TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 10-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Zero-Man

Nope, you're the first to ask!!

I mounted mine on the right rear frontmost hole for the rear deck plate, a little hard to describe.............you may be able to see it on the attached pic.

Thanks for kudos!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Zero-Man

lost the pic.............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg liion-002w.jpg (23.0 KB, 205 views)
Old 10-28-2004, 07:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to allaboutav Send a message via Yahoo to allaboutav
After I posted that question I took some carbon fiber plate that I had laying around and made mear a cuatom rear deck that basically looks similar to the original but much lighter. It only goes inbetween the suspension towers and the goes around the heatsink on one side and fastens to the rear nylon standoff via the supplied long screws that you supply for the stock battery holders (that I didn't use). It worked out really well. This allows the antenna to be mounted in the same area as originally.

That is a good idea to mount the antenna to the tower though. lol! I wish I had seen this post before all that work. haha. O well. It looks cool.

No problem on the props! I am not quick with compliments, usually, but when something is as well done as this was, It does no good not to say something.

Thanks for the tip,
Old 10-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Zero-Man

Yeah we thought about a rear plate just to stabilize the 2 suspension towers, but I for one was drained by the chassis development and put off new items till the new year.........

A word of caution, CF is very conductive, do not mount/screw any condutive wires to CF, especially the antenna wire, unless the exposed wire is isolated. This can be done with nylon/plastic hardware, just as long as the screws/wire do not touch the CF.

You must have one the rare Silver Tex chassis's, very sweet, post some pics!!!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah we thought about a rear plate just to stabilize the 2 suspension towers, but I for one was drained by the chassis development and put off new items till the new year.........
Cool, I understand. I will buy one (probably many) when you decide to tackle it.

Quote:
A word of caution, CF is very conductive, do not mount/screw any condutive wires to CF, especially the antenna wire, unless the exposed wire is isolated. This can be done with nylon/plastic hardware, just as long as the screws/wire do not touch the CF.
Yeah. I found this out the hard way doing my first try at a chassis! Fried the inductors good... like chicken, except it didn't smell as good. lol.

Quote:
You must have one the rare Silver Tex chassis's, very sweet, post some pics!!!!!
I love it too. I will post some pics as soon as I can.

BTW, have you made a Silver Tex Pro Mod Upgrade? I bought the CF one, but would love for it to match.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Zero-Man

allaboutav, you've got mail.........
Old 11-09-2004, 02:15 PM

Pics of the installed chassis

Here are some new pics of the Silver Tex chassis that I got from Zero, and TinyRC. This thing is awesome and fits like a glove. The Silver Tex version is packaged with nylon stand-offs instead of metal, and ends up saving weight over the stock chassis which allows me to use some sturdier, but heavier parts in key areas, without sacrificing too much.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Zero-Man

SooooOO SWwwweeeeeeeeettttTT

Very nice conversion there, and very nice pics!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 04:05 PM

Question silver tex

Hey zero-man, does the silver textalium chassie conduct electricity like the carbon fiber chassie?
Old 11-29-2004, 04:49 PM

Yes it does, but the kit he puts together comes with nylon standoffs for the support columns which helps with weight and some conductivity issues vs the CF kit. The CF kit you have to use some heatshrink to cover the metal standoffs so you don't fry anything.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to YeLLoW GT-R R34
does the 1.5mm CF Chassis come with the nylon standoffs? im kinda scared about frying my electronics also, will it work with li-ions? cause it looks like the li-ions might rub against those metal standoffs
IC-3
Soft Front, Monoshock
Hard Treaded
NML Stage 10, blue Gear
Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Last edited by YeLLoW GT-R R34; 12-03-2004 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:24 AM

Quote:
does the 1.5mm CF Chassis come with the nylon standoffs? im kinda scared about frying my electronics also, will it work with li-ions? cause it looks like the li-ions might rub against those metal standoffs
As of this writing I don't believe the CF chassis ships with nylon. They are metal. The instruction set that is posted on his site says to use heatshrink to wrap the metal ones first before mounting anything to the car. If you do the heatshrink then, Lithiums work great on these chassis's. That's what I am running on my mine.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Micro R/C'er in Da Burgh

Send a message via AIM to baleisen
Li Polys don't fit at all. The battery slots are in the way.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:47 AM

ions fit mine fine. I used a small amount of silicone to secure them to the chassis. I haven't used poly's. Are they significantly larger?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to YeLLoW GT-R R34
hmm did you use the quick kit or pro kit?
IC-3
Soft Front, Monoshock
Hard Treaded
NML Stage 10, blue Gear
Carbon Fiber Driveshaft