TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-01-2004, 05:07 PM
TinyRC Newbie

controller problems

just bought a civic today, infact i had to return my first one because it just wouldn;t work, traded a black out for a nice new blue. Anyways, my antenna has a slight bend in it down near the base, thats the way it came. causes the car to suddenly stop (loss of signal), BUT, if i pull the antenna out and turn it upside down and sit it in the hole, it runs better. Is it just me or is there just something wrong with all the civics?

BTW, know where i can get a replacement antenna, like say a 5 foot one? heh.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:33 PM
i love lab rATS ther rad.

making an antena longer wont do anything unless its the right length the total length of the antena (including whats inside that you cant see)has to be the right length to match the frequency of the signal its recieving so make sure you get all the info before doing this
Old 09-02-2004, 03:41 PM

I work for a franchise RS, have recently taken back 4 different x-mods with bad controllers. The steering was intermittant at best, the throttle on one only worked in reverse. Tested the cars with other controllers, and they worked fine (with the original crystals).
Quality control slipping?
Old 09-02-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

qc slipping? nooo its been like this from the start.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 09-05-2004, 10:39 PM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by aperson
qc slipping? nooo its been like this from the start.
and i have no expectation their quality will improve.

ever.

any company that tells storefront employees to throw away defective merchandise instead of shipping it back for analysis simply does not care.

if you want to see how a good company supports its product i suggest going to forums that discuss the mini t or the mamba. there were problems in initial quality with the mini t. losi had someone on the forums to answer questions and fix problems on an individual basis.

castle creations also had initial problems with the mamba brushless motor system for the mini t and rs4. again a rep was available on major forums to fix problems.

our toys continue to get more and more complicated. failure is inevitable. crappy customer service is not inevitable.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:10 PM
I really should change my title...

same thing happened to my civic just got it a week ago and the intena was bent at the base so i got one from a new bright rc and i'm trying to get an origanal x mod one