TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Tracks

Old 11-05-2002, 08:15 PM
Too Many Hobbies

Quote:
Originally posted by Sniper596
Like i said in my previous post these are nice pieces, but i was wondering if you could make outlines of the tracks because it helps save ink and because i would probably intend on spraypainting them. It's just a suggestion, either way they look great.
Yeah, I could easily do that, and it would be easier to printout. Good tip! I'll definitely do that for the next revision... which, with any luck I'll get out this week. I'll even post some higher res versions on my ISP webspace to save on bandwidth here... the gif files work, an dthey are small, but they are a little jaggy.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:30 AM
Too Many Hobbies

Kajoq, I like your ramp! I was having trouble getting some speed up the ramp too. I haven't worked on tweaking the ramp yet to fix it though.

So, I just thought I'd post a real life pic of the 90° banked curve. I wish I could bank it more, but I wanted both ends of the track to lay flat. And I used a laser printer to print out the bits, so it's in black and white. I'll make color ones once the bugs are worked out, and I make take Sniper's idea and just paint the cardboard pieces.

I should have the next revision of track parts by tomorrow.

Please ignore the terrible work in progress that is that fugly blue Mustang. I needed the cars in the pic to show the bank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg banked90.jpg (15.8 KB, 255 views)
Old 11-07-2002, 09:47 AM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to The Dude
That's awesome man, I've saved everything so far and plan on building a track. Thanks a lot.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:29 PM
Too Many Hobbies

Well, it's friday, so as promised, here are the pieces. I haven't had time to make any new ones, just the drawings. Maybe over the weekend I'll be able to.

I thought about the connection system, and I did this illustration. It also shows how to make the 90° curve.

I made a zip file of the 90, 180, and straight pieces, I'll post in a minute or so. As requested, I took out the big filled in areas, and replaced them with just lines so you can fill them with the paint bucket, or color them in with a marker, or paint them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg illustration.jpg (14.0 KB, 239 views)
Old 11-08-2002, 02:36 PM
Too Many Hobbies

I hope that illustration is clear enough. If not, that's a rubberband and the other things are round head brass fasteners.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tracks.zip (228.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 11-08-2002, 03:15 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to MICROMAZDA
Does the rubberbands put tension on the peices? Seems lie it would to me. Your stuff is comming along great though.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:26 PM
Too Many Hobbies

Thanks! About the rubberbands though, I don't know. I haven't tried yet. tee hee. I suppose a piece of string or wire would work too. I imagine it would be best if the rubberband weren't too tight, just tight enough to keep the parts together; because I think you're right, too much tension would cause problems.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:29 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to MICROMAZDA
Ok cool, so when will we see the figure eight peices with bridges, two teird tracks, some ramps holes and....

nevermind, just work at your own pace
Old 11-09-2002, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Very cool john; how soon until we can see pics of a fully assembled track?
Old 12-13-2002, 11:55 AM
TinyRC Pro

those cut out are really cool i'll for sure give them a try cus ive made a few ramps out of note cards that work pritty well also i found this bit char-g site that has some cut outs kinda like yours i made a few and they look great i'll post some pic when i get home.