TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 06-07-2009, 01:34 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
speed will always play a huge factor in track performance. the faster you go the more traction becomes an issue.
to top it off, the dnano does not weight much at all and even stock, it quite fast.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:52 PM

Miles,

Very good. I look forward to the new batch. I am curious to see what, if any, difference there is. I am also curious what the difference is between running on the flat track and the track with walls will be. The inside corner is so unforgiving on the original that I wouldn't be surprised if the lap times were .5 to 1 second faster on the flat track.

Also, I redid the settings on the KT-18 as you outlined. I took it off training mode and limited the throttle with the electronics in the radio. Much smoother power delivery. I like it! Also now down to consistent 3.4s and had a couple of 3.2 laps with the 917K.

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTracks View Post
We now specify the exact facility and tooling the raw materials are manufactured on. Our first shipment of raw material was slightly different than what we originally tested. I think some units may have shipped that came from the wrong facility, but I can't confirm either way. It was a very subtle difference but noticeable. I checked and it looks like your Track Pack 20 was the 6th set shipped after the release date. The dNaNo's were not out then so I don't have any data on their performance. The epoch performance was only marginally different. However it may be exacerbated by the dnano's increased performance. Your new Track Pack will tell all.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:05 PM

Greg,
Glad to hear the adjustments worked out for you. If you don't have a English manual Its easy to overlook. Most people are unaware of it when they email me. The training mode is a waste of time and the flashing light is worse than water boarding. As far as those inside corners go, most people put some foam tape on that inside corner. Without it, I cringed every time I would hit it. I am sure you will be sub 3.0 with the flat track. I will throw some foam tape in with your next order. The difference in the track was was mostly aesthetic. It was very shiny and the surface texture was slightly less pronounced. I would be surprised if that was it though. Anyway we will know soon enough. I will look for a old piece and email you a picture of it if you are curious.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
good read, thanks for sharing

could you please post a description on how to convert the asc wheels/tires in the parts subforum?

i've used plasti-sip for years to insulate rc antenna's and other things. i didn't know it came in a spray can.

this could be used in the manner we were talking about earlier to coat racing lines in turns. i have to go to the home depot soon anyway and i'll pick up a can if i find it.
Hello arch2b, Thank you for your comment. Yea, I never it seems have time to get in here and post, yet I will try and find the time. So please forgive me for taking so long to get back. Yes I will post pics of the dNaNo's I converted to use the Auto Scale tires and rims. I have a video of the cars (Racing) I'm using that word in it's most basic term for watching some of your videos and others racing their dNaNo's I can't claim to even that. Yet it shows what can be done and who knows some of you might want to try it. Anyway thanks for the nice comment. And try that Plasti-Dip it 100% really works for the Epoch's and when I get some stock rims and tires in for the dNaNo's I will spray down the Realtrack and post the results.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MROSS 1 View Post
I will spray down the Realtrack and post the results.
That will be really nice info to have since the goop method is too involved compared to just spraying.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM

Traction for realtracks!

I have a large set of realtracks I bought for my dnano. I was disappointed with the traction when I first used it. It was good practice though, and I used a bit. But, then I got bored with it and put it away.

Then, I had occasion to use it again and I had an idea! I used the same approach to traction we use in 10th scale outdoor racing... ROOTBEER!

You really need to try this. Traction goes through the roof! In fact, you don't want to lay it down heavy at all. All you need to do is wet a cloth with the rootbeer and wipe the track down. A light film is all you want. Wait for it to dry. If you do it right, you will find it barely, barely feels sticky, or not at all. If it feels sticky, use a damp (water) cloth and thin it out. If it feels sticky, the car will feel like it's on velcro, too much traction... really!

Now, clean your tires and try it out. It RIPS. Go get the x-speed you can use that now!!!

The light coating will last days. You may notice the traction fading after an hour or so of running. Clean your tires with damp (water) cloth and let them dry. The traction comes right back. I guess the sugar on sugar is not good. The rubber seems to love the sugar! Keep the tires clean and have fun.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
dude... no track should need any home remedy cooked up after a couple shots of aged whiskey to get decent traction. if i can't get decent traction on a home track by changing to another compound immediately available at my LHS, why would i buy the joint? RCP has it on lock, hands down.... sorry RealTracks, but ya gotta come again if you want to seriously compete for the dNaNo market. JMHO
Old 08-12-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoTrax View Post
dude... no track should need any home remedy cooked up after a couple shots of aged whiskey to get decent traction. if i can't get decent traction on a home track by changing to another compound immediately available at my LHS, why would i buy the joint? RCP has it on lock, hands down.... sorry RealTracks, but ya gotta come again if you want to seriously compete for the dNaNo market. JMHO
You sound like an ad for RCP! Are you selling it?

I have enough RCP , large and small tiles to cover a football stadium. But, it's far too bumpy because of the seams to be any good with Dnano. Maybe your's is OK. But I already bought a mile of it - and I won't buy another piece myself. The thickness tolerance on that stuff is too wacky for Dnano. By the way it's all for sale, so let me know if you need it and I'll send it right over!

I have run Dnano on MUCH better surfaces and the future is not foam!

I know you haven't tried other surfaces, or you would understand the problems with foam a) the surface thickness tolerance with tiles, and b) the drive/feel of foam is lame. If you've run hot on carpet or harder surfaces you would understand this.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
And, my name is NOT dude!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
lets not get too worked up. it's his opinion and he's entitled to it and free to share it. you can offer a rebuttle however we need not take this in a direction that will only lead to waster forum space.

i myself have had miles of rcp track as well an i honestly don't find the tile seams distracting at all. there are the odd tiles where tile thickness is fractionally different but it's certainly not enough to 'not' use it.

i have realtracks as well and while it's very flat and honestly fun to drive on, stock tires make it an exercises in frustration unless you ant to simply creap and crawl around the track. there are tile gaps in realtracks as well. i've actually documented mine on this forum in discussions with realtracks. i honestly think this can be solved by simply trying various tire compound combinations which i have not been able to do yet.

i've never run on carpet but i can't say i've had any compelling reason to do so.

no one surface is perfect, ask lorne, he's tested almost all of them.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
lets not get too worked up. it's his opinion and he's entitled to it and free to share it. you can offer a rebuttle however we need not take this in a direction that will only lead to waster forum space.

i myself have had miles of rcp track as well an i honestly don't find the tile seams distracting at all. there are the odd tiles where tile thickness is fractionally different but it's certainly not enough to 'not' use it.

i have realtracks as well and while it's very flat and honestly fun to drive on, stock tires make it an exercises in frustration unless you ant to simply creap and crawl around the track. there are tile gaps in realtracks as well. i've actually documented mine on this forum in discussions with realtracks. i honestly think this can be solved by simply trying various tire compound combinations which i have not been able to do yet.

i've never run on carpet but i can't say i've had any compelling reason to do so.

no one surface is perfect, ask lorne, he's tested almost all of them.
I respect his opinion. DUDE is a horse. I don't think it's the way to start an opinion without showing pretty serious disrespect for my opinion. I don't care about the space. Not anymore. I see how it is here. LOL

"dude... no track should need any home remedy cooked up"

Like 1) foam 12th scale traction compounds used at all carpet racing venues.
Like 2) foam 10th scale traction compounds used at all carpet racing venues.
Like 3) sugar water applied on asphault used at all good 10th scale on-road racing venues.
Like 4) VHT applied on asphault at all good Nitro racing venues 10th and 8th scale.
In fact, I don't think any Worlds event has been held.. maybe ever, without the use of surface and/or tire traction compounds.

Dnano has been out for just a short while, and I don't think you guys should assume Mini-Z lore will be the right answer for Dnano surface/tires. In fact, I know some of the fastest and earliest adopters of mini-z used oil on their tires, which works great, but really causes mayhem for the owner of the RCP. I know of venues where the RCP has become... like really lousy due to contamination... caused by factors having nothing to do with any application of traction compounds. Just dust, sun and wear and tear.

Dnano is much more fun, and drives more like an 8th or 10th scale model, when on a smooth surface. The smoother the better. Faster rolling and smoother weight transfer works wonders for the model. If you have not tried it on something better than RCP, you are really missing out. I'm not here to bash RCP. But, it has it's limitations where dnano is concerned... even Mini Z IMO. The feel of too much traction is not much better than that of too little. In the case of RCP, inconstant traction and surface irregularities are greatly enhanced with Dnano. AND, carpet is better for Mini Z as well IMO. Try RCMMS for a week or so, and then go back to your PCP!

Maybe you guys should be a little more open minded and not smoke so much o'that PCP.. er ah I mean RCP.

Last edited by run4fun; 08-12-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:56 PM

nope... don't sell RCP and don't plan to. i build the tracks in our shop and the rubber/foam/pvc is tested and proven to give a closer to real experience with tire compounds and car handling. i'm not only referring to their previous design, i'm also referring to the extensive investment they r making in building a track specific to the needs of dNaNo. btw, "dude" is a term of endearment where i come from
Old 08-12-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
nope... don't sell RCP and don't plan to. i build the tracks in our shop and the rubber/foam/pvc is tested and proven to give a closer to real experience with tire compounds and car handling. i'm not only referring to their previous design, i'm also referring to the extensive investment they r making in building a track specific to the needs of dNaNo. btw, "dude" is a term of endearment where i come from
OK dude. I accept that. I just think you are a bit arrogant to claim "proof" and to speak like the lord on this. I DO know of your place. I DO respect your opinion, as just that. But, you have only "proven" to me that you don't respect mine. That's all.

BYE

PS: I don't drink whiskey. Look at what you wrote!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 PM

quick note: JMHO = Just My Humble Opinion.... carry on
Old 08-12-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
quick note: JMHO = Just My Humble Opinion.... carry on
And what is the acronym for "your arrogance bleeds through your writing", and "the cheezy acronym in closing is like saying it with a smile"

Some simple apology for a bleeding rude introduction would be a much better response. But, I would never expect that on an RC board. Or, where you are from it's endearing to insult someone by calling them a drunken fool?