TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to monkeyballer
transformer ZipZaps

Are they the same units, just different bodies?
I'll buy them if they use the old bodies.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:36 PM
I process, therefore I am

Yeah, pretty much. Any Zip body will snap right on.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 AM

Are you sure tho, because the morons at radio shack said no way jose, and I didn't buy them. They were on clearance too!!

I did buy the 3 wanna be zip zaps from WALGREENS that are 3 for $11.98, look just like zip zaps and the zip zap monster trucks. The parts are interchangeable, but not the bodies. Motor, gears, tires, fit, but not the rims.
They are called megatoys
Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 AM

Yeah, all the older bodies fit. I have a set, and all my bodies fit on them. The chassis and remotes are even better than the original zip zaps. I like the new ones.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:15 PM

I just heard these guys existed, and we ran down to radio shack to see if any were left... I was convinced they'd be picked over, but we lucked out and got two bumblebees and an optimus (one bb for me, optimus for my mom... don't ask.)

My question was, since its a 27mhz (and doesn't have the six-frequency switch like the SEs), I was wondering if it'll conflict with either of my ID ones I already own, and if so what frequency should I use on them to avoid conflicts, if I can.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:17 PM

any 27mhz will interfere, the knocks I got from walgreens operate my zip zap thats on 27 and 49, but the controls are backwards.

Get a 49mhz and a 27mhz from radio shack, but you will not be able to operate 2 27mhz or 2 49mhz at the same time.

I got an older zip zap at flea market for 99 cents came with 2 brand new bodies and rims in the box, the battery wont charge, i took it apart and tried to use a different battery and it wont run at all.

Going to radio shack Saturday and cleaning out the rest of the transformer ones and going back to walgreens to get the 3 for $11 knock offs.