TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-14-2008, 06:21 PM

Transmission issues

Hello all,
Have a few question that I am sure some of you have experienced. So I went to 2S and the Atomic BB II motor and guess what.....I stripped the diff gears that go to the outputs. I guess I should have known this was possible since the truck is easily 2X as fast as it was and easily pulls wheelies. I have looked to see if I can find up-graded gears with no luck...are they available? if not is there any way to make them last longer.

Second issue is the fact that I am getting metal shavings in the trans case from the bronze gear where it goes into the bushing, any tips on how to reduce this from happening?

I know I am pushing the truck way beyond what it was designed to do and wondering if there are any tips on solveing these issues.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-22-2008, 09:43 PM

well, I don't know of any upgrades for the gears, but, I have the whole stock micro dt and have noticed metal shavings in my trans around the bushing on the shaft with the spur gear on it, and I am getting the brushless motor for
c-mas, I hop ther is upgrades.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:28 AM

i read that you need to lube the tranny every 6 runs or so, with vasiline (what i use) or some thicker grease,not wd40
Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM

Dont use vasoline, it is too thick and will make it sluggish. The diff rebuild kit from losi that includes the diff gears you stripped will include an oil mixture that is purfect. use about half of it and save the rest for later. Later on you can make a mixture of vasoline and a lighter oil like bb gun oil and mix it 1:1. But if you can find an oil that is the same wt as in the rebuild kit.
As for the brass shavings from the bushing, the only fix for that is buying an aluminum gearbox. Most preferably 3r brand. Instead of the bushing it uses a bearing. This will not wear down much at all and increase your runtime a bit.