TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Marcro's Brushless Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcro View Post
Anybody ever think there will be a brushless motor small enough for these guy's yet? I think the one for the Micro-T is probably the smallest brushless right now. Think it'll happen? Just curious.
Good question Marc but I didn't think the photo gallery was the right place to answer it.

Sure it’s possible we have the technology but you’d need a new circuit board with a brushless ESC and that would take up more room they have three motor driver circuits not just two so its ESC portion would be larger and of course the motor would have three very delicate small wires, all for what?

Brushless motors are more efficient but the little 7mm coreless is also very efficient fellow so you’re not going to get massive battery life improvements like you do in larger cars. Speed? Not really and issue either the XSpeed and/or my orange Ripper already push the dNaNo to it’s practical racing limits, and if you want to go faster still I have one I’ve named Muhaha or Stupid depending what day you ask, sure it’s manageable in training mode but in normal mode it’s sort of hard on your dNaNo’s body, room to slow down and turning become an issue.

Never say never, but I’d say not likely, at this time I can’t think of a singe benefit that would come close to outweighing the trouble and expense.

Last edited by LBRC; 06-03-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 PM

Thank's, I was mostly curious. I'll be getting the Dnano's Xspeed motor tomarow along with my other hop-up's as mentioned before. The Dnano for its size is already pretty fast. It's amazing how something so small, can take up so much room while playing with it!
I was also thinking about the ESC for the brushless, just like the Micro-T. Those wires they use for the Dnano's motor are almost hair-line thin! I'm afraid of ripping one of those wires in half when I remove the stock motor to replace it with Xspeed!
Do you see aftermarket companies making any alloy parts for it? I thought I read some where that PN was planning on making some motor mount's perhaps.