TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-18-2003, 09:47 PM

Question Stuttering?

Just picked up the Savanna and the Enfini!

I've only put together the Savanna so far and have noticed the stuttering that some of you have been mentioning. Do you guys know what it is that is causing it and how I can fix it? I tried adjusting the chassis thing and the controller thing and my car drives straight as an arrow now but I still get the stutterring everytime I let off on the accellerator.

It seems to be the steering part that stutters, but it doesn't effect the driving much. It's just annoying to hear. If anyone has any ideas to fix it, please respond!

-Toben
Old 09-18-2003, 10:15 PM

Possible solution?

I noticed the stuttering when the controller and chassis adjustment screw was center, so I tried to deliberately turn the controller adjustment knob so it was slight left, then adjusted the chassis so it would turn slight right.

This left the car going straight again and makes the stuttering much less.

(I think primarily the stuttering is because of the controller knob, because when it is center the car will stutter, but when it turns far left or far right the stuttering turns off.)

Now to find some bigger space to drives these puppies around.

-Toben
Old 09-19-2003, 04:20 AM
I Love Xmods

you sould see if it is in the Enfini too
Old 09-19-2003, 04:47 AM

stutering isnt a flaw its locking in the fronnt wheels so the dont get turned while in motion unless told to do so
Old 09-19-2003, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by airline2
you sould see if it is in the Enfini too
Yes it is.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:13 PM
Garage Rocker

That got on my nerves, I thought I had a defect, but if guys have the same problem...

I guess I'm gonna have to get used to it, since it doesn't seem to effect handling.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Told ya.

Send a message via AIM to sessiz10
My savanah does the same lil stutter but it's no big deal for me. I actually kinda like the sound, sounds like the car's idling.
Mines also was straight outta the box, no tweekin neccesary.
The only problem I've had with the se's are runtime issues and the looks of the bodies so far. I need to try to see if I can squeeze in 2 200mah or 160's seein as they're a touch shorter, head to tail in the stock bats place.

Meh.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Garage Rocker

Mine ran straight right out of the box too. I don't know why that sound bugs me so bad.

How long you charging yours for sezziz?

I haven't experimented with my SE yet, but my 1/4 AAAs took much more that the 45sec. charge.

I guessing the good 'ol fashioned 'double charge' would solve your runtime prob.

I double charged mine, just because I put it on the charger base to switch channels when that jittering got on my nerves.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Told ya.

Send a message via AIM to sessiz10
I've triple charged it man, seriously, and still the runtimes are like 7 minutes with the lower rpm motors(zz red) and no lights. Add the lights and a faster motor and it drops down to like 2-4 minutes.
I'm used to atleast a 10minute drive before I gotta recharge so this is kinda wack.

Meh.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:16 AM
Garage Rocker

That is whack, especially when you consider you're sucking down 4 AAAs now. That could get expensive.

I'm not sure how long mine runs for, because I keep stopping to try to fix that jitter.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:04 AM

tha jitter is supposed to happen it locks the front wheels down whie moving so nothing can force the wheels to another path

edit: i know it is annoying but unless you wat to break you propo steering you have to deal with it
Old 09-20-2003, 09:05 AM
Garage Rocker

Whether the jittering is right or not, it's affecting the steering to the right. Others have acknowledge this, and Bad company has reported that while the Enfini does jitter it's not as bad, and the steering to the right is a 100% better.

That says to me this is a defect, and it does need to be addressed, and if you think I'm gonna break my car, then you don't know me.

...but I am getting over the jitter, it's justthe uneven steering the jittering seems to be causing.

Last edited by crazydave; 09-20-2003 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:42 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fusion
Hello all im new here and did a whole lot of reading today. This place is great lots of mods, ideas and great peeps that wanna help out.

I have both the the yellow and white se zzs, the white makes the shuttering sound but the yellow does not. Both cars function well. Steering and handleing is the same with both cars. So I dont really know why one zz does it and the other doesnt. My first thought that something was wrong but it makes the sound when you turn the zz on and when the charge begins. I then thought about what killer said about the steering locks up so the wheels dont move so that the zz doesnt go out of control. That makes sense ty killer. I used to have an r/c car that when the wheels got moved with out the control being used (like forcing them by hand) that same sound was made by the servo. The sound is made because the servo is trying to hold the postion so that the car does not go out of control. But like I said my yellow se does not make the shutter sound so maybe some se zz chassis are more sensitive than others.

As long as they all work fine its all good.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Modder-Eater

Send a message via AIM to ZipRC
it's real weird, my efini had the stutter, and strange story:

i was driving, and the car just came to a halt. i took a look, and there was like carpet or hair or something stuck in there, and it was really jamming up the steering. it would turn to the left like normal, but not at all to the right. so i whipeed out the tweezers and started ripping away at whatever was stuck in there. Now there is NO stuttering, and it drives the same....weird....so if u wanna fix stuttering, stuff it with hair and clean it! lol!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:38 PM

The stuttering issue is actually easily solved. You need to adjust the steering trim (on the controller) one way or the other (it doesn't matter which way to start). Once you have adjusted the trim all the way to one side, start adjusting it the other way in small increments. After each adjustment simply test the turning in each direction until the stuttering stops when you let off the steering wheel. When it stops your wheels will most likley be severly turned in one direction or the other. After you have the stuttering issue under control hold your chassis and pull the throttle slightly just to get the wheels spinning consistently. Start turning the alignment screw under the chassis in the direction that you would like the wheels to turn, to get to center (turn the screw while you are pulling the throttle). This is kind of tricky to do since both hands are being used but it's not rocket science! Once the wheels are centered, test it and make the minor adjustments to the alignment screw until it runs straight. This method has been foolproof for me. Let me know if you have any questions or if this works for you.

Last edited by aaronjs04; 09-23-2003 at 08:47 PM.