TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 08-24-2002, 11:42 PM

That is a great charger! I have been using one just like it for 6 months with no problems. To charge the 6 cell X pack I put the charger on 1 amp and press start!

Last edited by irc; 08-25-2002 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:05 AM
TinyRC Pro

That would be a good charger for me to get. The only concern I have now is the plug socket that goes into the wall. I think they are different and I think that the mains power supply in the USA is a different voltage.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:16 AM

This unit runs off of 12 volts. Any 12 volt battery will work or a converter. I use a unit made to jump start cars with dead batteries (like all the ones at a used car lot) this works good because it is portable and it comes with a charger. I think they cost about $50.
Old 08-25-2002, 03:26 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via ICQ to ssstraub Send a message via AIM to ssstraub Send a message via Yahoo to ssstraub
Since I've seen it mentioned in this thread, I just feel compelled to warn about buying from Dinball.com.

I bought an ebay listed Bit Char-G from them.
They shipped it on 7/30/02.
It is 8/25/02 and I still don't have it.

From my email conversations with them it seems like I am going to be SOL if my package never shows up. The USPS won't attempt to track a lost parcel until 30 days have passed. I will be doing that, but it's unclear if dinball is going to do ANYTHING about this situation.

This seems very unprofessional of a so-called "store."

I plan on creating a new thread about this when I find out the results of the tracking.
Old 08-25-2002, 04:06 PM
TinyRC Pro

ssstraub, sorry to hear that. I used to think Dinball's prices were really low, but then I found out that they make up for this by charging high shipping costs.

PS. I'm not getting any mini RC at all now. I found out today that I can get a PS2, and pay my parents back the rest of the money when I get a job. I will probably still get a mini RC, but it is now going to have to wait until I get a job. I think I know what I will get aswell - an ABC DTM SP, after seeing that movie of it going 56mph I have to get one! I am going to ask my friend if he wants to go to the job agency with me to find some weekend work. If I can't get a job now I will have to wait until the end of October to get this job I have already got lined up. So the sooner I get a job, the sooner I get a mini RC! Sorry to waste everyones time because I have asked a lot of questions!