TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 12-11-2004, 04:24 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to n2o_matt
car differences (mostly wheel base)

ok i'm about to get an x mod for christmas and i have tons of mods in mind after reading for hours on this site. My trouble come when i try to decide wich one to buy.

I've read that there are diferent size drive shafts (medium, long, and i think i saw a short ?maybe?) which cars use the diferent length drive shafts? Does this mean the wheel base is different?

The reasons i'm wondering about wheel base is that longer wb may give me more high-speed stability (i know it did on zz/bits - but thats a little different). Also - probably most important to me is the possibility of using mini z bodies. i think they have a 90mm wb.

Also i think i saw somthing about a chasis with and ajustable length/wb - or was i just dreaming?

thanx for the help - i can't ait to be an xmod owner!
-matt
Old 12-12-2004, 12:14 AM
customanix

Send a message via AIM to dragon4450
all xmods have a chassis with an adjustable wheelbase, the only ones that use the medium length are the nsx the rsx and the 04 mustang body set (mustang not avalable as rtr). all of the rest of them run the long wheel base. there are no bodies as of yet that use the short wheel base. if you want to use a mini-z body with them, then you will need to do alot of moding to the body itself to get it to mount right. and also the long wheel base being better for highspeed stability is true with all type os cars even real ones.

and then we added the giggle gas.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:16 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to n2o_matt
thank you - you answered all my questions.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:57 PM
customanix

Send a message via AIM to dragon4450
Quote:
Originally posted by n2o_matt
thank you - you answered all my questions.
your welcome. if you have any further questions feel free to ask, thats what the form is here for.

and then we added the giggle gas.