TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 08-31-2004, 06:59 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to Sdog
Quote:
Originally posted by Namuna We'll find out soon! [/b]
I hope so. I have already hit a couple of Shacks this week hoping to come across them. I'm like a little kid...I love the GT40.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:22 PM
I process, therefore I am

I had the same exact thought when the photo of the real car was posted. "Beautiful, I want one, but man that thing will ride like a 4x4 on the SE chassis. That car is made low to the ground to start with and a much slimmer chassis would be needed.." But, I'd almost bet on it looking like Bigfoot when it comes out. I hope not though.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:27 PM

Well....we can hope. It may not look too bad on an og zipzap chasis with some mods, but the SE electronics are getting better and I'd like to see that continue.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:32 PM

I doubt very seriously that they are gonna redo their chassis over a few body styles, just not likely to happen. It's gonna be the same old thing, cool looking body sitting up like a monster truck, in which at that time, I will be forced to stick them on a normal Zip chassis tab lowered.

But I hope they prove me soooo wrong.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:40 PM

I doubt they would change the chasis over a few new shells too. But, what I'm hoping for is the continued evelotion of the SE chasis, which includes lowering the profile....not just for these two new shells, but all others in the future. Starting at these two shells, both beautiful, low cars makes perfect sense. I know it is wishful thinking.

I'm pretty sure someone from RS follows these forums. It would be in their best interest, from a marketing standpoint, to do so and foolish not to. This is one of the reasons I like discussions like this on these forums. I've started another thread in another forum titled "ZipZap SE, RS are you listening?" for the sole purpose of discussions like this, hoping that RS takes note.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:45 PM

There was once a so called RS rep. posting here. Whether he was for real, who knows. All I can say is they haven't taken our advice yet.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad Company
There was once a so called RS rep. posting here. Whether he was for real, who knows. All I can say is they haven't taken our advice yet.
You don't agree that the electronics have improved when the muscle cars came out?
Old 08-31-2004, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I doubt very seriously that they are gonna redo their chassis over a few body styles, just not likely to happen. It's gonna be the same old thing, cool looking body sitting up like a monster truck, in which at that time, I will be forced to stick them on a normal Zip chassis tab lowered.
I agree. I think the only improvement may be just proper working steering and possibly an upgrade in the H-bridge transistors, maybe. RS has been known to do this before.
It is odd that they are clearing the shelves like this. This may indicate some improvements are on the way, it may not. The word "improved" has been used in emails I've gotten from people at RS. Whether this pertains to the latest steering fixes only, or imply upgrades to the SE line is still up in the air. But, not much longer to find out.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sdog
You don't agree that the electronics have improved when the muscle cars came out?
I agree they have, but I think that was just a natural evolution like what happened to the normal Zips. It is still sketchy which cars are fixed. Could just be a quality control thing in the manufacturing process and not necessarely a production fix, if that makes since.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Could just be a quality control thing in the manufacturing process and not necessarely a production fix, if that makes since.
Yup, it could just come down to tighter quality control now. Though some minor defects still slip through. Dunno.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:53 PM

Guess what I'm trying to say is it's quite possible that the good cars are coming out of one production line and the bad ones out of another.

Don't get me wrong, I am and have always been Zips biggest fan and will stick by them.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad Company
I agree they have, but I think that was just a natural evolution like what happened to the normal Zips. It is still sketchy which cars are fixed. Could just be a quality control thing in the manufacturing process and not necessarely a production fix, if that makes since.
Makes perfect sense. I think I have been lucky with the new SE's I have bought (3 out of the box, 2 still packaged) The three I have run all work great. However, it may just be that my first two SE's, especially the Mustang, had really poor steering....so the new ones look much better. I still like my Audi TT shell though
Old 08-31-2004, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Guess what I'm trying to say is it's quite possible that the good cars are coming out of one production line and the bad ones out of another.
This was true when the original Zips came out. The two different frequencies came from two different factories with the 49Mhz models having better quality. Could still be the case with the SEs. But, an overall jump in steering quality just occured for all cars. With some still having very minor defects. This implies some kind of production tweak or parts upgrade.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:04 PM

Azimov....based on some of your posts, you seem to have the inside scoop on the RS stuff. How is that?
Old 08-31-2004, 08:24 PM

Quote:
you seem to have the inside scoop
No not really. I had a conversation with a customer rep supervisor at RS. I got pissed about having a collection of over a dozen cars that stuttered and had uneven steering.
The guy told me a few things that are interesting but uninformative at best. He promised to send me two cars when the "new" ones hit the warehouse. All "old" cars were out of stock. He also said that the new cars were "improved" and I should be happier with them. Everything I've posted is really conjecture and wishful thinking on what those quoted words mean.