TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-07-2004, 08:37 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to 4 Door LT1
Micro RS4 Xmod?!?!?

i was at the hobbyshop today and picked one up. and blew up my rear diff ( i dont have awd yet) with this motor. so i had to take out the rear diff, and glue the spider gears together, so now i have a spool in the rear. this ****er FLIES now, and thats jjust with the RS 4AAA rechargables.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:13 PM

Quote:
glue the spider gears together, so now i have a spool in the rear.

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Mad Scientist

Welcome to the forums.

Spool is just another term for a locked differential.

Which motor did you end up using? The Team Orion?
Old 02-07-2004, 10:04 PM
TinyRC Pro

stocker
Old 02-07-2004, 10:10 PM

that's a stock motor?

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-08-2004, 12:16 AM
bob256

That's a stock ff-180, a 180 size motor, i think he meant stock as in the motor is stock
Old 02-08-2004, 01:18 AM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by bob256
That's a stock ff-180, a 180 size motor, i think he meant stock as in the motor is stock
correct.

it seemed a lot faster inside my house in my kitchen than it does outside in a big parking lot. it was kind of a let down, to be honest. car takes off quickly, then just sits there not fast at all. plus it only gets about 10-15 feet out then starts cutting out. =/
Old 02-08-2004, 11:22 AM
sLoWly gOInG iNsAnE

180 Motor

Hey everyone,

The stock motor out of a Micro RS4 is a FK180 not a FF180. I know it sounds like arguing semantics, but there is a fundamental difference between these two motors. The difference is the brush style and material. The brushes found in the FF180 are nothing more than thin silver strips that apply only a small amount of pressure on the commutator for contact. With the thickness of these brushess being next to nothing they will not last long in a 4.8V or 6, 7.2 volt enviroment like the XMODS. They were meant for low voltage (2.4-3V), low rpm applications like in the Colgate Motion Brush toothbrush. The FK180 on the other hand actually has carbon brushes with a spring arm that places more force on the brush to commutator contact. This should be the only 180 motor used in XMOD applications. The FF180 motor I have already is showing significant wear from simply testing it on my dyno at 5 volts. The no-load rpm was only around 22,000 and the brushes are already getting worn through.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:15 PM
bob256

Hmm...

Everything else the same, what was the max voltage and current you were able to force thru the FK-180?? i know the FF-180 tops out at about 6v,stock winds, that's already TWICE the rated max voltage. And what are the rpm's for that motor? Mabuchi has the FK rated lower than the FF, but i doubt that's right.

bob256
Old 02-08-2004, 07:12 PM
sLoWly gOInG iNsAnE

Ok, let me see. I really didn't try to max out the voltage or current when testing the FF180 or FK180. As for Mabuchi's listings for these two motors you have to be careful. There are four additional numbers after the model number which more closely identifies each motor. The FF180 motor out of the Colgate Motion Brush has a designation on it which is not listed in the Mabuchi catalog online. Similarly, the exact designation of the FK180 out of the Micro RS4 is not known (that is to say, not printed anywhere on the motor can). When I tested these motors they were already modified highly from stock form. I wish I could test some stock motors, but right now I'm too busy with testing some modified motors.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to Delorean Freak Send a message via Yahoo to Delorean Freak
Wow, that's pretty cool... But what's a Micro RS4? I'm sorry, I just don't catch on to things quickly... I just found out the other day that SB stands for spinbrush... I assume that means the Crest Spinbrush electric toothbrush?
Old 02-09-2004, 09:02 AM
TinyRC Pro

p.s. the motor is not a FF180 or whatever the name on the engine says 180 PH
Old 02-09-2004, 03:37 PM
bob256

FF-180PH, 180PH their the same motor, ff-180 is just a short way to say ff-180ph
Old 02-15-2004, 09:10 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to HPIracer
Ive had the micro RS4 motor in my 6 cell xmod for about a month now. Its not crazy fast like i had hoped but its enough to make traction a prob. It wants to do donuts anywhere i drive. Ill try and make a video of it next to a xmod with a stage 2 tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:14 AM
I'm not a pyro, really.

a micro RS4 is another car like the XMODS & Mini-Zs only better. it has Mini Z quality electronics but 4WD. thats all i know.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!