TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 08-21-2009, 10:01 AM

Gold and chrome plated bodies?

Hello there. I've been thinking about having a few Murcielago bodies gold-plated, and a few Modena bodies chrome plated. There is a company in the USA called ChromeTechUSA and he can do it for a reasonable price.
Would anybody be interested? It might not be very durable for racing, but it sure would look trick.
I'm considering having one Murcielago done and if I like the results, I plan on doing a few more to sell.
What do you all think?

I know we have the anniversary bodies available, but those look painted to me. I'm talking about actually gold-plating the body. Let me know.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:00 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i would have to see the results before committing to anything. i've had custom chromed autoscales in the past and there are usually coverage issues, clarity of finish issues, etc. so i would not recommend anyone to jump into it without knowing what your getting or what to expect. flaws are fine if they are anticipated.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:39 PM

That's why I was planning on doing just one for my self. If I'm happy with the results, then I'd do more.
Whenever I get around to doing this, I'll most definitely post pictures of them here.
Would you want to see matching wheels, gold wheels on gold body, chrome on chrome, or leave the wheels alone? Or would gold on gold be too much?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:50 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
if your willing to be the test subject, i support you all the way please do try silver and or gold and let us see the results.

i asked the guy whom did custom mini-z bodies for red, blue and black tinted chrome bodies and always missed them when he put them on ebay. red tinted chrome looks very nice

chroming the wheels may present fitment problems as the added surface thickness may make them difficult to use. again, if you willing to test this out, i'll be eagerly waiting to see the results before plunking down money on anything.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:16 PM

Thank's arch for your support. I'm not about to touch the green Murcielago I currently have. I'll have to get another AutoScale for the project. It'll be a bit pricey cause of the cost of these AutoScales, and the cost of the job itself.
I don't think he can do colors, but I'll ask him about that as well. I think he only does regular chrome and gold.
I hadn't thought about the tire-fitment issue, so I'll leave those alone.
It will be a while before I can afford an AutoScale for this project, but will report back if/when it happens.