and actually i told YOU specifically to e-mail me. YOU Stridex. Keep in mind that i thought you were a Mod at the time.

"Just stop the secrecy. I think if you want to sell something here (to targeted traffic), you have to give a little back, IMO. " - By giving back you mean providing information in regard to casting. ITS BEEN DONE. By giving back you mean telling people which product is quality if its brought up ( like Deuce Mans link...which i posted QUALITY PRODUCT). ITS BEEN DONE.

"I can provide them with all the information they need, but you should really be the one typing it all out and taking the pics. You're the one gaining from it the most. Make sense?" - It would if my sole purpose was to sell car bodies HERE. But it isnt. Im also here to read about ZZ's like other people ( note: NOT TO READ YOUR OPINIONOF OTHER PEOPLE) and post pics of cars that i made which are cool ( imo).

"I'll have a lot more respect for your entrepreneurship if you did." - Things get sticky here..Dual members know the scoop..basically ...im just a place keeper. AS i said Dual members know of what type ( Namuna im trying to respect the "dont mention the name rule" ). And if you think i needed your respect for anything...wrong. You have proven to me that unlike others ( many) who have asked for information and received it in personal e-mails you prefer to take it " to the streets". Do it on your own. Dont ruin this thread with continued war fare that isnt warranted.

"You basically told me in your last post, that you'll take our money, but if we want to see pics of your method, go look on-line for some. This is fine. Since you know of all the resources on-line, would it be so hard to at-least post a link?" - I didnt say that . That would be a lie. Now if thats your interpretation of what i said , ok. I think by not commenting on my Laker comment your a Laker hater. Just my interpretation of what you said. Opinions abound.

"You're really trying way to hard to keep others from learning while saying you hope they do. I post a link that shows them exactly how to do this. You tell them to use another form that doesn't even explain how to block windows and everything else associated with molding die-cast car bodies. If you're the one actually molding these, you'd know molding cars is not anything like molding a solid doll head. " - If anyone reads my post ( they are archived) they can see for themselves that my post are predominantly pictures and short yes /no answers. Im not trying hard to do ANYTHING least of all stop someone else. I have enough real life matters to attend to than to stop cyber individuals from achieving their goals. Sidenote: If you are casting , despite what you might have read ( not implying you did just saying) you do not have to block windows if plastic is in place.

"One-Piece mold!! If I didn't know any better, I'd swear you've never molded anything in your life, or you just don't want anyone doing a better job then you. That's just the vibe you're putting off. I could be completely way off-the-mark. " - You could be and you are. But thats ok Stridex. Its your opinion. Your PC ..your world. If you like the 2 part process better DO IT. IF you like another method better than the one your currently using DO IT. Thats what forums like Tiny and Micro are for..gaining intel and applying it. You have some there posted now DO IT and enjoy. My post ( or in your opinion lack there of) speak for themselves and i know enough people from this board who know my character. Bottom Line like Nike ...Just DO it and dont worry about the next man.

"If you don't have anything fruitful to add to topics that relate to your new business, please stay off them. We're not here for posts that ask for people to send them emails. If you have something we need to know about, we'll email you. Other then that, we'll keep sifting through your posts that advertise your bodies for sale. " - Couldnt have said it better myself lad. One point though....i can post whatever i like ( as can you ) as long as it falls within the guidelines set by Tiny. So ...let the Moderators moderate and determne whether my post are appropriate or not. They dont want flames or irrelevant post as much as i dont ( and hope you dont either). And as far as chiming in with info regarding my "business" on post...that would be cheap and only serves to do the OPPOSITE of what you suggest i dont. Could you imagine....Zip Zaps new PCB! Suntzu" Yes and they perform better with my bodies!"

I think not.

NAMUNA...as i stated previously ( and repeatedly) im not interested ina flame as it takes away the integrity of the thread. What can we do to solve this? Or of coirse we can simply adhere to the Truce i suggested ...uh.Stridex..so that we can move this thread and others alongsmoothly?
Old 02-15-2003, 08:55 PM

Sure ....im more than happy to carry on with posting and reading threads Stridex. Ive said that all along....

"Suntzus,
I hope you don't feel like I'm trying to affect anything you're trying to accomplish. You're adding a valid service to the site by selling these. I just wish you'd be a little more open so it didn't appear that you're just taking advantage of the free registration that tinyrc.com offers."

- Honestly Stridex im not trying to accomplish anything. If i was you would see WEB SITES lol...and FREE GIVE AWAYS and the like. Im just making my cars better. Period. If people want to do the same they can A) Do IT or B) Buy One. I just had a person tell me they bought all the materials ( which were exspensive) and were about to start casting and what not based upon the same desire i had when i started. READ your first post.....thats what its all about ( minus the sell me the good ones lol).

Last edited by Suntzu28; 02-17-2003 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:18 AM
BIT PIMP

Now that both parties have cleared there chests, I think we can go back to posting about rc cars

silla
Old 03-09-2003, 03:14 AM
Mr. Goop

Send a message via Yahoo to Spanky
humm well i im kinda confused on how these two molds differ. 1, piece and 2 piece.. i guess i dont see how you can get a 1 piece to get both the top of the car and the bottom of the car.. but im probably not understanding how its done.

Suntzu28: Your bodys are looking awesome. from reading this im assuming your using a 1 piece.

anyway i was hoping someone could explain to me how these two work with bit bodys... i have looked at the alumnite website, but im really only understanding how the 2 piece mold would work.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Chunk

Spanky, why would you want to use resin molds when your Vac formed molds look excellent?

I'm always going to prefer the two-piece mold. Squish mold or not. It's the only way to go when you have an item that is hollowed. The one-piece molds leave too much room for error and are far from perfect (require sanding afterwards in most cases). I'd love for you to try both and give us your feedback. Too bad there isn't anyone here that can document exactly how to make a resin body using the one-piece mold format. I'd really like to see what I'm overlooking. There isn't any online either. All the online one-piece demonstrations are used with non-hollow items.

Here's my latest resin body using the squish format. For something this small and detail, you really do need a squish to prevent bubbles. This process and a vacuum chamber are your best combination.
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthr...9871#post79871
imaginary friend.
Old 03-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Mr. Goop

from what ive read so far one way to help eliminate bubbles is to heat the mold... thats providing you are using a mold in which you pour the resin through a hole into the mold.. when heating the bubbles will rise out of the mold into the pour hole... although im not sure if it works...

the only reason im looking into the resin mold is for that truck i wanna make.. its just to much to handle for the vac molding process... im not saying it cant be done.. but im not sure i have the patients for it right now.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:09 PM

Sorry im late to the mold fest. I just opened my e-mail.

Real quick......try heating your mold in the microwave for , oh, 30 seconds.
If you want to avoid the "text book" style ( i.e. if you want to do it your own way).
It helps keep the bubbles to a minimum if you have the paitience ( meaning if you arent Lazy lol..which sometimes we all can be).

Also keep in mind THE QUALITY OF MOLD AGENT (man i tried a new one this weekend and it ...was...not...good. Cure time was EXCELLENT but it had its draw backs.

You saw my truck and my hummer and those are both made via one piece. You can see the flames and decal logos ON THE truck. Youve heard OTP's perspective on the Vac and that dude is LIGHT years ahead of everyone on this subject ( although i do think Vacuforming has its place in certain situations. In your case a combination of the 2 is warranted).

Bottom Line...if detail is what your after in your truck...unless you can "kick it up a notch" to what i would assume has to be a better vacuform (which still may not do the job) try Stridex is doing because what your doing at this point is probably equally as intensive ( we arent talking hard labor here). You'll be making a switch to different materials but considering your ahead of the curve you will be pleased with your result in no time.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Mr. Goop

well i could vac form it just fine.. but the box of the truck probably would have to be filled in to give the affect of a teanu cover.. or i could just glue random crap into it and then when its molded paint it brown and call it dirt.... otherwise i have a feeling that the box would just end up looking like a rounded swiming pool... how exactly does the 1 piece mold work? and what posts refer to OTP's perspective? im just trying to do as much resarch on the resin molding process as i can...

thanks
Old 03-09-2003, 09:05 PM

Do you prefer the covered look or the open look ( truck bed)? Personally i like the covered look and i believe filling it would be NIIICE but i can see where an open truck bed would be cool for those that want to haul things.

Just curious.....i take it the Vacuforming of the truck would not allow for a "realistic" truck bed? Is that because the heated material wont "sink in " far enough or simply because of the fact that the material once conformed to the truck bed wont creep into the corners. I ask only because if vacuforming is working for you and you know your technique well ..then perhaps we can brain storm a few ideas ( based upon your answer) that will allow you to get the detail without changing styles?

" 'where is' OTP's perspective posted?" - I think the "verboten" rule is still in effect (wow...) for both locations but its in the other forum. Hit me via e-mail and ill toss the link your way. Did you get my e-mail? Someone has created a HELL of a bit car with driver that i thought you might want to see since you make primarily Bits.

" im just trying to do as much resarch on the resin molding process as i can..." - Thats the best way man. 10 differnt was to cook chicken ya know. Im still experimenting even though i feel i have the best method for me. Plaster keeps tempting me lol.

Last edited by Suntzu28; 03-09-2003 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:47 AM
CJ's Hobbies.net

Send a message via ICQ to cj1267 Send a message via Yahoo to cj1267
Is anyone still doing this and what bodies have you made?
Old 06-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Mr. Goop

yes im still making bodys.

and i believe others are too... unfortnately nobody has yet to find out how Suntzu28 does his 1-piece mold. ive emailed him and am still clueless as to how he does it.

i use a 2 piece mold. and it works flawless. 100% bubbleless...

i have never used the alumilite products because of their high price. you can get much better products from tap plastics. for a lot less.

check out a topic called "resin molds & equip" it has tons of info on molding, materials and the entire process.