TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 03-28-2003, 09:05 PM
Mr. Goop

Send a message via Yahoo to Spanky
airbrushes?? what kind to get??

ok, its time for me to kick down some money for an airbrush. however i know nothing about them.. i had one of those testors airbrushes once, but destroyed it in a matter of a week. are there specific brands that i should stay away from?

the other question i had was how long those propellant cans last. and if they work good, or do you really need a compressor?

if anyone has one, what kind is it and have you had any problems with it? is it good bad.... tell all the goodies on it. thanks.

of the ones that i have seen are Badger, Pasche.. (i cant spell), and Campbell Hausfeld. do these all sound good?
Old 03-28-2003, 09:22 PM
XMOD AUDI TT (my wish)

the ozone ones arent good?
i wanted to get one
Old 03-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Epoch's R Bett'R

Aztec airbrushes from an art store rock. Kinda pricey, but I love mine. ($99 10 year ago) I don't know what they run now.

As far as propellant, go to a flea market, or a garage sale. Buy one of those air tanks that you use to fill up a flat tire. Got to a hardware store or tool store and buy an air regulator that you can regulate the pressure.(should be pretty cheap) Then you get equal air pressure for a long long time. Propellant is inconsistant.

Last edited by chelboed; 03-29-2003 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:50 AM
It's super useless!

Yea the airbrush is a wonderful tool. I just don't have the time to use mine . You need to make sure nothing will interrupt you in the next 1-2 hours in an airbrushin session.

Testors Aztek model line is very good. They have a lifetime guarantee on their models (I have one which I only used like twice before I got lazy).

As for the propellant can things, um, I would say it will take a whole can to paint one of those 1/144 Gundam model kits.

As for compressor, I say the Campbell Hausfeld is a good one. The 2 gallon model is able to pump out like 100psi for other uses besides airbrushing. Most airbrush compressors only give out like 30psi at max, leaving it useless for more power tools and inflating tires etc. I have the Campbell one . I got it for airbrushing but since I have airbrushed in months, I use it to blow dust of stuff .

I heard that the spare tire as air source has its downs. I believe they give out a nasty tire-rubber smell and that they don't last long enough which is bad if you cant replenish it on the spot. Well, you could go to a gas station but if you don't have a ride, then walking down there with a tire would rather be more like you're trying to grab attention.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:05 AM
Epoch's R Bett'R

My can was 5 gallon, I think. It lasted several sessions before I had to refill. (no joke) Mine had no residue, or smell coming out of it. If you clean it out once in a while, it should be okay. Just my experience, though.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:59 AM
It's super useless!

Upside to the tire is that its extremely cheap. All u need is to find a tire and get the necessary stuff like the regulator and fittings to support the airbrush hose.

Need something cheaper? Blow through the airbrush hose like those blopens. Seriously, I don't recommend this because of the inconsistent pressure and the high risk of saliva getting into the paint. I don't even think the mouth can put out at least 20 psi into the hose.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:08 PM
XMOD AUDI TT (my wish)

but what about for me???
i don have like 200 bux for an airbrush for prros and if i did have the money i wouldnt get it cuz ill use it like twice, would the propellant cans be good for me?? to use to paint flames, shaps and stuff on my cars?
Old 03-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Mr. Goop

Send a message via Yahoo to Spanky
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1364

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=34058

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2919487416

there are tons of airbrushes on e-bay... the only problem is finding a good quality brush for the cheapest price...
Old 03-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Epoch's R Bett'R

If you are only going to use it a couple times, rent one from an art store. You could also just get a cheap one from an art store that's not adjustable. You're not going to do any fine art work with it, correct? Just body coats? You should be fine with a $30 cheapie and a propellant can. They are pretty consistant until the end of the can by the way.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:11 PM
I cant stop modding

how about the ones that walmart sells
I want to get one but have no money so like $30 is a great price for me