TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-11-2002, 10:29 AM
so I re-wired it

1/3 AA batteries kind of fit

I found out that 1/3 AA batteries fit in Microsizers.... lengthwise anyway. They are bigger around, and you can't get the cover back on over the pc board.
You also have to grind out the post that holds the battery too.
The 1/3 AA nicads that I have are from an older electric car-toy called a sizzler- they usually have nascar style bodys, and the 1/3 AA is 150mA. Good source if you can find them, and don't mind things not quite fitting back together.

Plus I figured out that a stick-pin is really handy to make the heat sink/motor cover stay on when using a ZZ motor.
Just cut the pin really short, and push it in under the body tab, catching the spring.

Famous last words:
Hold my beer and watch this
Old 11-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Bit Surgeon

neat find; I was wondering myself if they'd fit.

If you've got some lying around and want to use it as an alternative to the 150mah 1/3aaa batt available to save some money, that's great. But if you've already done the mod to get it to fit and have a few extra dollars, you can get a NIMH 1/3aa that has a 250mah capacity. That'd be the best reason for switching to 1/3aa IMHO. That'd be 5 times the original stock capacity but might add a little more weight.

You could use two of those for a dual-cell 1/3aa mod too.. it'd run longer than the 1/3aaa dual-cell mods, though you'd probably have to hack out all of the back window to get the second cell to fit, and you'd have to charge it for like 5 minutes
Old 11-13-2002, 04:33 PM
so I re-wired it

That would be the best reson to do it.
It does weigh more, and when I have my 2 cars set up with the same 2.6 motor and gearing the 1/3AA is a bit slower. Except... When I use the "turbo" zip zap motor, it takes off faster than the 2.6, and runs about the same speed.

Famous last words:
Hold my beer and watch this
Old 08-28-2006, 10:55 PM

Was just wondering if you have tried your char-g on a Fat Track (the tracks made for sizzlers for those of you that don't know what this is they have insanely high banks about a 65 degree angle about 5 inches wide and the track is flat and straight and is about 4.5 inches wide). I tried my stock Char-g clone and all it did was crash the the bottom from the top. I've been trying to find an r/c car that will work on the track because you can setup alot of configurations with a couple sets of track.

Thanks in advance,

steelo
Old 08-18-2007, 12:47 PM

no

but i have on zzs and it burned a motor out