TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Manufacturers > RCP Tracks

Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 PM

RCP Releases New Super RC Speedway into the Toy Industry

We have just released a new track package into the toy industry that includes a complete RCP race track and two RTR 1/40th scale RC cars. The new product will be available through some of the larger retail toy stores for the 2009 holiday season. The track kits are currently in stock and already shipping to customers in the US.

The tracks incorporate a new textured skinned surface that offers a very flat and smooth driving experience for the included 1/40th scale RC cars. This surface also provides a great platform for the Kyosho dNaNo 1/43 scale hobby cars. With a little less grip than our hobby tracks, the new tracks offer the dNaNo driver a different feel, similar to real car racing. The track modular tiles are a little more than 3/8" thick, which allow the joints to be very smooth at the transitions. The side rails are 3/4" tall to accommodate the smaller RC cars size and scale. Each modular tile measures 20" x 20" which allows plenty of room for the beginner to drive or race around with a 33" lane width. Multiple tracks can be purchased and combined together to create bigger and more challenging layouts. The track comes with a finish line print on two of the tiles. It is not shown in the seperate pictures below, but is shown on the color box print.

The included RTR cars come with operational front head lights and rear brake lights. Both cars incorporate licensed bodies and provide the perfect speed for the beginner or entry level driver.

The new track kits will help bridge the gap between those who purchase products exclusively from toy stores and major retail stores that offer toys, with products that are offered in the hobby industry. With the RCP track being the link, many customers who purchase the new track may seek out additional information from our website, which will offer them informaiton on track upgrades and car upgrades such as the Kyosho Mini-z and dNaNo. I believe the new track kits may help increase sales to Mini-zracer, Tinyrc and similar small scale RC car webstores as our website offers links to these an other online stores.

1/43 scale dNaNo Enzo

1/40 scale BMW

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 09-29-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:51 PM

Are you going to sell a more extensive track layout for people who want to setup for Dnanos?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanfujii View Post
Are you going to sell a more extensive track layout for people who want to setup for Dnanos?
Our plans are to release this oval track into the toy industry. Customers can purchase additional tracks without the cars to create lager and more challenging layouts. Once we review the feedback from customers, we can decide on what additional layouts, expansions and/or kits we will provide for this track design.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:18 AM

Is that red/white/blue BMW really 1/43 scale? I know it says 1/40 scale, but I wonder if the body could fit Dnano chassis? I like that BMW and always liked that paint scheme.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcro View Post
Is that red/white/blue BMW really 1/43 scale? I know it says 1/40 scale, but I wonder if the body could fit Dnano chassis? I like that BMW and always liked that paint scheme.
The bodies are 1/40th scale. They are slightly bigger than the dNaNo.

dNaNo 1/43 scale Enzo

BMW 1/40 scale

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 09-29-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:51 AM

Thank you for the size comparison photo's. Look's like BMW is too big darn it!
I noticed that track is oval design, will there be other lay-outs available? Add-on kits? Extension kits?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP-Tracks, Inc View Post
Our plans are to release this oval track into the toy industry. Customers can purchase additional tracks without the cars to create lager and more challenging layouts. Once we review the feedback from customers, we can decide on what additional layouts, expansions and/or kits we will provide for this track design.
I posted above.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 PM

One note, the tracks come with a finish line print just like the hobby tracks. It is just not shown in the pictures above. The box print shows the finish line print.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:09 PM

Any idea when these will be seen at TRU? What about WallMart, KMart, Target?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the packaging looks great!

i know a couple of guys who will be interested in the bmw's as well.

nice mac keyboard btw, i've got the same one
Old 09-29-2009, 10:37 PM

that toy car is pretty good looking. what brand is it?

great product. I don't even think you need to test before releasing the road course version. Basically this is a radio controlled version of a slot car kit and those have always been sold as road courses. In any event great idea and good luck. industry has kept talking about bringing RC to the masses for 2 decades now and here we go for the first time, public intro to actually racing not just owning rc cars, all in one package.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
the packaging looks great!

i know a couple of guys who will be interested in the bmw's as well.

nice mac keyboard btw, i've got the same one
Yes, I have worked off a PC from the beginning and my wife just upgraded to a Mac. She runs the computer lab at the local elementary school and they just upgraded all the computers in her lab to Mac's. I personally love the Mac now. Very easy to get around and there are so many great features. Looking at getting the Apple TV. Also, the customer support for Apple is outstanding. The local Apple store is like a second family to us now. We bought into a plan that allows us to visit the Genus Bar any time we want with questions on projects or learning how to use the Mac to it's full potential. If we end up getting the Apple TV, than our computers, Ipods and TV will all talk to each other. We can move songs and movies to either platform.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:33 AM

Some more pics of the car with running lights. The car uses (2) AAA batteries and the controllers use (2) AA batteries. The cars do not need tire upgrades. With the textured side of the tiles and the speed of the cars, tires are not a factor and do not need to be changed or upgraded. We have 6 ~ 7 different manufacturer licensed bodies to choose from, so we will introduce new cars down the road. We will offer the tracks by themselves and the cars by themselves. The individual cars also come in different colors. For now we have two frequencies available, but have the option to add more for additional car kits.

I don't want people from the hobby side to be mislead on the cars. They do not incorporate any of the proportional properties that the dNaNo and the Mini-z use. We provided these cars as an entry level package for the toy industry. We expect most customers who purchase the tracks will have little to no experience with RC at all. These cars will provide them with the basics and allow them to practice and increase their hand eye coordination to get better. If they want to upgrade to hobby grade RC cars, we will provide them with the links to on-line stores and manufacturers who make them. We will also provide them with information on our current RCP hobby tracks.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 09-30-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:39 PM

You can purchase the 2 car and track combo package from RCP Tracks direct. They are in stock and shipping now. You can also purchase the tracks by themselves.

Track and Car Combo Kit $99 + shipping to the US and Canada. We have a warehouse in Kentucky and California that stocks the track kits and offer great shipping rates through Fedex ground service.

Oval Track only....$69 + shipping

To order...1-877-722-3875 or tracksales@sbcglobal.net
Old 10-01-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherdbrown View Post
The car looks really nice.. When will these tracks be available... any idea???
See post just before your. They are in stock and available now.

You can purchase the 2 car and track combo package from RCP Tracks direct. They are in stock and shipping now. You can also purchase the tracks by themselves.

Track and Car Combo Kit $99 + shipping to the US and Canada. We have a warehouse in Kentucky and California that stocks the track kits and offer great shipping rates through Fedex ground service.

Oval Track only....$69 + shipping

To order...1-877-722-3875 or tracksales@sbcglobal.net