TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-22-2003, 07:27 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via ICQ to ronak26 Send a message via AIM to ronak26 Send a message via Yahoo to ronak26
custom chassis production has started

hey guys i made a few new chassis a pan chassis, an extened chassis, and a SUPER LONG chassis which is 4 inches and im going to have pics up in a week or so when i get my parts 2morra i can finish the pan chassis. I will be making these chassis for people that want them and are actaully serious about bits not just people that want to look kewl. I am putting goin to start with 1 batt and im gunna move up to 3 and theres enuff space to put 3 batts on and have the pcb mounted on the chassis. I did add a custom wheelie bar and some extra steering tricks like 2 steering springs and rare magnets but all i can say is get ready for a racing monster
Old 01-22-2003, 09:14 PM
BIT PIMP

I want a pan chassis for sure... Drop me an email. Thanks

silla
Old 01-22-2003, 09:27 PM
smoove operator

Great can't wait to see the pics!
Old 01-22-2003, 10:19 PM

this may sound stupid but what is a pan chassis exactly?
Old 01-22-2003, 11:53 PM
shocon2k

What sort of body would you put on a 4 inch long car thats an inch wide, might I ask?
Old 01-23-2003, 12:36 AM
I really should change my title...

http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread....&threadid=7281
Old 01-23-2003, 12:49 AM
Don't you hate pants?

pan chassis..

here's my pan chassis, it fits my lancer at the moment. I don't have the electronics or wheels done. but it's a start..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stp 001.jpg (58.6 KB, 744 views)
Old 01-23-2003, 01:00 AM
I really should change my title...

love the sig
Old 01-23-2003, 03:23 AM
1 4M 70 1337 4U

Send a message via AIM to JTM
maybe you should creat two outstretched tabs where the wheels axel goes (in the rear) so there is a way to mount it to the chassis w/o glue or som eother silly thing, just put a tab on either side and drill a hole, bend it up then to insert the axle you remove one wheel slide it in and put the wheel back on, then adjust it from there for any slop that may have happened (u can drill the hole to precise size maybe even use small bearings) i cant see how the front steering will fit on it (yet) but i imagine youve thought of that you could extend the flat metal out farther in the front so when you bend it back it has a top.. then you just have to flatten out the tab (wich would be folder over backwards in the process making it 2 pieces thick) enough to make it fit (or mod the body) youll have to line the bottom with black tape and make the holes for chargeing big enough so no accidental connection is made while on the charge station. i imagine this will be sweet. next you can try a carbon fiber chassis.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Chunk

ronak26,

How are you making these? Are you molding them or just using the original chassis' and modifying them? If it's a true one piece custom chassis molded, I'll take one. If it's just modified with an exacto, glue and plastic, I'll have to wait to see pics.
imaginary friend.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:11 PM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Stridex
ronak26,

How are you making these? Are you molding them or just using the original chassis' and modifying them? If it's a true one piece custom chassis molded, I'll take one. If it's just modified with an exacto, glue and plastic, I'll have to wait to see pics.

It looks like he made them from aluminum sheet. I've been thinking of doing this for a while now, i may try it. How are you attatching the steering and rear axle?
Old 01-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Retarded Stunt Driver

im gona attempt a new rear axle mod tonight or this weekend that should allow massive improvment in torque and top speed. if it works it will be the best 4$ mod you can do for a little rc car. ill post pics if it works. if it doesnt then forget i ever posted this.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:59 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via ICQ to ronak26 Send a message via AIM to ronak26 Send a message via Yahoo to ronak26
hey guys im VERY glad to see that you guys are intrested in making your bits really custom and ill try to answer all your questions now.

this was my first build and done chassis i used the exacto method and all but now im going to make a one piece with direct drive and no gear in the middle ill have to see how that works and i have some ideas for steering also

jtm drop me an email i kinda get what your talking about and i really like it so email me so im clear and i might have a new ideea to do

KING BEAUTIFUL JUST BEAUTIFUL

shocon my friend is GREAT with making bodies for cars esp smaller and for 45 bucks hes making me my real car an 96 impalla ss which are really long so it wont look wierd at all

i have it done and all parts in im running one cel now and im gunna be ordering 3 150mah from qfm shortly here and it runs fine right now and its my favorite bit right now also so im hopeing i can get you guys involed with newer chassis ideas and stuff alright later
Old 01-24-2003, 06:32 AM
Tiny RC Pro

cool!
Old 01-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Tiny RC Pro

I want the aluminum chassis!