TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 01-07-2004, 10:45 PM

Need suggestions & volunteers for "How To's".

We are looking for some suggestions of what "How To" pictorials you would like to see. These would include photos with or without commentary, or just a thread itself.

We would also ask for any volunteers that may want to contribute to these. There are a lot of members here with good ideas for mods and hop ups. We are also looking to just put together some basic installation instructions for the RS upgrades that some of the newer members would be able to use as a guide when installing various parts.

Please post your suggestions in this thread. If you would like to contribute, please post that here too.

Thanks.

EDIT: These will be posted in the gallery.

I have added a list of the current suggestions and volunteers. I will contact each member via email to verify their participation and further instructions.

Member Volunteer List

Basic Tips: Unassigned (This can be broken down to specific tips.)
Extended or Loss Of Range Fix: Unassigned
Motor Winding: Unassigned
Turning Radius Mod: TypeZer0
FWD Mod: TypeZer0
6 Cell Mod: Unassigned
Motor Break In: Unassigned
Steering Horn Alignment Fix: Unassigned
Parts Lubrication: Unassigned
General RC Electronics Knowledge: Johnfish
RS Upgrade Kit Instructions: Johnfish (Will be broken down to the specific kits.)

Last edited by Bad Company; 01-13-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:18 AM
I'm not a pyro, really.

I would suggest:

Basic Tips

Common problem fixes:
Extended Range?
Civic on Fire

and your thread on the "Next Generation" XMODS

these seem to answer most of the questions that people have.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!

Last edited by aperson; 01-08-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Told ya.

Send a message via AIM to sessiz10
What I would love to see is a nice pictorial on the winding of a motor. I know a couple of people, like neurokenetik have written up some concise findings and how to's, but nothing does it for me better than a pictorial.

Meh.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:44 AM
0reZepyT

i could throw up a couple pics showing the mod that increases teh steering range thus lowering the turning radius by almost 40%. i think i posted it up here before and i made sure to give that person (gvitya on another forum) the credit and linking to his pic. i could take my own pics and do a step-by-step. i could also throw up a pic tutorial of re-aligning the steering horn. i'll also volunteer to show the people converting to an FWD car since i see a lot of people asking
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:45 AM
TinyRC Newbie

Smile XMod tutorials in the works

BC

Looks like we have been thinking the same thing...

Ive been working on some Power Point presentations for some of the common XMods projects Ive seen posted here... I just sent you some information about what I currently have available and if you are able to host them for download to the forum members. They will need to have MS Power Point installed on their system to view the tutorials, or download the free Power Point Viewer off of Microsoft's web site.

If there is interest, Ill have more info available

]-[otRod
Old 01-08-2004, 05:26 PM

Keep 'em coming!

We are shooting more for something that will be posted in our gallery here so everyone could see. We don't want to have to make the members have a specific program just to view them.

]-[otRod,

I will talk to you more in my reply email, but I would hope that you could put these in a pictorial format using the forum here.

I would hold off on posting anything yet until we get a good game plan together exactly how we intend to do this. I will most likely create a thread or have everyone submit your entries to me to be posted.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:16 AM
Got Brains?

he he

Installing 6-cells already, so it's not asked 3x a day
Old 01-10-2004, 03:16 PM
TinyRC Pro

Ok, here is some:

- How to break in a motor
- How to re-align the steering horn (this was suggested above but it is very important so I thought it's worth mentioning again)
- Lubrication pictorial and info (basic stuff about grease vs graphite, and make sure to point out important places to lube the car up at)
- General car care info
- Motor modification!

Thats all I can think about at the moment.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm not a pyro, really.

could somebody do an informatory thread about general electronics? like how they work and what each piece does.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:49 AM
TinyRC Pro

Hey BC,

Let me know if you need some help doing specific tutorials. I would be glad to take on any of the ugrade instructions. I might also suggest that a list of specific articles be generated and people who volunteer to be assigned to them. That way no one is duplicating each others work. If you need help organizing this let me know. Contact me at work or email me.

John

Also I would be willing to do a tutorial on basics RC electronics as related to the xmod as aperson requested above.

Last edited by johnfish; 01-13-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by johnfish
Hey BC,

Let me know if you need some help doing specific tutorials. I would be glad to take on any of the ugrade instructions. I might also suggest that a list of specific articles be generated and people who volunteer to be assigned to them. That way no one is duplicating each others work. If you need help organizing this let me know. Contact me at work or email me.

John

Also I would be willing to do a tutorial on basics RC electronics as related to the xmod as aperson requested above.
That would a great idea. I will put something together as for a list, sorta like a sign up sheet and will update/attach members to each tutorial. I'm still working on the specifics to submitting your tutorials so they can be posted in the gallery.

John,
I'm at home today, so I will catch up to you tomorrow via email.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:12 PM
TinyRC Pro

BC,

Im home tomorrow so I will email my home email and phone number to you at work. Give me a call tomorrow.

John
Old 01-13-2004, 01:33 PM

Gothca Johnfish.

I have added a list of the current suggestions and volunteers to the original post. I will be updating this and making contact with the volunteers with further instructions. If you want to volunteer, post which tutorial you would like to do in this thread.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:07 PM
0reZepyT

i'll do my best to get you my two tutorials this weekend time permitting.
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:32 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Tutorials

Ive got the tutorial completed for adding the High/low gain switch button to the Transmitter ( Nitro Button Mod ). Its in Power Point - about 60 detailed photos and GIF's with instructions.

Ill also be doing one on adding multiple Lights to the Command Logic set as well as adding an underglow kit from a PS2 controller.

In the near future, I plan on doing one on a spinbrush mod as well as the mod for correcting the steering issue by replacing the resistors on the reciever PCB.

Lemme know what you want.