TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-15-2009, 09:46 AM

fraz, you spoke too late. My Countach is on the way. I've already been recommended the Helio's and will look into it. It would be nice to have one transmitter for three dozen or so cars. I plan on getting back into the Z's as well and would be nice to have one for all.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:55 AM

You can get boxes like these anywhere. Well, online, in the US. Microphones and all sorts of semipro/hobby electronics use these sorts of boxes. You case buy them with the foam pre-fitted, even, and then you just cut it out yourself to fit your cars and Tx etc etc. Good idea though. I'll try to make one over the weekend and post pix. HK is great for DIY stuff because industrial and commercial supplies are no harder to get (at good prices!) than regular end-user items. Online shopping in the US more than makes up for this, however...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:39 PM

I was at my local shipping store today getting a quote for shipping a car to a friend.
I also wanted to see if they had any boxes appropriate for making these protection-boxes. They did not. The man who runs the store suggested I look into boxes that check-books come in. What do you think? I want something that is just the right size for one car with four walls padded by foam. I'm thinking of using the type of grey/black foam padding used to ship computer parts in. I have a nice chunk of that foam that I want to use, but need to find the right sized box.
Any suggestions?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:11 PM

Get this box:

Model is Wisent and the box is about A4 in size.

It comes with the foam and it is cut in little squares for easy modification.

Costs about 15$
Old 10-07-2009, 12:25 PM

Thank's, but that's not what I have in mind.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassi View Post
Get this box:

Model is Wisent and the box is about A4 in size.

It comes with the foam and it is cut in little squares for easy modification.

Costs about 15$
That's great for me, can you tell me where can i buy one?

Thanks
nuno
Old 10-07-2009, 02:55 PM

I've found a web site that specializes in making custom boxes in any size, type, and amount you want. So I've e-mailed them with the specs I'm looking for. We'll see what they can do and what the cost will be.
My goal is to create something just like what Atomic made for the Z's, but specifically for the D's.
We'll see what happens in the next couple of day's/weeks.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:17 PM

These boxes look great, guys. I haven't had time to make a foam-lined case like Kassi's yet, but I've bought a few plastic organizers like Fraz's. I'll post a pic if I ever get everything organized!