TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 08-22-2010, 07:10 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Short Course Truck

so, anyone interested in this? i'm actually looking forward to this for personal scratch build parts donor as well as putting it on the track with a mini-z.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:42 PM

Drove both the Losi 1/24 scale truck and ralley car last year. We ran them on RCP black tiles. The trucks ran great. Losi really did a great job on the design and the ride is very nice. They will be so much fun to race on Losi's new offroad tracks. Look for racing events to start popping up as soon as the trucks and tracks are available. Shouldn't be very long before they both are here in the states.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:59 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Will you be running these at any upcoming event shows?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
Will you be running these at any upcoming event shows?
We are the manufacturer, but Losi will most likely be running the trucks and tracks at future events and races.

We don't currently have anything scheduled direct through RCP Tracks.

I believe PN Racing is working on a racing program with the trucks and tracks.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:12 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

good to know. i have the truck and the jump tiles on my wish list
Old 09-05-2010, 12:34 AM

Losi short course truck

Saw these today, can't wait for the reviews to come in.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 PM

Any early adopters?

Just curious to see what the consensus is on these.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:18 PM

just picked it up.

Pack is on the charger. Build quality seems good. Gear diffs are a little 'notchy' but not any worse than the stock mr01 was
Old 09-10-2010, 02:56 PM

More thoughts

1 pack down... The push can be dramatic on the linoleum and pile carpet. I unfortunately sold my rcp and the new tracks are in shipping, but I think it show great promise on that surface. It is much more tame and controllable on the kitchen floor than a ma-010 but not as fast either (stock to stock). Thankfully I didn't sell my Airtronics ms-A and it worked like a champ, no need to go 2.4ghz just yet. The lipo should be done on the charger in a few minutes and I'm ready to go again

Lipo
WOW! The lipo really wakes this thing up. I can't see how this would even be drivable with a brushless motor (at least on a track)

Last edited by rkk; 09-10-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to Faded92mx5
Hi guys, there wasn't much of a review up here on these so I thought I might share my opinion.

We ran a few on our RCP track at Hobby Town USA in Mooresville, NC this past Saturday. We built the track up with banking in several corners, added a few jumps, and randomly placed all the plastic "dots" that came with the cars. It was a lot of fun! The cars will flip pretty easily; either from the wall grabbing the car in a corner, or just traction rolling at higher speed - but they show potential... plenty of steering on the high grip surface. They do tend to push on tile or lenolium, but I think that could be fixed by playing with the diffs.

One of our racers modified his with an MR-02 board, soldering up the kit servo and motor. He also found some stiffer springs, rebuilt the shocks with Losi 80/70wt fr/re and shaved his tires to slicks... and it ran really well. It would still traction roll at times.

I feel the lipo is a must, especially if you're used to running quicker cars... they're a bit under powered with the 4.8 battery. Edit: Forgot to mention that we put the Xceleroin 1/36 brushless system in our store car, and didn't pick up much speed over just the lipo. It was much harder to drive with the power curve of the 8750kv motor... maybe if Losi comes out with a specific brushless for this car it will be better, but I can't recommend the system designed for the 1/36 cars.

If anyone is in the NC area, check us out for racing. We're trying to race every Saturday at noon, but the track is up during all store hours for free play.

Last edited by Faded92mx5; 09-13-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:57 PM

Xceleroin motor

Good information about the 8750Kv, all the information I've read has been about the 10250Kv. I've been having a lot of fun with this little thing. Plenty of room for a track in the living room, although it does have a tendency to traction roll. I haven’t made any adjustments to the threaded shocks. I have no idea what the stock shock oil is but it seems a good starting point.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Russ
Hey everyone!! Russ from back in the day is still around :-) I remember you Arch, not may others though at this point.

Anyway, I got one of these little guys and love it! The guy that put my shocks together must have been on his last day at work and was ready to hit the road... one had no oil and the other 3 top caps were all loose and leaking. I cleaned them out and poured some 20 wt back in, better than new (in my case at least). I also have some 50 wt and 70 wt, didn't know about going that high straight off though.

I can't really find much info on these little guys, what I'd like to know, does the "steering & servo saver set" come with different clear plastic tie rods? I'm not crazy with the amount of toe-out on the front end. Maybe it's there to help with turn-in since these things understeer like crazy, but still, it's chewing up my tires too quick!! I found a pic of the steering parts set on a certain auction site if anyone needs to see.

Electrical tape on the tires like the oldschool drifter guys used to do is fun too, especially on the hardwood floor until the wife puts an end to it.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to Faded92mx5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post

I can't really find much info on these little guys, what I'd like to know, does the "steering & servo saver set" come with different clear plastic tie rods? I'm not crazy with the amount of toe-out on the front end. Maybe it's there to help with turn-in since these things understeer like crazy, but still, it's chewing up my tires too quick!! I found a pic of the steering parts set on a certain auction site if anyone needs to see.

Electrical tape on the tires like the oldschool drifter guys used to do is fun too, especially on the hardwood floor until the wife puts an end to it.
I would say get some thin lexan sheet from your local hobby shop, and make your own tie rods, using the originals as templates.

And for drift tires, the fuzzy half of sticky-back velcro works really well on smooth surfaces as well... and polishes to boot; so just tell the wife you're taking care of the floor!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:20 PM
SUPERBEAST

hey i havnt been on here in years, im surprised i remembered my password, but i just picked up one of these and lipos.
they are the best structurally sound rc cars of this scale i have had. i have both the truck and car and as for the diffs, they just need breaking in, and in my opinion they are much better than the mini-z's diff and whole design.
they are metal diffs so breakin can take some time.

(faded92mx5)is that you racing, i just sold my 90 mx5, i had mspnp with a nice garret turbo setup, and some other good stuff. dont sell that i regret it, but ill get another when i can for sure
Old 11-26-2010, 04:56 PM

I have one of these on order. Can't wait!

Has anyone tried the "shimmed diff kit" from Reflex Racing? Looks like they got good results from it. There are also hop-ups now available from Losi and Hot Racing. I found a bunch listed at thetoyz.com.

What's the 2.4GHz upgrade situation with these? Is there any way to put a Mini-Z AWD 2.4GHz board in it? Looks like there are a few DSM options but I'd prefer to go with something that will allow me to use my EURUS Tx.