TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 01-26-2004, 09:29 PM
XmodSource Dot Com

Why Does Everyone Hate NML?

Hey, Im just wondering why everyone hates NML? lol..Is it because hes selling motors? I never used one, but i hear they are the best. If they are good, why do you hate them? Im sure hes not scamming people if he's keeps selling them. I hope when i start selling my motors, people dont hate me, lol. I see everyone nagging his products, but i dont understand it, Have you guys tryed to made a motor? Its alot of time and work. If you made them before, you know what i mean. If not, Then dont speak (Thats how i feel..lol) Well just a thought i had..Post your feeling's on this subject
Old 01-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Mad Scientist

I certainly don't hate him, or the Redline motor guy. I look up to those two as the guys to beat when I'm trying to build a motor.

Honestly, I don't think building a motor is that hard. Building a motor well is hard. I tend to rush things, and not get my winds as neat as I could, but my motors have been improving with each one I make. The one I just made for the Mini-Z is probably my best one (130) yet. I really took the time to get the winds neat and tight. It still didn't even take me an hour to finish. NML says he takes as long as two hours on a motor.

Anyway, I respect what the other motor builders do. It is only their ridiculous sales pitches that I tend to like to poke fun at. Then again, I love messing with salespeople in general...
Old 01-27-2004, 01:22 PM
XmodSource Dot Com

ughh

ic..Well you do have a point, you can just throw a really quick, bad motor together, but making them GOOD is def a lil harder..but also, its not his fault (or anyone elses) that people are spending 50+ on the motor..Just a thought
Old 01-27-2004, 02:30 PM
mini-eX-Driver

Send a message via ICQ to 3series takumi Send a message via AIM to 3series takumi Send a message via Yahoo to 3series takumi
i personally think they are a rip off, with the exception of the big comms he uses. other than that, they are not that fast. they are faster than stock but i have raced and kept with one with my hybrid motor than cost me no more than $20 to put together. the prices of some of these motors is just crazy. it would be cheaper to just get the best 180class motor you could find ;p

novak xxl receiver
lrp quantum micro esc
hpi micro mod
5 2/3a zapped cells
novak 10v 4700u power cap
xmod suspension
xmod wheels and tire upgrade
Old 01-27-2004, 02:37 PM
XmodSource Dot Com

Yes, But why blame him/them for the buyers stupidity and lazyness? The buyers are stupid to buy it at those prices, and to lazy to search for other ones that cost $20 like you say...
Old 01-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Got Brains?

hate is a strong word

but disapprove of his actions are another thing. The thing I dislike is the shameless self promoting that he does on every single forum on the internet. He also sounds like a bloody Japanese TV commercial with his "super mega oustanding big happy fun nitrous oxide jet propulsion Ferrari Enzo quadruple turbo charged engines" when in fact it's just a really well done rewind of a 130, 180, or 260 motor with a nice can, magnets and bearings. No doubt he makes good stuff but it's the carnival-barker like sales pitch and advertsing accross every forum on the net that bugs me.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:32 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to nosser

I understand how everyone hates the sales pitch that every motor man is using and it is funny but in nml's defense on the miniz forums he is very respected and is known for some of the fastest miniz's. so on the miniz forums there are no gimmicks since he is known to be fast. here on all the xmod forums he is not known and people are quick to judge. and on top of that other motor makers hate on everyone else and the catchy the sales pitch probably works on some. So I guess they do what they have to do. I personally know nml and he a real cool guy and hes motors are fast.

neurokinetik, you sound like you got a good thing going too and I would mind trying out one of your motors.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Rez Send a message via AIM to Rez
Re: hate is a strong word

Quote:
Originally posted by theMonster
"super mega oustanding big happy fun nitrous oxide jet propulsion Ferrari Enzo quadruple turbo charged engines"
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude, you just made my day.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:43 PM
XmodSource Dot Com

Ya, neurokinetik..how much are you getting?
Old 01-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Got Brains?

neuro

He's not a crack....errrrrr motor dealer. He earns the utmost superior respect by actually being innovative, testing and experimenting and then SHARING the info, not selling the product. PROPS TO NEURO!!!!

Thanx Xodus, finally somebody else who thinks I'm funny!!

Last edited by theMonster; 01-27-2004 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Got Mini-z?

Send a message via AIM to Silent_NightR34
i dont like him. I would acctualy by one of neurokinetik motor or products instead of nml. the reason i hate nml so much is bacuse of how he comes online only to talk about his motors.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:56 PM
I Shall Return!

Send a message via AIM to xxspeednplayaxx
i know id show a great deal of respect to both motor guys if they would share their actual specs i.e. winds, guage, mags, brushes... im also skeptical to purchase things based on claims, howver a demo at the local hobby store would surely allow me to fork over 50 bux
Old 01-27-2004, 06:43 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to QPizzle
nml is trying to out do the redline guy..

BUT I HATE THE REDLINE GUY .... hes a friggin sales robot...
CL lights
CF centershaft
locked diff.
2nd stg. drift setup
hard slick rear/soft slick front
hard sus. rear/med sus. front
6 Cell w/IC-3's
FET upgrade
Dremel polished motor heatsink (mass mirror)
Flat black rims/chassis/front and rear plates

only thing i really needed.. and only thing i didnt buy:

AWD kit (out of stock everywhere...)
Old 01-27-2004, 06:59 PM
XmodSource Dot Com

Ya the redline guy is the "Speedoligist" on ebay right? If thats his, Then i dislike his approch..lol..He does it all for $. But NML, Makes motors for fun and shares them basicly..and people enjoy them..soo...Good Job to him is all i can say..I would like to compete with him with my motors soon
Old 01-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Got Brains?

be fair

To be fair, NML is just as bad as Speedologist, Redline, Solomon or what ever name they're going by. NML posts under MicroInnovations (or somethig like that) and NoMotorLimit and some others too. I disagree with you XODUS about him sharing and making the hobby fun. They're both a bane to the hobby. just like SilentNightR34 said, he only comes online (to most of the forums) to sell stuff. Again to be fair, he has in the past provided good material and thoughtful posts in the mini-z forums only though and in the eary days at that, in other words until he started selling. The only way these guys are going to get the message is just to bash the heck out of them whenever they post.