TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 03-13-2004, 02:18 PM
I really should change my title...

observation

it seems to me that less people are posting on the xmods forums these days. it seems that now, it takes forever and a half plus tax to get a reply. wuts goin on? is xmod popularity dying?
Old 03-13-2004, 02:27 PM

either that or mutuant rats ate everyone's tires and antennas. maybe they are preparing for spring break or just got some issues to deal with.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Joey
I removed myself for a time because I lost interest, and I lost interest because it appeared as though RadioShack had lost interest. If they ever did promote these toys anywhere other than the internet, they immediately ceased. All twelve of the AWD kits they ever produced were sold, and they refused to make any more. Same goes for the other parts. No recalls on faulty hardware, cavalier-at-best employee attitudes, zero support for the fanbase. That's why we've all gone about custom modifying things, because the real parts are nowhere to be found or have lost their impressivity.

Then I thought, what the heck, I've already wasted like ten hours at TRC, might as well keep going.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Mad Scientist

One of the reasons for the slowdown is that people are running out of ideas, it seems. I know I haven't done anything drastically new with my Xmods (in fact, I sold off my RSX and spare chassis, I now only have the Civic) in quite a while. I did paint a couple of sets of wheels, because I sold my only set of white ones with the RSX. I have a buyer for the 180 drag motor in the Civic, so once that's sold, I will probably be working on making something faster again.

Other than that, I spend most of my time prepping and tuning my Mini-z for each wednesday night racing session. The Civic only gets used for a little drift seeion after the racing is over, and sometims, I don't even stay for that anymore.

When we first started our Wednesday night, it used to be all XMods, except for the rink owner's Mini-Z. Now about 50% of the drivers have switched over to Mini-Zs.

Wow, talk about off on a tangent... anyway, another reason for the slowdown in posts is the reluctance of people to keep answering the same questions over and over again.

Of course, RS isn't helping by not releasing any new products since the XMods launch.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

I agree with Neuro, a lot of people have gotten frustrated with the newbies that have no clue how to search/ read. then there are the retards who belive no one but expect answers. then there is the lack of parts. well at least my family is happy now, im not going to RS everyother night to see what they have. (gas is almost $2.00) and i dont call them anymore because i keep on getting the same b***h that doesn't know how to read.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 03-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Subaru WRX STi

I think that RS just needs to start producing new and impoved parts for the xmod. Nothing has come out in 5 months for the xmod, and like said above people are running out of ideas. I have noticed a real increase in the amount of xmod related stuff on ebay due to (i think) people getting bored with there cars. RS better do some better advertising or come out with some new parts in order to keep people coming back. I know that i havent touched my xmod in almost a month, just becasue the people at RS are nearly impossible to work with and the only upgrades that are left in my local RS are the Stage 1 motors, Decals, and Crystal set
Old 03-21-2004, 11:10 AM
like my dog??

Send a message via AIM to aero528
i know i have slowed posting because i have gotten into 1/10 scale nitro rc.

Aka...aero528
Old 03-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Hippygeek

I graduated!!!!!

I got my first Xmod in December, and in a very short time, I had 5 Xmod's and an RCP Track. I built a lap counter for the track. I beefed up a few of the Xmods and was content for a very short period. I learned of the Mini-Z and had to try one. Well...... Here it is only March and I now have 4 Mini-Z's. Three MR02's and an MR01. I traded off one of my Xmods for the MR01. It is really beat up and I have ordered all new parts and a body for it. Anyway, since I have driven a Mini-Z, the Xmods just don't do it for me anymore. They are sitting idle collecting dust. I only visit this site every few days now. I spend all my time on the Mini-Z site now. Not saying that is the trend with everybody......it's just what happened too me.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:04 PM
I really should change my title...

I still race my xmods on our regular day but only because it wouldn't be fair for me to use my mini-z. I bought another mini-z last week ('66 cobra 427). I haven't bought anything for my xmods for weeks and that was only to order essential parts. If all my buddies had mini-zs I wouldn't use my xmods at all. However, if they had a new car available or higher grade parts at a good price I might be lured back in.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Hippygeek

Quote:
Originally posted by jaubery
I bought another mini-z last week ('66 cobra 427).
Very COOL.......... I bought a Porsche 911 GT3 body for my restore project. I bought all alloy parts and a skeleton chassis. Bearing kits for the car and an upgraded motor. I also ordered FET's for it. I'm going to post pics on the Mini-Z site when I'm finished with it. Do you remember the MR02 I bought? I'm hoping my MR01 Project will look similar to that. The parts should be here early this week. L8R Dude.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Subaru WRX STi

I have just lost a lot of interest in the xmods. Im selling it in the "Misc. Discusion" Forum. The reason is, is that i have a mini-z f1 on the way, and i would like to make that thing wicked fast. Formual 1 racing is my favorite type of racing, and when i learned of the mini-z f1, i had to get one...if you want my xmod, check out the "Misc. Discusion" forum.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Subaru WRX STi

Quote:
Originally posted by rlc77
I also ordered FET's for it.
Hey, where did you get your FETs at?? I can only find them at miniz store . com and they are $2.50 a pop
Old 03-22-2004, 05:21 AM
Hippygeek

Quote:
Originally posted by RedRSX
Hey, where did you get your FETs at?? I can only find them at miniz store . com and they are $2.50 a pop
I ordered them from mouser.com and the price was around 2 something a piece. They have been back ordered though.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:59 AM
TonkaTone1

Loss of Interest

Neurokinetic is right. Not much new is happening with these cars. Although the carbon fiber chasis is pretty cool, it doesn't fix the problems with the rear suspension or the steering limitations. The stuff that Jshwa, Neuro an others are doing with the big motors and higher voltages is truly amazing, but I don't need more speed, I need better handling and I don't have the tools to remake everthing to get it.

I was racing my xmod against a guy with a Mini-z and he turned to me and said, "Let me get this straight, you are using a Mini-z body, Mini-z tires, a Mini-z motor, and you've spent more on this car than a stock Mini-z? What's wrong with this picture?"

Once he said that I lost my concentration and promptly crashed.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

thats why i listen to music. the sound of some punk drowns out everything else and i can concentrate. i listen to Billy Talent, Lost Prophets, AFI, anything like that. really loud to so that every one of my opponents can hear it too. but at home i like listening to the sweet sound of my motor. and yes i do know that i am quite odd.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!